Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I have to say, you area really reaching with these criticisms.

Jericho has been used perfectly. His last appearance in WWE was playing a guitar for Elias. Doesn't feel like they got everything they could out of him the last decade. I suppose he did elevate Fandango to main event level that one Wrestlemania though, right?

They had Allin go to a time limit draw with their biggest star on their second or third show. He also worked with and was not beaten by the world champion. The idea that lucky played a part is nonsense. They identified he had star potential and presented him as important from the get go.

MJF was never a babyface. He would flip the crowd or DDP off when he was with Cody. He would work against babyfaces, like Page. The whole gimmick was that he was a heel but Cody was the only one who saw redeeming qualities in him.

Ambrose is not a second rate Steve Austin. That's a second rate comparison though. :) Characters have some similar traits but he's just being the same Mox he was on the indies a decade ago. Last I checked he doesn't flip people off, stomp mudholes, drink beer, etc etc. Every badass character isn't Stone Cold. And I say this as someone who doesn't love Mox. It's not my cup of tea, but it's authentic as hell and the people love it.

And yeah, Matt Hardy is still selling that schtick. I ain't buying either.

I'm all for constructive criticism but I get the sense you just wanted to put a negative spin on AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I have to admit, i dont watch AEW or much wrestling lately, just read about whats happening, but as a huge fan of Jake Roberts growing up, i watched his promo the other night and i'll definitely be checking out more AEW from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Dynamite was a decent show after a very good PPV.

Moxley and Jerichos interaction was decent Jericho may be a shadow of his former self in the ring, which is fair considering his age but he is still excellent on the stick. Mox is so genuine and its hard not to appreciate him.

SCU vs Dark Order was fine though, Dark Order are totally jobbers. The exalted one has a massive task ahead who ever is in that role.

Big Swole continues to impress me.

While Im a fan of Pac and the Lucha Bros and Im sure they will be grand together, I dont think AEW needs another faction or group. Id prefer both Fenix and Pentagon to be singles stars, I believe they offer more as a face and heel respectively.

Page and Matt Jackson story continues and its very enjoyable. Page is a really showing what he can do both inside and out of rhe ring. Delighted for him.

Jericho winning and standing tall was a nice surprise as I assumed hed be written off. Damn you Jericho.

MJF continues his good character work, pity about his in ring skills.

Cody and Jake was enjoyable. Jake is so damn good, but I do wonder where this will lead. Some suggesting Matt Hardy or Luke Harper, neither feud fills me with too much excitement yet. But AEW do have a great knack of making me care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Homestly I like the idea of the roster splitting off into factions NJPW style. It can help make booking more coherent, establishes a natural pecking order within each faction, ready made feuds and matches and then when you do have a guy outside of the factions going it solo it feels a bit more unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Inner Circle vs The Elite for Blood and Guts, 5 on 5, interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

Monokne wrote: »
    I have to say, you area really reaching with these criticisms.

I'm all for constructive criticism but I get the sense you just wanted to put a negative spin on AEW.

I don't think I was being overly negative at all. I think AEW were lucky with Allin (and you haven't convinced me otherwise), I think that the MJF/Cody feud was poorly handled and rushed at the start (whether MJF was a face or a heel). I don't think that Jericho was all that badly used in WWE.

I watch AEW, and haven't watched a lot of WWE apart from the PPVs recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dynamite was a decent show after a very good PPV.

Moxley and Jerichos interaction was decent Jericho may be a shadow of his former self in the ring, which is fair considering his age but he is still excellent on the stick. Mox is so genuine and its hard not to appreciate him.

SCU vs Dark Order was fine though, Dark Order are totally jobbers. The exalted one has a massive task ahead who ever is in that role.

Big Swole continues to impress me.

While Im a fan of Pac and the Lucha Bros and Im sure they will be grand together, I dont think AEW needs another faction or group. Id prefer both Fenix and Pentagon to be singles stars, I believe they offer more as a face and heel respectively.

Page and Matt Jackson story continues and its very enjoyable. Page is a really showing what he can do both inside and out of rhe ring. Delighted for him.

Jericho winning and standing tall was a nice surprise as I assumed hed be written off. Damn you Jericho.

MJF continues his good character work, pity about his in ring skills.

Cody and Jake was enjoyable. Jake is so damn good, but I do wonder where this will lead. Some suggesting Matt Hardy or Luke Harper, neither feud fills me with too much excitement yet. But AEW do have a great knack of making me care.

