Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Too late now but this is gonna blow 200% tomorrow. Dual listed in Frankfurt today and smashed it. Great call Rigolo

Pity it looks like he's banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

cronos wrote: »

That's odd... Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

That’s a massive loss to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He sailed pretty close to the wind on other threads over the past few months, not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Green&Red wrote: »
    That’s a massive loss to this thread

Huge, any idea what other forms rigolo may have been posting on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Looks like he has been banned over some Dublin GAA discussion. Must say I've always found the true-blue Dubs hard to deal with myself, so some mod should show leniency and bring him back.

On topic, my strategy is 90% buy and hold. I bought some FuboTV on a dip yesterday and may dump if it comes good in the next few months. Happy to continue building a position in:
    -Alphabet - I don't think potential break-up is detrimental here - not to mention I have worked in antitrust/competition law previously and break-up is a last resort.
    -AT&T - The management is being eminently sensible by aiming to reduce debt. They're not necessarily making the sounds investors want to hear and I think that's keeping the share price down. Big dividend while you wait for people to realise this too.
    -Amazon - I wish I got in on this earlier but I really think this company has world domination in its sights. Once fulfilment is more automated, margins should shoot up. This is about the only company I will probably keep averaging into regardless of cost. I'm also in my mid-20s and it is so obvious that there is a permanent shift underway. It's so heavily online, and not just because of the pandemic.
    -Airbnb - will be looking for an entry here. Hoping for sub-100 when employees can sell the stock they've accumulated, but if not I may still pick up a few shares. Again, it is one of those things that anyone under 30 seems to take as the default accommodation option.
    -PSTH - Have been building a position gradually and may keep adding gradually. Will take a bigger slice if it goes sub-25. I just think the reward far outweighs the risk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

He's not a big fan of the Dubs, presumably the 'offending' post has been removed by the forum police.

Wonder who might have influenced his departure?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I see 4D had a good bump today. NASDAQ incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

Ah here, I didn't always agree with him but some of the tips and info he's provided have been absolutely fantastic. Madness to outright ban him

Just look at the most recent tip on this thread from him, ARB rocketing up! What a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Big falls today for QS and MP.

No particular news.....but they have been flying now for a few weeks ...soo profit taking presumably. Already hold MP will pick up more if it drifts towards $25. Looking to get into QS...at a sensible price. Somewhere around $50 ..maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Rigolo will be missed, got some fantastic tips from him..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

weemcd wrote: »
    I see 4D had a good bump today. NASDAQ incoming...

4D has been on a great run!

Unfortunately my Edesa/Fastly position has been doing the exact opposite in the last two days. I think I'm in for a bad January, it's already going to be dry..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

ASX.4DX
    ASX.FDV

Less conviction ASX.WZR

Hold all three, with a reasonable position in FDV (5%).

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Just one play from me which is only on Canadian/French exchanges at the moment, ReconAfrica (TSX:RECO)- an oil and gas exploration company who have secured exclusive rights to the Namibia/Botswana region, over 8.5mn acres. This has been flying under the radar for a while but if they strike gold this will explode, and if not the wave of anticipation will keep it going for a long while yet. Mostly institutional activity on TSX at the moment(RBC Capital Markets have been hoovering it up) and consultants got share options at around $1.20.

Do your research, it's a high risk oil play.

Namibia and Botswana are mined by DeBeers for diamonds and the amount of geologists they have working on that is ridiculous if there was oil to be had there I'm sure there would be a spin off company of DeBeers drilling for it, but I guess you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Thank this post to get Rigolo unbanned for this thread only :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ARK Investments were mentioned here recently, they keep increasing their holding in Regeneron, so am I, undervalued imo, big pipeline and not likely to evaporate like other hyped biotechs, they're a money making machine and anything in the pipeline could launch them skywards, they repurpose their existing drugs successfully aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Cloudflare ($NET) is my biggest position for 2021, followed by Docusign, Elastic, and Zendesk (simply as I used to work there, the product and management are great, and think it could easily attain Hubspot's market cap in under 5 years)

In general, I've been trying to closely mirror the portfolio of Software Stack Investing, who has published some really super analyses of developer focused companies. https://softwarestackinvesting.com/software-stock-recommendations/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Bought some thbr it's a spac.

$THBR + Indie Semiconductor

- Deals with 12 Tier 1 vendors, including Magna $MGA & Aptiv $APTV
    - $2B backlog / $2.5B pipeline
    - 85% CAGR seen thru 2025
    - 100M+ units shipped to date
    - Expected to 10x revenue from 2020-2023
    - Hot sector overlap: EVs, autonomy, & semiconductors

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is TSLA ever going to stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thargor wrote: »
    Is TSLA ever going to stop?

Seems vehicle deliveries for Q4 will beat estimates. Will be announced in Jan.

Also some measures to assist EV vehicle purchase in China.. has lifted all EV makers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Bought some thbr it's a spac.

$THBR + Indie Semiconductor

- Deals with 12 Tier 1 vendors, including Magna $MGA & Aptiv $APTV
    - $2B backlog / $2.5B pipeline
    - 85% CAGR seen thru 2025
    - 100M+ units shipped to date
    - Expected to 10x revenue from 2020-2023
    - Hot sector overlap: EVs, autonomy, & semiconductors

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2020-12-19/shareholder-alert-rigrodsky-long-p-a-announces-investigation-of-thunder-bridge-acquisition-ii-ltd-merger

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2020-12-17/shareholder-alert-weisslaw-llp-investigates-thunder-bridge-acquisition-ii-ltd

Wouldn't be influenced by these dubious legal investigations, they're commonplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

outonawing wrote: »
    Wouldn't be influenced by these dubious legal investigations, they're commonplace.

How long do these investigations take, and do they affect the timelines, for example the THBR/Indie tie up is due in Q1 (could be tomorrow) - is it likely to delay that

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    How long do these investigations take, and do they affect the timelines, for example the THBR/Indie tie up is due in Q1 (could be tomorrow) - is it likely to delay that

I think just about every SPAC becomes a target of questionable lawsuits prior to the merger. It seems to be the same couple of law firms involved. Haven't known any mergers to be affected by them.

Speaking of SPACS, GHIV will be merging with United Wholesale Mortgage soon. The vote takes place on January 20th. I'd expect a hike from the current $13.08 in the run up to the vote and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Speaking of SPACS, GHIV will be merging with United Wholesale Mortgage soon. The vote takes place on January 20th. I'd expect a hike from the current $13.08 in the run up to the vote and beyond.

pays a 0.40 cent per share dividend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Please Un-Ban Rigolo He was our unpaid Motley Fool subscription. His advise made me a few pound this year.

geordi wrote: »
    Cloudflare ($NET) is my biggest position for 2021, followed by Docusign, Elastic, and Zendesk (simply as I used to work there, the product and management are great, and think it could easily attain Hubspot's market cap in under 5 years)

In general, I've been trying to closely mirror the portfolio of Software Stack Investing, who has published some really super analyses of developer focused companies. https://softwarestackinvesting.com/software-stock-recommendations/

Certainly looks interesting.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/12/26/cloudflare-stock-surged-360-in-2020-is-it-a-buy-fo/

Please Un-Ban Rigolo He was our unpaid Motley Fool subscription. His advise made me a few pound this year.

Only a few, you weren't paying attention :-)

• Advertisement

Only a few, you weren't paying attention :-)

true. But he seemed to back up his predictions with alot of valuable insight. Instead of just a mention of stock .

The guns trade in America made me enough to take my wife out for a slap up dinner.

Advertisement