Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The Bucks being on Free the Delete pretty much tells you where Matt is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    Pirate Bay is your friend, BeakerJoe.

This actually reminds me of a question I wanted to ask of everyone.

Those who saw Revolution, did you:

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream
    3) Download a torrent the next day

?

I got a torrent for what its worth.

I would usually buy, mainly cause I want to support it via Fite Tv so I can watch live in good quality.

Busy weekend so that didnt happen.

Havent used a torrent site in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Marty Scurll was going to AEW right up to the minute he wasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Bought the show through Fite over VPN cos I'll be damned if I'm paying 50 quid US prices :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I would usually buy, mainly cause I want to support it via Fite Tv so I can watch live in good quality.

Busy weekend so that didnt happen.

Havent used a torrent site in years.

Did you watch it in the end and if so how?

• Advertisement

Marty Scurll was going to AEW right up to the minute he wasn’t.

I think it was pretty clear a couple months out he wasn't going wasn't it? A lot of talk in November he had re-signed.

I think Big Dave thought he was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Are Fozzy going on tour or something? Ideally I would have liked them to hold off til Double or Nothing for the title change. Would have been the anniversary of Moxley's debut and I would have liked him to have to struggle a little bit longer, a dirty Jericho win would have accomplished that.

But as (I think) Meltzer points out - if you leave it until the show immediately before the Fozzy tour, then everyone knows the result of the match going in!

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream

?

Monokne to Data Protection Commissioner confirmed.

:pac:

Did you watch it in the end and if so how?

Havent watched it yet. Illegal stream appears to be the best way that wont hit my pocket.
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Monokne to Data Protection Commissioner confirmed.

:pac:

I dont get the gag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Matt Hardy cancelled his final show that he was committed too that may have stopped him appearing tonight on AEW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Spoilers for New Signing in case you want to be surprised Originally did this as an embed but didn't wanna ruin it for people.

Jake the Snake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The end segment dragged a little to where I was praying for a surprise run in. Jake the Snake was great though, still a great promo! Just wish his client was revealed at least.

The Death Triangle should be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream

?

Bought if for nothing more than I find it difficult to find streams quickly for shows like AEW and NJPW, and I needed something to watch to pass the time on Sunday.

Solid show for post ppv.

MJF calling out Mox... not sure that's PPV level, we may see that on TV.

The death triangle could get the lucha bros out of their present rut, with PAC as their mouthpiece.

Jake the Snake as Brodie Lee's mouthpiece also seems like the perfect fit.

Blood and Guts looks like it will be Inner Circle vs some team featuring Allin, Moxley maybe some of the elite.... maybe Dustin?

I like the Inner Circle Guns and Roses t-shirt.

AEW are making stars with their story telling.

I like the Inner Circle Guns and Roses t-shirt.

AEW are making stars with their story telling.

Yup. And to think that each and every star they make is either directly or indirectly a ball that was dropped by WWE:

Cody and Jericho being trusted as top guys with their own creative.

Moxley being what Ambrose should have been in WWE.

MJF being what EC3 should have been in WWE.

Allin being what Ricochet should have been in WWE.

And now soon, Matt Hardy being what he should have been in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wardlow looks very like a Vince guy. Good-looking, tall and lots of muscles. Strange how he didn't get hoovered up by WWE.

Yup. And to think that each and every star they make is either directly or indirectly a ball that was dropped by WWE:

Richochet & Allin...I don't see much in common. MJF and EC3 I see somewhat.

With Matt, when he did the broken Matt stuff it didn't resonate that well. The ultimate deletion that closed out Raw one week...it's not like he was this huge deal thereafter.I think the hardcore wrestling fanbase like us appreciates it but the sort of Dads bringing their kids type thing you see at the 3 arena, I don't think either father or son connects with it. It has a much better opportunity playing before an AEW audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Something very familiar about that power bomb at the end. Then putting the fingers in instead of fists.

I don't think Allin should've lasted as long as he did. have him put up a good fight for a short while, but have numbers be too much. He basically lasted as long against Jericho and Sammy as he did against Jericho on his own.

• Advertisement

AEW 906K

NXT 718K

Richochet & Allin...I don't see much in common. MJF and EC3 I see somewhat.

