Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I like this author on seekingalpha, have found him to be more often right than wrong, going to take a position on PERI on Monday - https://seekingalpha.com/article/4399872-perion-network-raises-h2-2020-expectations-again-and-announces-50-million-follow-on-offering

Stock has a nice continuation triangle (pennant) too looking at it from a TA perspective.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Do you suscribe to motely fool Atlas ?how do you find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

richie123 wrote: »
    Do you suscribe to motely fool Atlas ?how do you find it

If you’re considering Motley Fool have a look at 7 Investing. You can get a good feel for them from their YouTube channel.

I used MF for a while and found they recommended a lot of UK companies which I wasn’t interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Have been following GME and the wallstreetbets subreddit, I’m fascinated by how they operate and how many hits they have had.

They are pumping BB pretty heavy, so I threw a pile of money at it out of sheer FOMO, kinda goes against my investing philosophy of buy and hold. But thought fck it, and gambled on BB.

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Have been following GME and the wallstreetbets subreddit, I’m fascinated by how they operate and how many hits they have had.

They are pumping BB pretty heavy, so I threw a pile of money at it out of sheer FOMO, kinda goes against my investing philosophy of buy and hold. But thought fck it, and gambled on BB.

I'm tempted to do the same looking at their success with GME, some folks on there have made life changing amounts of money on just that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Torn with Gevo atm, wondering is it really worth all the hype ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

The whole point of GME is to kill the big short sellers. Let's see what happens but so far they are causing a major headache for Citron.

The big short sellers are a cancer to investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Akesh wrote: »
    The whole point of GME is to kill the big short sellers. Let's see what happens but so far they are causing a major headache for Citron.

The big short sellers are a cancer to investing.

The short squeeze in GME hasn't really begun. The jump Friday was due to market makers issuing a rake of OTM calls. i.e. calls with strike prices well above the market price. They were all bought up and with short sellers covering positions the price shot up so the options were now ITM and call option holders could demand delivery of shares. There were hardly any to deliver to the options holders so this has put a major squeeze on and this is on top of short sellers looking to buy shares to cover themselves. The short interest is estimated to be 300%+ which is insane. Brokers will be automatically closing a lot of short positions as the money being lost here is outrageous if you're on the short side.

There could be a movie made about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

RedRochey wrote: »

wow thats some correlation, but it can't simple just be Robinhood users? there must be some big funds joining on this?

Its like they pick a meme stock and through sheer force of will force it to double in price..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

RedRochey wrote: »

Stock price goes up so people comment. Stock price goes down people also comment but only when it drops a lot.

Seems pretty obvious no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I think this sums it up fairly well. I'll happily follow the hype train/rollercoaster the whole way anyways ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Timmaay wrote: »
    I think this sums it up fairly well. I'll happily follow the hype train/rollercoaster the whole way anyways ha

Are you going in on Monday on GME? I'm considering it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Amc is another one...
    Might just go for 3 of them(amc,bb,gme) on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm in on GME for the ride more than anything. It could either bomb tomorrow or keep going since there's plenty of shorts to still cash in. Either way I'll make a small profit from my limit loss so I'll just let it roll to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Valhallapt wrote: »
    wow thats some correlation, but it can't simple just be Robinhood users? there must be some big funds joining on this?

Its like they pick a meme stock and through sheer force of will force it to double in price..

They might be robinhood users but they're still using 6 figure sums and when there's thousands of them they could have an impact, also many use options which has a greater effect

Just look at the scale of the left, that's comments per minute, at the top there was nearly 800 comments a minute for a good while

Now I know these comments mightn't mean much but just gives you an idea of the scale of this

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

GME is like Tesla on steroids. I might buy myself just for laughs. Shorts are getting creamed.

Pelezico wrote: »
    GME is like Tesla on steroids. I might buy myself just for laughs. Shorts are getting creamed.

What if they decided as a group to short?

What if they decided as a group to short?

They might do....but doubtful.

This is a magnificent case of the retail punter getting revenge on the professionals who make all the rules.

There is some dude on reddit....deepfu$kingvalue is his name who bought some long dated call options last year in GME for $50k. He is up $11m on his investment.

They might do....but doubtful.

If the company's fundamentals does not support the price the laws of gravity dictate the share price will fall eventually. Is it not reddit users buying off each other and shorts. Shorts will eventually run out of funds and exercise. Then it's only reddit users buying off each other.

When does the music stop and you find out who's left holding?

• Advertisement

If the company's fundamentals does not support the price the laws of gravity dictate the share price will fall eventually. Is it not reddit users buying off each other and shorts. Shorts will eventually run out of funds and exercise. Then it's only reddit users buying off each other.

When does the music stop and you find out who's left holding?

Well, I would not short GME. Its fundamentals are not important right now. By the way the shares are shorted 130%. So this is an extreme example if a savage short squeeze.

It may rocket on Monday as more retailers feed on the frenzy of burning shorts.

Tesla's fundamentals are poor too. That does not seem to bother anyone.

Tesla's fundamentals are poor too. That does not seem to bother anyone.

Tesla's at least is based on technology/Elon's vision. GME's is based on a ponzi scheme. It is inevitable that some retail investors (not just shorts) will get burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

thinking of opening a short position in Ryanair , a month ago would have been a better time but considering how bleak the picture has become in the last while , the stock is still quite expensive

Tesla's at least is based on technology/Elon's vision. GME's is based on a ponzi scheme. It is inevitable that some retail investors (not just shorts) will get burned.

What about bitcoin?, literally no real world value whatsoever, there are many other crypto coins that do everything BTC does and much better, talk about a total ponzi scheme yet its valued at insane levels.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    thinking of opening a short position in Ryanair , a month ago would have been a better time but considering how bleak the picture has become in the last while , the stock is still quite expensive

IAG might be a better option. It seems more open to the effects. Tomorrow could be a blood bath for airlines.

Edit: Ryanair might be a good bet for a further fall than IAG alright.

Supercell wrote: »
    What about bitcoin?, literally no real world value whatsoever, there are many other crypto coins that do everything BTC does and much better, talk about a total ponzi scheme yet its valued at insane levels.

Bitcoin and Ether are great trades. Open at weekend for anyone who likes to move his buy or sell finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Supercell wrote: »

Durability, portability, divisibility, scarcity, and acceptability.
    Bitcoin meets all the criteria to be considered a currency and in fact meets one more than USD or most currencies that are no longer backed by anything in that it is scarce. Need more USD, EUR etc print it which they are doing by the trillion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭crushproof

Was out of the loop in regards to GME, just been reading up on it now. Bloody heck it's incredible, tempted to get in tomorrow with a small amount and see what happens. People power!

crushproof wrote: »
    Was out of the loop in regards to GME, just been reading up on it now. Bloody heck it's incredible, tempted to get in tomorrow with a small amount and see what happens. People power!

Can work against highly shorted companies. Happy to see them punished. More please.

• Advertisement

Can work against highly shorted companies. Happy to see them punished. More please.

This could become a savage upwards spiral. I bet the shorts have not had much fun this weekend.

Advertisement