Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The ironically named Citroen Finance released a scathing report yesterday explaining why it thinks Lemonade is going to $100 - they've shorted the stock obviously.

Stock markets are closed Monday, there's often red days leading into 3 day weekends.

I really despair for the market when people are taking Citron Research seriously. A 15 year old can produce a more professional document than they do, and their due diligence is a process of using cherry-picked data and historical excerpts to back up their claims. Take a look at one of their recent documents:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Stem-STPK-Looking-Beyond-Tesla.pdf

Compare how they present their data and analysis, the writing style and the conclusions they draw to a document produced by real analysts like Bernstein:

https://orocoresourcecorp.com/wp-content/uploads/Global-Metals-Mining-King-Copper-once-and-future-14-September-2020-Bernstein.pdf

Chalk and cheese. Citron are a bunch of cowboys who are trying to manipulate the huge influx of retail investors to their benefit. I daresay the combined expertise on this forum alone far outstrips what they produce, and if you actually did DD on a company like Lemonade and are tempted to take action based on what Citron say you need to re-evaluate your investment strategy. For the record I don't own any LMND stock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I really despair for the market when people are taking Citron Research seriously. A 15 year old can produce a more professional document than they do, and their due diligence is a process of using cherry-picked data and historical excerpts to back up their claims. Take a look at one of their recent documents:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Stem-STPK-Looking-Beyond-Tesla.pdf

Compare how they present their data and analysis, the writing style and the conclusions they draw to a document produced by real analysts like Bernstein:

https://orocoresourcecorp.com/wp-content/uploads/Global-Metals-Mining-King-Copper-once-and-future-14-September-2020-Bernstein.pdf

Chalk and cheese. Citron are a bunch of cowboys who are trying to manipulate the huge influx of retail investors to their benefit. I daresay the combined expertise on this forum alone far outstrips what they produce, and if you actually did DD on a company like Lemonade and are tempted to take action based on what Citron say you need to re-evaluate your investment strategy. For the record I don't own any LMND stock.

Yeah was gonna come in and post something similar.

I think it’s clear from some of my posts on this thread that I’d consider myself on the sceptical side regarding Lemonade. But I watched back the 7min video the guy from Citron put up last night and it was absolutely ridiculous stuff. I think well over half the video was about how much they have to charity.

You’d really hope that the Citron report isn’t the main driver behind the red day for the stock. Personally I think it was just part of a general red day across the board for a lot of stocks which have been great performers over the last while and that giving Citron credit is over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

JDWW wrote: »
    I set up an account with Binance. I believe you can use a debit card to deposit funds.
    Strange how you can only purchase on Binance with Bitcoin. So you have to buy bitcoin first.
    Gonna dump a couple of hundred in to it and forget about it (not my password😄).

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

What makes HBAR stand out from other Cryptos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

What makes HBAR stand out from other Cryptos ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭riddles

GEVO co-founder joins Biden’s science team. Hope this add’s more momentum before funding PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Speaking of SPACs PSTH is up 12% in the last hour, rumours that it's Stripe.

My SPAC suggestion is APSG, Apollo have a good track record for taking companies public and they have a great team set up for this one.

Article in today's SBP about Stripe going public, spac mentioned as possible vehicle but no specific spac mentioned, expected (mostly based on recent hires) to happen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Article in today's SBP about Stripe going public, spac mentioned as possible vehicle but no specific spac mentioned, expected (mostly based on recent hires) to happen this year.

I logged on here to ask what was in the article as I don't subscribe to SBP.
    Not much there so, at least they confirmed SPAC rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

AmberGold wrote: »
    I logged on here to ask what was in the article as I don't subscribe to SBP.
    Not much there so, at least they confirmed SPAC rumours.

Yea nothing much in it really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

MF's top 10 for 2021
    APPN
    NET
    FVRR
    FLGT
    LMND
    MELI
    OKTA
    PINS
    SHOP
    ZM

i'm in MWS also, so will keep the stock of the month updates coming .

January NET up 2.24 since posting
    December Home Depot up 4.39%
    November Twilio up 39.32%
    October SE 45.5%

This goes back to December 2016 and in that time they've had 17 stocks that are currently in the red. The rest are in the green with the biggest improvers being:

Shopify - up 2600%
    Tesla - up 1607.03%
    The Trade Desk - up 1569.2%
    Match Group - up 757.6%
    Twilio (first posted in May 2018) - up 625.4%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

US market's closed today - Martin Luther King Day

• Registered Users Posts: 81,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Been looking at TATA Motors recently, current price $17.58, it's up nearly 40% YTD. It's the parent company of Jaguar Land Rover which is probably not a great thing financially right now but lots of shared technology around the group as a result. They have a budget electric SUV launched last year retailing around €19k, doubt it will ever make it to European shores, it's the best selling electric vehicle in India.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Nexon