Well just that they are both undersized flippy guys mixing with the heavyweights.

Fair point on Hardy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At least with Allin he has a character that people can invest in while Ricochet is just a highflyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

At least with Allin he has a character that people can invest in while Ricochet is just a highflyer

Ehm... He's a real life super hero ðŸ˜

Even more so if you watched the Vice documentary and saw the episode he was in his life story everything about him has a underdog you want to see rise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

AEW is class, has been excellent since the start of the year. It's not perfect but it really is refreshing to enjoy and have fun watching a weekly North American wrestling show again,and is great to have one to look forward to, unlike feeling embarassed with myself for watching WWE in the past. The Hangman might just be the best thing in wrestling at the minute, and Freshly Squeezed, Darby and MJF aren't far off either. And as for the Death Triangle trio, just take my money. Death Triangle, Inner Circle, The Elite, Nightmare Family, Dark Order, Jurassic Express, S.C.U, really liking all the AEW stables. Pro wrestling is just better than sports entertainment.

Well I enjoyed Revolution a lot. Far for postives than negatives.

Bringing in Colt Cabana is fine. Solid hand if anything.

The show opener with Dustin and Hager was fine, wasnt expecting much but it was far better than any match these guys had in WWE Velocity. Decent opener.

Womens match was fine. Statlander and Rose are decent workers and they tried hard.

Tag match was epic. Loved it all, though maybe too many big impact moves which were kicked out of. Great in ring work and the story telling was fantastic. All 4 men are wonderful, with Page finally being made a big star with this feud more so than his match with Jericho.

Pac and Cassidy was great for what it was. OC is over and it was extemlely enjoyable. Perfect way to book freshly squeezed.

MJF and Cody is a perfect example of a great story being let down by the payoff match. MJF just isnt there yet and Cody isnt good enough to Carry him. They put in effort but the match was a let down compared to the stellar build. Pity.

Same goes for main event. Great build but the match was a ketdown too. Its a shame. Jerichos just not able anymore and Moxley needs someone in there to help him through. Hes not good enough to carry Jericho.

Still overall enjoyed the PPV. Looking forward to Dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Loved Adam Pages Buckshot Lariat on Jake Hager!Definitely my favourite finishing move in wrestling!

If you told me that Adam Page was gonna be a star the night he challenged with Jericho to be the first AEW World Champion I would of thought you were barking mad but christ he is the best thing in all of wrestling at the moment!!

So over with the crowd and tough as nails as well!!

And to top it all off the 'Bucks Of Youth' at Matt Hardys compound on #FreeTheDelete Episode 10!!!!

Am like a giddy child excited by wrestling once again!!!!Long may it continue!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I listened to Meltzer's take on Jake Robert's booking and he sounded like a real cynical prick towards Jake. I wonder if Jake blanked him on the cruise. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

Not sure I'd agree with a lot of this.

Cody Yes, but Jericho No. Jericho in WWE was being used as well as Jericho in WWE should have been used. A top part timer to get other people over. IN AEW he has helped establish AEW as a real promotion, and is doing a great job at getting other people over.

Probably so, if WWE wanted Ambrose to be a second rate Steve Austin. I like him, I think he's what AEW need at the moment, but haven't been hugely excited by him either.

I like MJF, but haven't bought in to the storyline with Cody at all. It was bungled from the start. They may well have been best friends backstage, but having MJF turn face, and then within a month or two turn heel again, was poor business for me.

Allin looks more like a happy accident than anything AEW was planning on. They've capitalised on it pretty well in fairness.

Matt Hardy still selling that Delete schtick?

I think it's also fair to say that AEW hasn't made best use of a lot of its talent. Pac and the Lucha Bros have essentially been directionless. I don't know if we've seen Shawn Spears in ages. They could barely wait to get the tag title belts off So Cal Uncensored sticking them in a feud with the Dark Order that already feels like it's been going on forever. Awesome Kong and Brandi Rhodes, can't even remember what happened in that storyline. Did it have an ending?

This is just to highlight how easily it is for any promotion to not use or be unable to use some of their rosters to their full potential and AEW is not immune.

Advertisement