Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was hoping he’d not be apart of dark order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »
    Was hoping he’d not be apart of dark order

Matt Hardy’s been trolling the world over it been him lately

Matt Hardy’s been trolling the world over it been him lately

Made me think it was never him

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jake still has it in spades.

I have to say to love AEW's old fashioned vignettes they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's 2020, Matt Hardy isn't relevant.

AEW are better off not spunking money on him and his extremely tired 4-5 year old act.

Edit: Sammy's karaoke is one of the funniest things I've seen in wrestling this year.

• Advertisement

That was a really enjoyable episode to be fair and progressed all story lines.

And Matt closes the show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I hope Blood & Guts match is pre-recorded and they just go crazy with it.

Great show from aew. Parking Lot Fight is clever too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's 2020, Matt Hardy isn't relevant.

AEW are better off not spunking money on him and his extremely tired 4-5 year old act.

Edit: Sammy's karaoke is one of the funniest things I've seen in wrestling this year.

People going nuts over himself and Luke Harper debuting.

AEW just love WWE midcard rejects.

Harper is the drizzling ****s on promos, can see why WWE never put a mic near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

ricero wrote: »

Maybe because they're entertaining and fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Sammy goes from strength to strength as does Hangman Adam Page!

Love Matt Hardy so delighted he has shown up!!

MJF is hilarious!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Harper is the drizzling ****s on promos, can see why WWE never put a mic near him.

AEW provides a platform for talented people that Vince minimalized with his terrible, incoherent stories and inability to play to his talents strengths.

Same thing, phrased differently.

Is that the old TNA set AEW are using with the 2 tunnels?

It's the AEW set....the one they use every week. :confused:

The Impact Zone set never left that building. Was constructed specifically for it and maintained on the sound stage between tapings.

Didn't watch either WWE or AEW this week but, based on the clips I've seen of both, AEW did much better with the empty arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Didn't watch either WWE or AEW this week but, based on the clips I've seen of both, AEW did much better with the empty arena.

They definitely did.

They had a handful of wrestlers ringside for each match tho which created a small atmosphere which I thought helped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Fantastic show last night. First time I’ve watched wrestling live since the Rumble which was the first since Mania last year. A brilliant distraction for 2 hours. Kept me engaged and genuinely made me laugh unlike the usual cringe comedy I’ve seen in years gone by.

They seemed to suggest there would be no Dynamite next week. Any further news on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

He’s not really though.

And Lee(harper) can go with some of the best of them!

Check out some of his indie stuff.

He was awfully underused by Vince.

Also, on the ‘midcard reject’ bit. Their top guys didn’t come direct from wwe.
    Those that did, Moxley for example, wasn’t a ‘reject’ of any kind.

He was just being billed horrifically by what wwe’s excuse for creative was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Fantastic show last night. First time I’ve watched wrestling live since the Rumble which was the first since Mania last year. A brilliant distraction for 2 hours. Kept me engaged and genuinely made me laugh unlike the usual cringe comedy I’ve seen in years gone by.

They seemed to suggest there would be no Dynamite next week. Any further news on that?

They don’t want to guarantee a dynamite next week Incase venues/talent can’t fulfil, due to covid.

Planning to go ahead next week, but didn’t want to guarantee of it can’t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I know people will roll their eyes but I was actually wondering why WWE weren't peppering the empty seats with a racuous roster.

Then again it is like something out of an retro arcade fighting game so no surprises that AEW seized upon it.

Brody Lee as the exhalted one, the student who has become the teacher; a shyster cut leader with a bone to pick is too perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, now who could the out of touch old man that he referred to be?

So just to be sure, Blood & Guts was meant to be the next PPV but they decided instead to have it on Dynamite since the PPV wouldn't be going ahead? Or was it always going to be on Dynamite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So just to be sure, Blood & Guts was meant to be the next PPV but they decided instead to have it on Dynamite since the PPV wouldn't be going ahead? Or was it always going to be on Dynamite?

