Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Fubo TV has fallen a lot since last week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

Dumped out of GEVO at $11 after buying up just shy of $9 this morning, starting to drop as the shorts are finishing up. Be interesting to see how it runs now as things settle a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

circadian wrote: »
    Dumped out of GEVO at $11 after buying up just shy of $9 this morning, starting to drop as the shorts are finishing up. Be interesting to see how it runs now as things settle a little.

Seemed to recover at $10, interesting to see what happens in the next short while, will $10 be the lower resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

PLTR with a nice rise today as well +5.4%

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Tellurian Inc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Bought Fubo at 23 and sold at 30.54. will buy again once it's close to 15 dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

DutchYurt wrote: »
    UMC up 16% still think it has lots to go!

Sold 1/4 my umc shares at 10.10, and another sell order for another 1/3 at 10.20, all I'm doing is aiming to take some profits while extended and buy back when back towards the 20day moving average. NIU, MGNI, BABA, BNGO, Xpeng all 10%+ today for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

APPN flying, love to see it. Can see it being a bumpy ride in the short to medium term though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

cronos wrote: »
    Gevo is up a lot already? What are your price targets for it?

I take that back. I always wonder how companies can swing so much. Must have been one hell of a day at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭riddles

cronos wrote: »
    I take that back. I always wonder how companies can swing so much. Must have been one hell of a day at the office.

This swing is not even related to the anticipated news of the financing deal. So there is potentially another bounce to 20-25$ before it settles back to 15$.

• Advertisement

CIDM on a nice run I was in the red here and considering off loading last week.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3652317-cinedigm-acquires-fandor-with-plans-to-relaunch-indie-film-service

DOCRF can double post earnings report in March

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

riddles wrote: »
    This swing is not even related to the anticipated news of the financing deal. So there is potentially another bounce to 20-25$ before it settles back to 15$.
    If it goes to $25 I can't see it going back to $15 for long or at all. There will be more contracts signed and any news seems to rise this beauty up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tommy35

In Ireland, Is it possible to buy and sell shares in after hours trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

tommy35 wrote: »
    In Ireland, Is it possible to buy and sell shares in after hours trading?

I think Trading212 allows it for certain stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Jack Ma is back! Which means I'll be doubling my position in Baozun today especially if we open red

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭roosterman71

$GEVO on a downward spiral pre market

Yep the asking has dropped significantly, might be worth a punt for an early bounce. Hard to say though.

I see the GME trolls have their opening asks at $100 at the minute, well, last time I looked that's what it's at. Although I'd be curious beyond the short squeeze since they're pivoting from brick&mortar to e-commerce and up 300% online last year. Also in talks with Microsoft and Sony for deals, whatever the business plan is going forward.

EDIT: GME asking is down to $37 which looks much more reasonable.

I know there's a lot of hype, memes and trolling around GME but looking beyond that, if the company can make the transition or even better, have a major impact in the gaming market then this could actually be a decent long term investment. It really does depend on them pulling it off, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

They are diluting the stock. Essentially raised revenue through stock offering. Selling at $8, hoping to raise $350 million. So there are 43 million new shares on offer now.

ddarcy wrote: »
    They are diluting the stock. Essentially raised revenue through stock offering. Selling at $8, hoping to raise $350 million. So there are 43 million new shares on offer now.

Another dilution is bad, they've done this several times the last year.

• Advertisement

Another dilution is bad, they've done this several times the last year.
    If it's to fund a new plant instead of borrowing it will be absorbed pretty quickly FCEL did it early December and went up plus 50% in the offer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone have podcasts/YouTube recommendations they mind sharing ?
    Doesn’t have to be about stocks. Could about life in general, money, decision making, news, economy, etc.

I finished listening to ‘The Psychology of Money’’ by Morgan Hounsel, would highly recommend. I also listen to the weekly MyWallSt podcast, alongside Motely Fool Money Podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Doesn’t have to be about stocks. Could about life in general, money, decision making, news, economy, etc.

I finished listening to ‘The Psychology of Money’’ by Morgan Hounsel, would highly recommend. I also listen to the weekly MyWallSt podcast, alongside Motely Fool Money Podcast.

David McWilliams podcast is good for current events through the lens of economics. Gets good guests on too. Not really related to stocks but good to get some perspective on current events.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I like this fella's stuff, some of it is explained quite well imo
    https://www.youtube.com/c/BenFelixCSI/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Took a small position in $AMC last week at $2.23 and now up to $3.50 premarket today. I suppose it’s fair to say it’s a very risky stock and are fighting bankruptcy due to covid pandemic. However Biden’s inauguration today could add fresh stimulus to a struggling sector. Here’s hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Bought some more SPACS yesterday:

FAII $11.30
    FTOC $10.60
    BTAQ $11.00
    PDAC $11.63
    THCB $15.20
    ZNTE $11.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Took a small position in $AMC last week at $2.23 and now up to $3.50 premarket today. I suppose it’s fair to say it’s a very risky stock and are fighting bankruptcy due to covid pandemic. However Biden’s inauguration today could add fresh stimulus to a struggling sector. Here’s hoping.

This is getting pushed by a short squeeze like gamestop
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%24amc&src=typed_query

Blackberry and Palantir are also on short squeezes at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'll second The David McWilliams podcast, very conversational, discussing any current events, good chemistry between David and John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yep the asking has dropped significantly, might be worth a punt for an early bounce. Hard to say though.

I see the GME trolls have their opening asks at $100 at the minute, well, last time I looked that's what it's at. Although I'd be curious beyond the short squeeze since they're pivoting from brick&mortar to e-commerce and up 300% online last year. Also in talks with Microsoft and Sony for deals, whatever the business plan is going forward.

EDIT: GME asking is down to $37 which looks much more reasonable.

I know there's a lot of hype, memes and trolling around GME but looking beyond that, if the company can make the transition or even better, have a major impact in the gaming market then this could actually be a decent long term investment. It really does depend on them pulling it off, however.
    Lads, GME and AMC are both being pushed heavily by threads like this on other forums, and are probably experiencing a short squeeze at the moment. It'll collapse eventually, ye should probably think about what point you want to get out. Last one out will be in the red.

As for long term investments, GME has been on a downward spiral for a long time, if you're thinking of going long, wait till the short squeeze is over and buy lots more shares at $5

Advertisement