I think its going to be Lancer Archer from NJPW most recently

I feel like Brodie Lee would be a better fit with Jake.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was there a Dynamite episode on last night?

Was there a Dynamite episode on last night?

yeah,

-Hangman Page and a mystery partner vs. Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara.

-Cody vs. Ortiz.

-MJF, The Butcher, and The Blade vs. Jurassic Express.

-“Death Triangle” Pac, Pentagon, and Fenix vs. Joey Janela and “Private Party” Marq Quen and Isiah Kassidy.

-The announcement of the rules for the Blood & Guts match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    yeah,

-Hangman Page and a mystery partner vs. Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara.

-Cody vs. Ortiz.

-MJF, The Butcher, and The Blade vs. Jurassic Express.

-“Death Triangle” Pac, Pentagon, and Fenix vs. Joey Janela and “Private Party” Marq Quen and Isiah Kassidy.

-The announcement of the rules for the Blood & Guts match.

Ah thanks, cant seem to find it on the usual site if watch it on.

Ah thanks, cant seem to find it on the usual site if watch it on.

just noticed its gone off the one i use too... which is odd as i watched the first hour live last night on that site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

AEW needs to alert views more about who's who, Jake strolled out with some lad and they say his name and that it... am I supposed to know him from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,364 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Britt Barker is awesome BayBay.

AEW storytelling and the amount of story lines they are laying is great that they can go so many different ways depending on how the stories are being received.

Another really good and enjoyable episode of pro wrestling.

Looks like next weeks Dynamite has been postponed. People with tickets for the live show have been notified it has been rescheduled for the 8th July and their tickets will be valid then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Blood and Guts is Wargames WCW style? I haven't seen WCW's version but just since they have a roof and NXT doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Bit of a middle of the road episode this week.

Cody vs Ortiz was passable. Lance Archer as Jakes client is fine by me, early days to be fair.

The Hangmans mystery partner was a let down. I give Dustin credit, hes working hard for his age and working a lot better here than he was in WWE, but I didnt care for him as the partner. After all the hype and speculation it felt like a let down.

I did like the Matt Jackson Hangman story progression and I already cant wait to see where it leads. I was hoping hed be the partner here to further progress the story and I see no reason he couldnt have been.

Death Triangle are great. While I did have my reservations about another group being formed, and while I think each man here is capable of being higher on the card, I shall enjoy this group for now.

MJF , B and B vs JE was fine. Nothing spectacular but passable.

The womens match was also fine but we beed more character development for each lady.

Baker and Big Swoles interaction was short but enjoyable. Bakers lines are killer but her delivery needs work.

I enjoyed Daniels video and I am interested in seeing who the Dark Order leader is despite the ****balls the stable is

Overall nothing too spectacular, some small high points but mostly passable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am assuming tonight's edition is behind closed doors like all of WWE's programming has been recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I am assuming tonight's edition is behind closed doors like all of WWE's programming has been recently

It is and I'm very intrigued with how they go about it. They could do with a more story/vignette heavy episode to get more people over. The Librarian vids on the latest road to episodes have been great!

Much as I don't think you should do war games without blood, I pray to god in this environment their 'blood and guts' match is anything but.

It's also interesting to note that this match in and of itself violates the CDC order to have maximum ten people at once place at one time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not sure if Blood and Guts is going ahead is it?
    I do believe we're getting the reveal of the Exalted One tonight. That could offer plenty of opportunities for vignettes and off site promos which would be perfect for the current dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cody said it’s going ahead I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looks so more energized and engaging than the recent WWE shows. Good call with the hard cam facing the entrance. Love that perspective. Reminds me of the WWF Attitude game

Keep Brandi on announcing too so much better than Justin Roberts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »
    Keep Brandi on announcing too so much better than Justin Roberts

Only realised I’ve TNT on my tv in the bedroom. Have only seen AEW on YouTube previously so going to watch a bit of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 60,364 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When did AEW hire Eden Stiles ;)

What’s actually good for aew is they’ve seen some of the issues wwe we’re having last 2 shows and can tweak and improve which wwe didn’t from smacdown to raw

Is that the old TNA set AEW are using with the 2 tunnels?

Having people watching on shouting during the match helps imo so far as opposed how the WWE have been doing things

• Advertisement

Luke Harper/Brodie Lee is the leader off the Dark Order not Matt Hardy. Wonder that means for Hardy now

Advertisement