Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone feel that they will eventually show it was Hangman that took out Nick Jackson? I know the Inner Circle are saying it was them but could be a good swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Anyone feel that they will eventually show it was Hangman that took out Nick Jackson? I know the Inner Circle are saying it was them but could be a good swerve

i would assume so really hope hes on his own not in a faction when the turn eventually happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭NITRO95

sky88 wrote: »
    i would assume so really hope hes on his own not in a faction when the turn eventually happens

Hangman being the guy to bring in The Revival to take out TYB seems a logical move. Every singles star is affiliated with a tag team and it makes perfect sense as they can build multiman matches organically for Dynamite.

PAC has Lucha Bros
    Cody has The Bucks and Dustin + QT
    Kenny has The Bucks
    MJF has Butcher and The Blade
    Jericho has The Inner Circle
    Brodie Lee has Dark Order

Hangman with Revival would leave Mox as the only singles guy without an alliance of sorts and that's the way it should be. He should feel different to everyone else

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Hangman being the guy to bring in The Revival to take out TYB seems a logical move. Every singles star is affiliated with a tag team and it makes perfect sense as they can build multiman matches organically for Dynamite.

PAC has Lucha Bros
    Cody has The Bucks and Dustin + QT
    Kenny has The Bucks
    MJF has Butcher and The Blade
    Jericho has The Inner Circle
    Brodie Lee has Dark Order

Hangman with Revival would leave Mox as the only singles guy without an alliance of sorts and that's the way it should be. He should feel different to everyone else

ive changed my mind do that

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mox and Darby walk their own paths and then come together depending on whose paths they both cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The showed IC taking out Jackson though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

sky88 wrote: »

They've got a star on their hands and they're handling the build very well. Defo a Lone Wolf / makes his own rules kind of character (but not in a Moxley unhinged kind of way) is the way he seems headed.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The showed IC taking out Jackson though.

True, but did they not just show them surrounding him?

Id love to see something play out like this (based on Hangman taking out Nick)
    Page/Omega are in a match for the titles, during the match it shows Nick arriving to the arena(maybe still not 100%) where he is greeted by Matt/Cody where he is pissed off and looking for revenge and says it was Page who took him out etc. In the ring Page is on the apron and setting up the opponent for the double team with Omega but gets distracted with the tron, then turns around in confusion as Page just hits the Buckshot on Omega. The rest of the elite run to the ring and chases off Page, as the opponents cover Omega to be win the Tag Titles. Too unrealistic ha:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

True, but did they not just show them surrounding him?

Id love to see something play out like this (based on Hangman taking out Nick)
    Page/Omega are in a match for the titles, during the match it shows Nick arriving to the arena(maybe still not 100%) where he is greeted by Matt/Cody where he is pissed off and looking for revenge and says it was Page who took him out etc. In the ring Page is on the apron and setting up the opponent for the double team with Omega but gets distracted with the tron, then turns around in confusion as Page just hits the Buckshot on Omega. The rest of the elite run to the ring and chases off Page, as the opponents cover Omega to be win the Tag Titles. Too unrealistic ha:pac:

I like that idea tbf

And they have teased Page turning on Omega when standing on the apron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm not sure they can turn him at this point. Something like he took out Nick cos he pissed him off in the PPV match but he doesn't give a sh1t what they think anyway.

He's gonna get cheered either way which might hurt the rest a bit if they do fully turn him

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'm not sure they can turn him at this point. Something like he took out Nick cos he pissed him off in the PPV match but he doesn't give a sh1t what they think anyway.

He's gonna get cheered either way which might hurt the rest a bit if they do fully turn him

I think the only way to get him over as a heel would be to turn on Omega

Id rather see Omega turn on Hangman. Turning Page heel would probably hurt him and hed be cheered anyway.

Decent Dynamite, very enteratining and well produced considering the circumstances. They got a lot of little things right production wise which WWE didnt. The repositioning of the hard camera, the wrestlers at ringside, etc.

I do agree that Harper and Hardys debuts would have been served better with a large audience.