Nah, was always intended as a TV show. Same craic as their Bash at the Beach show. Basically a really stacked version of Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Yeah and it was due to take place in New Jersey and they were only a few hundred tickets away from getting a 16,000 sellout.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I know people will roll their eyes but I was actually wondering why WWE weren't peppering the empty seats with a racuous roster.

Then again it is like something out of an retro arcade fighting game so no surprises that AEW seized upon it.

Brody Lee as the exhalted one, the student who has become the teacher; a shyster cut leader with a bone to pick is too perfect.

Also kind of liked his tease of sister abigail

AEW 932K

NXT 532K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved that, considering the circumstances and the fact they have been doing weekly TV for less than a year, that was another fantastic show from AEW, demonstrating that you can still put on a great wrestling show with no fans in attendance if you don't just treat it like a regular episode.

The Archer Murderhawk Mansion segment was brilliant, as were the debuts of Brodie and Hardy, would have loved to hear the pops for them!

I find the criticism of AEW picking up WWE "rejects" strange. I wonder what the same people would have said to WWE in the 90s picking up WCW rejects such as Mean Mark Callous, Stunning Steve Austin, Cactus Jack and Terra Ryzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Great show this week. They shows since the turn of the new year have all at the very least been good, but last night's was exceptional. The roster around ringside added so much to it, they managed to further some storylines with it, kept other feuds that are on the back burner hot, and it added to what was going on in the ring.

Also Sammy Guevara is fantastic, looking forward to when they pull the trigger on him. Jericho on commentary for the main event legit had me laughing out loud a few times (him cracking up to Guevara and MJF singing his theme and the "He (Arn) hit him with his notepad" line being two highlights.

Great stuff.

I enjoyed Dynamite for what it was. They made the best of it.

However, I'd have held off one or both of Hardy & Brodie Lee just for the pops in a few months. Give you something big for your re-debut in front of the people. I think The Revival will be over by then though, so they could use them in that spot.

Also, someone noted that AEW has a lot of ex WWE midcarders as though it was an insult. The hottest period in wrestling history - the attitude era - was built on ex WCW midcarders Jean-Paul Levesque, Mean Mark, Cactus Jack and Stunning Steve. One mans trash, another mans treasure.

Monokne wrote: »
    I enjoyed Dynamite for what it was. They made the best of it.

However, I'd have held off one or both of Hardy & Brodie Lee just for the pops in a few months. Give you something big for your re-debut in front of the people. I think The Revival will be over by then though, so they could use them in that spot.

Also, someone noted that AEW has a lot of ex WWE midcarders as though it was an insult. The hottest period in wrestling history - the attitude era - was built on ex WCW midcarders Jean-Paul Levesque, Mean Mark, Cactus Jack and Stunning Steve. One mans trash, another mans treasure.

Jean-Paul was 25
    Mean Mark was 25
    Cactus Jack was 31
    Stunning Steve was 31

Hardy is 46
    Lee is 41
    Jericho is 40
    Moxley is 35
    Dawson is 36
    Wilder is 33

Each of them is older currently then any of the above WWF lads you mentioned.

The WWF lads only rose to fame when they moved away from their WCW gimmicks

Jean Paul started as Hunter Hearst Hemsley but until he became Triple H he wasn’t over.

Mean Mark had to become The Undertaker

Cactus Jack had to become Mankind/Mick Foley

Stunning Steve had to become Stone Cold after doing the Ringmaster bit for awhile.

Hardy, Lee & Jericho don’t have the same time on their sides and the first 2 are just doing gimmicks they’ve done previously. Jericho has been very entertaining so far and has great ability all his career to reinvent himself and stay relevant.

The latter 3 (mentioned for balance) have more time on their sides but not as much as the WWF lads had when they jumped

rejects is a harsh word i feel hell bar Jericho & maybe moxley matt hardy is the biggest star they have to the wider wrestling audience that they need to bring in

but the thing i would say is they dont want to be verge onto TNA level were its everyone who leaves wwe just automatically joins which i dont think/ hope they wont do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hangman "social distancing since November" made be burst out laughing

Those little things on the intro are brilliant

Advertisement