Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think what is helping the AEW shows at the moment with no crowds is that most of the talent are well used to wrestling in front of very small crowds even handfuls of people and put on solid matches from the indy scene.

I'm not sure where you'd get that idea to be honest.

There was only one match on last nights show that didn't feature someone who's performed in front of 50,000 plus at Wrestlemania or in the Tokyo Dome.

Also anyone who's worked in NXT has done the Coconut Creek loop through Florida on a regular basis. That is most of the WWE roster. Those shows average about 250-300 people. Plus the rest are probably from the FCW days (Rollins, Reigns etc) who performed in front of a hundred or so people.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ShaneU wrote: »
    Jericho doing a promo with a drone is a classic moment

The matt teleporting was super goofy, loved it

Trust the internet to step up :pac:

EUAhAC4U4AYaa9X?format=png&name=900x900

The Hardy-Jericho segment was awful.

The Hardy character doesn't work for me when he's outside the compound. It's like he's this kitsch ironic comedy character, almost parodying wrestling. Putting him in there with the just dethroned champion...yeah, no, just doesn't work for me. Honestly, his stuff with Orton a month ago was vastly superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All the digs at Vince are from the stories Brother Love told on his podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they've recorded the next episodes, they need to check the audio in advance. Matt was talking through the drone and could barely hear him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Jericho has been the best thing on TV (forget wrestling) over the last year or so, and damn he undoes so so much good in a single segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AEW was fine without having a crowd.

Watching the actual wrestling, no matter whos in the ring, sucks without a crowd.

Jakes promo was cool.

Cody on commentary wasnt my cup of tea. Hes trying to be too smart when I think less would be more.

Brodie Lee is not working for me. Hes a good talent but what was with the dinner table skit? Was it a dig at Vince? It did nothing to get his gimmick over and seemed dumb. Cody tryinh to put him over by repeatedly saying 'Daddy eats first' was just overkill. The sister abigail pose was stupid too. He should just focus on being himself rather than come across bitter at WWE.

Jericho talking to the drone was funny and pure Jericho. The Matt Hardy schtick though isnt working for me. Jericho telling jim that despite all the attire, entrance and look that hes still the dame old Matt Hardy couldnt be more true.

Hardy and Jericho should be used to get the younger talent over rather than feud with each other. Have Jericho feud with Darby Allin and put him over.

Jericho takes on his Roomba.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-NNd6gDw7l/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jericho could get literally anything over.

I genuinely think he is in contention to be best of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    AEW was fine without having a crowd.

Watching the actual wrestling, no matter whos in the ring, sucks without a crowd.

Jakes promo was cool.

Cody on commentary wasnt my cup of tea. Hes trying to be too smart when I think less would be more.

Brodie Lee is not working for me. Hes a good talent but what was with the dinner table skit? Was it a dig at Vince? It did nothing to get his gimmick over and seemed dumb. Cody tryinh to put him over by repeatedly saying 'Daddy eats first' was just overkill. The sister abigail pose was stupid too. He should just focus on being himself rather than come across bitter at WWE.

Jericho talking to the drone was funny and pure Jericho. The Matt Hardy schtick though isnt working for me. Jericho telling jim that despite all the attire, entrance and look that hes still the dame old Matt Hardy couldnt be more true.

Hardy and Jericho should be used to get the younger talent over rather than feud with each other. Have Jericho feud with Darby Allin and put him over.

Finally got a chance to watch this morning thought it stank of TNA let s**t on vince even if its justified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

I like the Broken character and there is a place for it in AEW, No issue with Brodie Lee doing a Vince character either its all entertainment.

There are many words I would use to describe the experience of watching the Jericho-Hardy segment. Embarrassing, cringeworthy, appalled. Entertained? Not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I like the Broken character and there is a place for it in AEW, No issue with Brodie Lee doing a Vince character either its all entertainment.

Ah I get that Vince is a ****, but the sneezing **** is just not entertaining. Its low rent stuff and very self indulgent.

Brodie Lee is capable of better. Granted its early days, but the exalted one isnt proving Vince wrong with skits like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm a huge AEW fan, and I laughed my ass off at Hardy's entrance but really felt the rest of the segment was poor. I don't know if it'll work as well this time around for Matt, was hoping for more differentiation in the character and for it to be more serious. Will be interesting to see how it is next week and if they took the feedback from this week to alter it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Enjoyed AEW again this week but not as good as last week by a good bit. The novelty of the empty arena I think is now firmly gone.
    The Jericho/Matt segment was goofy but enjoyable. Not having microphones was quite strange but a good thing to try in the circumstances.

Also I thought Cody was really bad on commentary. Keep him away from that. Kenny Omega was quite good though. I'd like to have him on more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Enjoyed the last 2 episodes having only watched the ppvs. Was gonna go back and watch all the dynamites up until now but seems to be a nightmare to find online if anyone has any help.

Think Spanish God Guverra or however you spell it is going to be a star. If he is already I apologise but he is brilliant on the mic and in ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

New “TNT CHAMPIONSHIP” to be introduced!

Eight-man tournament which kicks off on Wednesday,April 8, on the weekly AEW DYNAMITE show on TNT.

Has to be 'Hangman' Adam Page,MJF,Sammy Guevara and Darby Allin in the final 4 for me without seeing the 8 names in it yet.

Can see Darby winning it but hoping Sammy wins it personally!

Will be great having another title on the show even though I'm not in love with the name of it!

I think it’s needed but yea tnt is a terrible name

I’ll guess sammy vs darby final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

shouldve just called it a television championship tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    I think it’s needed but yea tnt is a terrible name

TNT is the network it's on over there. TNT is also another name for Dynamite.

Omackeral wrote: »
    TNT is the network it's on over there. TNT is also another name for Dynamite.

i know why they named it just think its bad name for a title

but like the universal ill get used to it

Can't wait till they leave TNT when their next TV deal is up and they have to dodge the name ala 1993 WCW.

"Darby Allin, defending the big gold belt tonight"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Monokne wrote: »
    Can't wait till they leave TNT when their next TV deal is up and they have to dodge the name ala 1993 WCW.

"Darby Allin, defending the big gold belt tonight"

As above if they don’t mention it’s named after the network and play off TNT = Dynamite then they’ll be ok

Still filming I guess no wrestling company ever wants to stop there tv show

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-aew-dynamite-filming-undisclosed-location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-aew-dynamite-filming-undisclosed-location

It’s like a game of chicken at the moment between them & WWE. No one wants too blink first

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It’s like a game of chicken at the moment between them & WWE. No one wants too blink first

Has there been any talk of WWE taping content for after Wrestlemania, I know they've done the Raw after Mania but the big advantage for them is they could probably down tools after that Raw and rely on their extensive back catalogue if Fox and USA were to air classic footage to fill the slots.

Film at the Hardy compound or the Jaguars training complex.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s funny when Vince pushes on with tapings the general consensus online is he’s a soulless machine churning out product.

When AEW do it it’s progressive and cool.

• Advertisement

No-one is saying that? Like what are you basing that on?

All the coverage I have read or listened to has been critical of AEW for continuing just as it has WWE.

Advertisement