Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Is the dlc worth buying? I never finished it around launch due to to many games breaking bugs my story wouldn't progress, feel like giving it another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Joshua J wrote: »
    There's a very important tool that you must learn to be successful swordfighting: Riposte. My first playthrough I never learned it and struggled so bad I gave up about 10 hours in. 2nd time I learned it and it made the fighting so much easier.

Pity they made lockpicking so awful. It's unforgivable how impossible it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just started this on PC, cant see myself continuing. Way to slow for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Bump.

Have been playing this the last few weeks on xbox game pass. What a game. Loving it.
    Combat awful at first, couldn't get the hang of it...now i'm riposting knights all over the shop, winning tourneys etc ! 3v1's are still tricky mind!
    Think i'm about half way through the main quest, been doing a load of side ones and just exploring... really think this is an underappreciated gem of a game (from what I've seen so far.)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was paying through it over Christmas, got to the epic priest quest and was asked to give a sermon, followed him out of the house when he instantly became angry i hadn't given the sermon and i failed the quest. Last same was an hour previous. Annoyed me enough to put it away for a while, no idea what i did wrong.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was paying through it over Christmas, got to the epic priest quest and was asked to give a sermon, followed him out of the house when he instantly became angry i hadn't given the sermon and i failed the quest. Last same was an hour previous. Annoyed me enough to put it away for a while, no idea what i did wrong.

I failed that quest too, or at least i gave sh*t sermon and the crowd ended up booing, priest gave out to me too saying what had i done?!!! :D:D
    I thought it was hilarious...didn't mind that i "failed" it, just went with the story that i was badly hungover and didn't have clue what i was talking about!!! :pac:

edit : wait, you failed straight after you left the house?? may have been a bug (haven't got any so far myself, touch wood). understandably annoying alright.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I failed that quest too, or at least i gave sh*t sermon and the crowd ended up booing, priest gave out to me too saying what had i done?!!! :D:D
    I thought it was hilarious...didn't mind that i "failed" it, just went with the story that i was badly hungover and didn't have clue what i was talking about!!! :pac:

edit : wait, you failed straight after you left the house?? may have been a bug (haven't got any so far myself, touch wood). understandably annoying alright.

Yupp, failed as soon as I left the house, didn't get a chance to even get to the church, was really looking forward to it an all. Cracking game though, unlike anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I gave this a go, and soon after the long playable story of the love interest at the beginning there was a main mission where I had to talk to 2 miners before the morning, but no matter what I do they're asleep by the time I get there and it will fail if I don't talk to them. I gave up at that stage, most other games allow you to wake the feckers up! And I can wake him up, he just tells me to go away. Annoyed me so much that I haven't gone back to it.

Seems like a hard game until you start getting better equipment/gear, but I did enjoy most of it up to that point. Might give it another go someday, probably not though...

So i finished this at the weekend. Jaysus what a let down.... After all of that the payoff was so underwhelming. It started brilliantly but by the end they dragged the @rse out of it.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    So i finished this at the weekend. Jaysus what a let down.... After all of that the payoff was so underwhelming. It started brilliantly but by the end they dragged the @rse out of it.

I agree. The last few missions go on for an age. I was rushing through it but still went on forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Xianders

Took the game for free on the Epic Story. I'll buy all DLC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Bought this for a tenner on the Xbox store.

I am a very casual game. Is this going to be a difficult game to get through ?
    Generally I like to float through games like RDR2.

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Bought this for a tenner on the Xbox store.

I am a very casual game. Is this going to be a difficult game to get through ?
    Generally I like to float through games like RDR2.

Definitely a bit more hardcore than casual games. It's really good but I'd look up a youtube vid for beginner tips so you won't be rage quitting on your first fist fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Abril9

Well I had two cracks at playing this game at first (maybe 2021/2022)……….fired it up for another go 3 months ago and well I find myself totally immersed.

Warhorse studios have a new game reveal this afternoon…….rumors is that it'll be a sequel

JESUS CHRIST BE PRAISED

Already leaked, it is officially Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 releasing this year on PS5,xbox x and pc.

Similar to you, i tried twice a few years back, both times came across quest bugs that made me just quit. I was really enjoying my time with it though so will definitely go back to play this again before the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive tried so many times to get into this game but every time get so far and then just stop. I think it's just the pacing that kills me.

I had that feeling too during the first playthrough along with sheer anger and frustration during any fighting moments, but with time and after levelling up I really found myself getting into it

Lol beforehand there was even a moment when I almost spat at the television in rage and flung the controller 😁 my wife gave me a look before almost collapsing with laughter….I didn't find it funny.

IMO if you stick with it and let the story get to a certain stage (Nest of Vipers mission it was for me) I was hooked. Despite the gaming being very serious in some aspects of some of the dialogue is just sheer comedy in my opinion. Overall I'd have this in my top games of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭durthacht

Great trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

Might play this next . presume best place is pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Yes.

It's a great game, all told. Save game system aside, I mod that out (I assume they've patched it to allow user choice at this stage but still).

Really looking forward to the sequel, that really was a great release trailer/explanation.

Started this again today, my God is so full of charm. Even finishing the prologue, i was grinning the whole time. Gonna use a walk-through to make my life easier at the start but looking forward to my 3rd attempt at this game.

Downloaded on pc and steam deck . Will go back and finish BG3 and start it then .

10 hours in loving it although i'd downloads mods make saving and inventory easier . The atmosphere , writing & plot very good . The cut scenes very good . Genuinely living in fear running around because I am so under levelled & the cumans or whatever they called have the fear of god put into me . If the combat doesn't get too difficult I will keep playing but i've a feeling I will hit a wall. Also the lock picking is bu****it

Advertisement