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Been looking at TATA Motors recently, current price $17.58, it's up nearly 40% YTD. It's the parent company of Jaguar Land Rover which is probably not a great thing financially right now but lots of shared technology around the group as a result. They have a budget electric SUV launched last year retailing around €19k, doubt it will ever make it to European shores, it's the best selling electric vehicle in India.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Nexon

It was here - I remember test driving it about 15 yrs ago - during the first episode of the greens. It was a basic yoke - very small and cheap - as far as I remember and no dealer interested at the time. Ideal for India and who knows after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭circadian

riddles wrote: »
    GEVO co-founder joins Biden’s science team. Hope this add’s more momentum before funding PR.

Yerp, starting to look a little stronger $7.30 pre-opening at the minute. Think I'll watch it for the first 20 minutes this morning to try and catch a dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Bought some Renewable Energy Corp, biodiesel. Very profitable company with a low P/E ratio and profits heading upwards the past few years. Raging I didn’t spot it earlier, I see someone mentioned it in the 2020 thread at a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Had an old order on Alibaba trigger this morning, thoughts if I'm catching this falling sword ?
    Will be investing in these 6, monthly, for the forseeable future, even split between each, I dont have the time to take massive risks in the search of big pay offs, but if I could clear 10-15% a year I'd be happy.

AliBaba - BABA
    cronos wrote: »
    Also worth noting that not all companies are going up. Salesforce for example remains well off of it's high's as an example. Alibaba remains well undervalued. It's not all winners.

I bought into AliBaba just after New Years, up 8%, think I'm going to take it and pour it into GEVO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Green&Red wrote: »
    I bought into AliBaba just after New Years, up 8%, think I'm going to take it and pour it into GEVO

Gevo is up a lot already? What are your price targets for it?

I'm going to keep my baba long term. I think it's been getting a hard shake, happy to stick with it.

My shares in FROG however I want rid of as soon as they get to 67!

I'd be curious to see how strongly GEVO opens this morning, I could see it swinging up over the next few weeks but it's tough to say.

I've sold a load of my AMD shares that I bought over a year ago for sub $20 as it looks like they're on a downward trajectory, most likely to do with supply issues. On the other hand my TSMC shares are growing stronger as it looks like Intel have had a change in CEO and are most likely looking to outsource their silicon manufacturing to TSMC as they're now yielding 5nm chiplets in tests compared to Intel struggling to hit good yields of 8nm or smaller. Samsung also producing 8nm silicon but they're in a bit of a pickle since one of their Execs has just been sent to prison for bribery.

Keep an eye on AMD, however, they acquired Xilinx not so long ago and having worked with FPGA technology before I'd say they'll be using it to handle specific CPU/GPU tasks in the near future and possibly even make a move into the mobile market as the shift in desktops/laptops goes from x86/64 to RISC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

circadian wrote: »
    I'd be curious to see how strongly GEVO opens this morning, I could see it swinging up over the next few weeks but it's tough to say.

Gevo is up a fairly run of the mill 35% in pre-market.

Trailing 12-month revenues of 12M. Mkt cap of 1Billion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

I'm going to keep my baba long term. I think it's been getting a hard shake, happy to stick with it.

My shares in FROG however I want rid of as soon as they get to 67!

I purchased a sizeable chunk of BABA last week, and will buy more today. Hoping for an up-turn on the back of Biden coming into office and China-US relations easing over the coming months. My price target is $300.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭crushproof

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    I purchased a sizeable chunk of BABA last week, and will buy more today. Hoping for an up-turn on the back of Biden coming into office and China-US relations easing over the coming months. My price target is $300.

Have they found Jack yet?

GEVO and GME off to a flying start.

I don't know, genuinely no clue, I think theres a wave of optimism around the new administration and its a great time to be in biofuels

I had it at $2.50 and sold at $5, instantly regretted it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭littlevillage

GEVO is on fire !!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Oh why did I miss out on GEVO... Some jump today... If it drops at any point in the next month I will get in... was pondering about it at $4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

UMC up 16% still think it has lots to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My PLS shares and rights issue shares have merged into one holding in Degiro, onwards and upwards...

circadian wrote: »
    Yerp, starting to look a little stronger $7.30 pre-opening at the minute. Think I'll watch it for the first 20 minutes this morning to try and catch a dip.
    GEVO is on fire !!
    voodoo wrote: »
    Oh why did I miss out on GEVO... Some jump today... If it drops at any point in the next month I will get in... was pondering about it at $4 :(

Passed $10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

How fare I'll Gevo go? Is it worth buying around 8?

Advertisement