Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice..Cope vs. Black in a barded wire steel cage match at Double or Nothing.

I wonder will Cope actually play out here what he originally wanted to do with Judgement Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Luckily Edge found that barbed wire steel chain link fence to suggest the match behind.

Idiot ran in after Garcia's match (Just posting the link as not sure what the rules are here about swearing in embedded tweets)

https://twitter.com/karlolovenia/status/1789460306785341899

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm not entirely sure what Edge's plan was for Judgement Day, outside of him saying that Balor was going to turn much later than he did. Tbh Judgement Day wasn't working until he was kicked out and Dom joined.

I don't know if I'm a fan of spooky Edge in general but intrigued to see where it goes all the same.

Watched NJPW Resurgence (A great show) and The Elite turned up and took out Eddie Kingston.

Eddie looked like he might have been legit injured at the end of his match with Kidd his legs took a serious bump off the guard rail and it looked like he got back in the ring to help sell the angle with the Bucks and Perry.

The first time in 5 years since the Bucks have been in a NJPW ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Tommy Billington is the spit of his uncle.

Regards,

P.

• Advertisement

All charges against Cash Wheeler have been dropped and the prosecution have opted to abandon the case and it is officially now closed. No further legal issues will come from the matter.

In other news on the AEW front. The rumours are that TNT have lose the rights to the NBA coverage. As for what that could mean for AEW, it's unclear. Few potential talking points I've seen.

• While it does free up some cash, WBD are very much in cost-cutting mode. The NBA were asking for serious money (some suggestions it was double the previous deal) and excluded more major games than the previous deal. David Zazlav is still cutting as much as he can to try get WBD out of debt. If WBD amd AEW come to terms, there's no guarantee it's a significant increase or an increase at all over the original deal.
    • On the other hand, live TV is a valuable commodity. AEW offers that which is valuable for advertisers. If WBD want to keep TNT as a 'sport' channel. NBA was the biggest cornerstone of that but they still have lots of major sports coverage on the network. It could help having AEW in that regard as a 'sports alternative' or something that fits in somewhat under that umbrella.
    • It could however have the opposite effect. Them losing their biggest draw could worry them about losing cable subscribers and therefore they may spend less on renewing AEW's deal due to an assumed loss of subscribers who were subscribed for the NBA.
    • Or they could need AEW more than ever for those reasons but the question of whether they will be willing to splash out for it is uncertain.
    • PWInsider reporting that there is no new deal between AEW and WBD ahead of the upfronts tomorrow.

So a lot of armchair analysis, most of this is people's speculation online so grain of salt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surprised Darby is back so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes wasn't he hit by a bus, damn a quick healer and immortal 😁

Apparently it was mostly his face that got the worst of it which explains some, expecting some big spot with him during the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Petermc83

And didnt he break an ankle in his last match??

Would love to be his insurance company!!

AEW signed a deal with Arlington Texas to do a residency there.

Regards,

P

Was just looking up her age and I did not realise Willow was 30, just 2 years younger than Sasha. Her birthday is even just the day before Sasha (and same day as me, though 13 years later). I assumed she was younger just from her character and her association with the younger talent like Skye. Anyway, I've said before but I really hope she beats Sasha.

Surprised at the Darby return as well. Was Eddie genuinely injured or were they just looking for a way to bring Darby back?

Reports today that Eddie broke his leg after that spot.

It looked brutal so not surprised his leg broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭rodders999

He’s too large to be wearing a floral pattern.

That was absolutely superb!

I'm not usually one for viewing figures, but I'm curious if all this moving about for Collision and Rampage has hurt them in any way?

AEW aren’t moving the shows around Warners are and they pay the money so AEW produce the hours of TV Warners want. Warners seem very happy with the numbers and that’s all that counts especially in the middle of contract negotiations.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They're being moved due to NHL and NBA playoffs which are on at the moment and where the match ups actually have stakes 😅 Collision and Rampage are effectively shows with extremely predictable outcomes so not essential viewing and this is coming from an AEW fan.

Happy to see some of our Metalmania regulars get spots on TV this week in ROH and Collison. Cody Chuun is great and faces Rush so hope he got a good look in. Filmed in Portland this week so I will be checking it out for them.

Collision and Rampage are basically disposable if we're honest, as far as ratings go. Them moving for sports is no shock.

The bigger concern ratings wise should be Dynamite right now, especially with contract negotiations looming. That's not me being a hater, that's just the reality. Losing numbers after changes in schedule is fine but losing numbers with no clear outside reason could hurt some bargaining power AEW have. As much as WBD have put out press releases saying they're happy, those are easily done and not necessarily an indication of true feelings, in fact I think the last press release came out when there was talk that there was apparently discussions between WBD and WWE.

The positive side is that AEW still is regularly ranked as the top original cable show of the night when it airs even when ratings are down. Which works in their favour of course. I put some comments about where AEW could find themselves with the renegotiations now that TNT have seemingly lost the NBA rights. It's still very much hard to call. Could even be a case that AEW get a new deal but not for as much as they have hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I love Bryan Danielson, he's just exactly what I love about pro wrestling. Big mark that I am.

• Advertisement

Poor Eddie got a bad leg break on top of tendon and ligament damage he will need surgery and is out untill 2025

A tibular fracture along with tears to his ACL and meniscus.

At least he will have access to the best surgons and rehab teams at Jaguars.

Hopefully Eddie is able to come back in good nick at his age it's always questionable to come back from injuries like that. Was a woeful spot too, not sure what himself and Kidd were thinking.

Speaking of ratings for Collision

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1792986400968573330

Lmao, one of Tony's better jibes tbf.

Can't seem to insert tweets since the website changed to x officially.

The American Drgaon knocking another dream match off the bucket list :)

All Out being moved by a week to take place on Sept 7th and not the 1st which would have been a week after All In

They just don't make announce tables like they used to

Bleacher Report has ranked the Top 10 AEW wrestlers since the promotion launched in 2019.

#1 Jon Moxley
    #2 Kenny Omega
    #3 MJF
    #4 The Young Bucks
    #5 Bryan Danielson
    #6 Chris Jericho
    #7 ‘Hangman’ Adam Page
    #8 Britt Baker
    #9 Cody Rhodes
    #10 Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭SteM

I know they have to have a female wrestler in there but Britt comes and goes so much I'd have FTR in there over her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Petermc83

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Have posted a Double (or Nothing hehehe) prediction competition for anyone who fancies taking part for both events this weekend.…

• Advertisement

Advertisement