Harper's reveal was a let down. He would have beem better suited to being paired with Jake, hed be a much more natural fit. The Dark Order is a pisspoor stable at the moment and the reveal was very hokey. That said Harper's a good talent with a point to prove. He can work as well as Taker in his prime and if he gets over he can be a hige asset.

Hardys a great creative mind, and hes in great shape for his age. If used correctly, which I believe he will, he can be a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think the only way to get him over as a heel would be to turn on Omega

He will get a babyface reaction if he turns on Kenny.

Monokne wrote: »
    He will get a babyface reaction if he turns on Kenny.

Id be cheering that. Hes too over to be heel currently and why try ruin a good thing. Hes getting great reactions, he's breaking out ss their top face.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,123 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭ThePott

That seems pretty dumb and probably illegal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ThePott wrote: »
    That seems pretty dumb and probably illegal :pac:

Idiotic! Electricity can arc to person. He must be lacking a few brain cells!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shane-O Mac would still jump off it. :D

Blood and Guts postponed to a later date Dynamite will continue next week with Jericho confronting Matt Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Matt Hardys first couple of matches should be from the Hardy compound- shows off his creativity and doesn't need a crowd - perfect timing and sure to create buzz!

• Advertisement

Matt Hardys first couple of matches should be from the Hardy compound- shows off his creativity and doesn't need a crowd - perfect timing and sure to create buzz!

Hardys a decent wrestler, plus a fine creative mind and I do believe he has plenty to offer AEW. However I dont yern for too much of the House Hardy buisness. It was fun and fresh in TNA and I feel the well had ran dry by the time it made it to WWE.

Maybe WWE didnt get the best out of the gimmick, but i believe the battles in the compound segments jumped the shark by the time he feuded with Bray Wyatt as well.

I dont mind the character of Broken Matt Hardy and he can be an asset to AEW, but I dont wanna see any segments filmed at Matts house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hardys a decent wrestler, plus a fine creative mind and I do believe he has plenty to offer AEW. However I dont yern for too much of the House Hardy buisness. It was fun and fresh in TNA and I feel the well had ran dry by the time it made it to WWE.

Maybe WWE didnt get the best out of the gimmick, but i believe the battles in the compound segments jumped the shark by the time he feuded with Bray Wyatt as well.

I dont mind the character of Broken Matt Hardy and he can be an asset to AEW, but I dont wanna see any segments filmed at Matts house

This character almost exclusively works at the Hardy compound. He said himself in the Jericho interview on Friday that the problem in WWE was they just had him in the arena. I don't think there's huge mileage left in it, but whatever it is, it's at house Hardy.

Without Vanguard One, Senor Bejamin, Reby, King Maxel, the lake of reincarnation, etc, what is it? Matt Hardy in his mid 40's doing low impact matches and shouting delete? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Quite enjoyed Cody on commentary there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Urmmm.... OK.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jericho doing a promo with a drone is a classic moment

The matt teleporting was super goofy, loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

AEW are dealing with the virus lockdown a lot better than WWE. Just by having a few people in the locker room reacting to what's happening in the ring adds a lot of atmosphere (or so I thought).

The match between Kenny and Sammy was very good. It was just a shame the ending was so bad.

I can only assume that of the buzz around Broken Matt Hardy is ironic. Thought the drone business was bad enough, but the transporting around the arena was pure, unfiltered, wrestlecrap. Jericho's head jerking all over the place.

I don't mind this kind of stuff generally, Boogeyman eating worms, or Hornswoggle living under the ring. But for the most part it's mid card filler, a bit of something to have a laught at and move on. It's not usually one of the main storylines!

I liked it the drone and Jericho but with was just meh and the character just doesn’t work for me anymore

Looks like they may have taped some stuff by Cody’s tweet saying last 2 days

https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/status/1243006320044920832?s=21

I think what is helping the AEW shows at the moment with no crowds is that most of the talent are well used to wrestling in front of very small crowds even handfuls of people and put on solid matches from the indy scene.

AEW 819K

NXT 669K

• Advertisement

Seen to get close to the million viewers then drop the next week

Advertisement