Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Another one worth watching is Bionano Genomics. I got in two weeks ago and I’m up 103%. I’m finding it such a rollercoaster having Nio after getting in at 52; it has slightly recovered today after doing nothing the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I've gone in balls deep and made nearly as much this Jan as the whole of 2020 (which was very lucrative). The way I see it this is a once in a lifetime opportunity on the stockmarket. I'm about 20% cash right now and the aim is to cash out the likes of 50% and put it into property that will generate the likes of 10% roi if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Another one worth watching is Bionano Genomics. I got in two weeks ago and I’m up 103%. I’m finding it such a rollercoaster having Nio after getting in at 52; it has slightly recovered today after doing nothing the last few days.

BNGO was tipped in Share picks 2019 @ $1. I bought in and sold early. Obv raging now.

Whos still in gme? I hate wsb, but well done to them for getting one over Andrew left lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭circadian

Timmaay wrote: »
    Whos still in gme? I hate wsb, but well done to them for getting one over Andrew left lol.

I'm still in with a handful of sub $40 shares, riding this crazy train to the end for a laugh. Not a fan of WSB but it's pretty funny seeing how many people are losing their minds over this and on the upswing maybe Gamestop will reinvent itself.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    I'm still in with a handful of sub $40 shares, riding this crazy train to the end for a laugh. Not a fan of WSB but it's pretty funny seeing how many people are losing their minds over this and on the upswing maybe Gamestop will reinvent itself.

Couldn't help myself. 6mins 500$. mental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

That Gamestop company sure looks like a good buy...

Definitely not jealous of any hodlers left :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Couldn't help myself. 6mins 500$. mental stuff.

I really hope you are looking at candlesticks and not just guessing, that could have ended very badly!

GME suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

PLTR having a good day so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

loving my FB $ 255 calls which expire today and which i bought eight days ago for $ 320

worth over $2k as of now

I really hope you are looking at candlesticks and not just guessing, that could have ended very badly!

Nope, pure yolo stuff I'm not gonna lie lol. The loose aim was a 5$ 1:1 rr (so stop loss 55, target was 65), but while I was throwing in my limit sell it had already nearly hit 65 so I typed 70 lol. I'm certainly not a daytrader anymore, but I'm aware of how insanely fast it was all moving and was ready to sell at a market price at any stage if needed.
    And that was all while sitting on the tractor feeding the cows here lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

cc87 wrote: »
    PLTR having a good day so far

Guess the options expiry is pushing it up... holding well above $30 so far

Nope, pure yolo stuff I'm not gonna lie lol. The loose aim was a 5$ 1:1 rr (so stop loss 55, target was 65), but while I was throwing in my limit sell it had already nearly hit 65 so I typed 70 lol. I'm certainly not a daytrader anymore, but I'm aware of how insanely fast it was all moving and was ready to sell at a market price at any stage if needed.
    And that was all while sitting on the tractor feeding the cows here lol.

Wish I had the capital you have on that! I'm still holding, mostly because I was dealing with the kids and didnt expect it to top out at $76. Happily hold with a tidy loss stop on it, if it gets crazy and I catch it then I'll cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Gevo on the move again

Gevo on the move again

Aye its looking good, hopefully it's a nice long hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

circadian wrote: »
    Aye its looking good, hopefully it's a nice long hold.

Yeah after the success of Tuesday I was considering buying more. However the fall on wed made me think otherwise. After today I think I'm going to lump more in there and go long.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Yeah after the success of Tuesday I was considering buying more. However the fall on wed made me think otherwise. After today I think I'm going to lump more in there and go long.

I would like to get some more buy there is a speaking engagement on Monday so I’m not sure how to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Kilboor wrote: »
    That Gamestop company sure looks like a good buy...

Definitely not jealous of any hodlers left :o:o

Bought at 15...finally chickened out mid 40's today based off previous closing prices. Was not expecting such a spike...I presume somebody got squeezed pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Is there any platform that allows pre and post market trading? Degiro don't allow it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Pltr cciv and nio were rockets today, had my best day ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Pltr cciv and nio were rockets today, had my best day ever

What caused the Pltr rise?

I'm in the others myself. If CCIV get's announced that will be my best day ever, but today was my best day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Hi Mad maxx, Would you mind letting me know which platform you are using to buy options. I am with Degiro but would like to buy options in US stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

cronos wrote: »

I'm in the others myself. If CCIV get's announced that will be my best day ever, but today was my best day so far.

CCIV climbing well today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Fair play Atlas. I think you were the first to mention CCIV on this thread. It was about $12 at the time, it's now trading at $22.35. There's still no confirmation of a Merger target, but if you read the more bullish analysts, they are expecting it to hit $30 if Lucid motors is confirmed as the Merger target....and maybe into the, $100's eventually.

Obviously if it isn't Lucid, things might be a whole lot less exciting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

JDWW wrote: »
    Bought at 15...finally chickened out mid 40's today based off previous closing prices. Was not expecting such a spike...I presume somebody got squeezed pretty good.

The folks on r/wallstreetbets decided that Citron announcing that they were going to short GME was unfair and the rest is history, very amusing to watch if even just for the memes on there :) They fondly refer to each other as autist and retard, one guy even claimed to have tattooed GME with a rocket picture on his thigh only to be shredded that it looked like a penis, another posted a video of himself singing a song about how Citron was going to ..well have bad things happen to them.. seriously insane stuff. Would not be holding that over the weekend for sure!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AOH77A wrote: »
    Hi Mad maxx, Would you mind letting me know which platform you are using to buy options. I am with Degiro but would like to buy options in US stocks.

I use Interactive Brokers for Options

AOH77A wrote: »

saxo uk

i had been on a duff run with options for about three weeks , everyone of them lost money though the combined amount was circa $500 as i closed prior to expiry so avoided a zero value

i lost $ 1100 on an Apple put last april , funny thing was i bought it before the February crash ( december 2020 expiry ) and it went up six fold in the space of about three weeks , regrettably i didnt close and the bounce back for April was quite swift

that was a far out expiry so i didnt even really buy it as a punt , more as a hedge at the start of last year

im cutting down on options trading , its pure gambling so take your occasional big scores , buying a call option in Gamestop would have been amusing though , just seeing it up thousands of percent , i took a quick scalp on Gamestop over the course of a week , made a few hundred from $35 to $ 41 , i was never in the story so not in the least bit disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

cronos wrote: »

They are having a demo day on the 26th https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/01/22/why-palantir-stock-just-popped-16/

Advertisement