Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Decided to hold off until the patch to play anymore.

But ... I'm more excited about this game than many in a while. Combat is really fun, satisfying and meaty, levelling is dynamic and much better than the equivalent Oblivion-esque arrangement of levelling skills you use. Graphics are grand and undeniably beautiful in parts without being crazy good, characters/voice acting veers between really spot on and really wooden - which weirdly enough adds to the charm. I think part of it is the normality of it. There's no crazy magic or save the world, just this peasant trying to better himself and get back at some arsehole lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Choronzon13

I think part of it is the normality of it. There's no crazy magic or save the world, just this peasant trying to better himself and get back at some arsehole lord.

That's what sold me on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So I can finally take out camps of bad guys and I beat Bernard with real weapons. Two weeks training that took I suck at games and mostly play on easy so this has been a challenge for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I too stopped to wait for the next patch. It seems there are multiple quests that are bugged and I was lucky to get as far as I did. I managed to get past the Robber Baron bug but discovered more issues later in the game so I think I can wait a few days for this patch.

• Advertisement

5.7gb patch

So, that Custodian of the monastery is a bit of a f*cking arsebag.

Patch notes below. Hopefully will be on consoles early next week. Gonna hold off until it goes live, lots of good fixes here.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/379430/announcements/detail/1673523270493660881

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Onymlifestyle

Hi,
    honestly for me this is a great game! You can see bugs on every step but it is a funny game and loads to do and graphics is amazing honestly! I am playing on ultra settings and moving camera with my eyes and only thing that is always anoying is horseriding as that is hard to do as you look around and then horse is catching things and once or twice(or more) I have fall from cliff becasuse of that hahah :P

They need to patch out that god damned history lesson at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there's a mod for that

Havent played for few days.. patch was installed yesterday.. tried to play and game is now even worse.. before I was playing on ultra all and now it is not even on high to make it playable without glitches and ofc it is not same "look" with ultra and high settings.. Have to say that I am not happy with that at all.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Havent played for few days.. patch was installed yesterday.. tried to play and game is now even worse.. before I was playing on ultra all and now it is not even on high to make it playable without glitches and ofc it is not same "look" with ultra and high settings.. Have to say that I am not happy with that at all.. :(
    What are your specs?

I'm very choppy on i5 2500k 4.4ghz and 1080, with fps jumping around 40-60 with frequent stuttering.

God forbid you go full blast on the horse through town. Heads fall off, people fall from the sky, everything becomes a blob.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    What are your specs?

I'm very choppy on i5 2500k 4.4ghz and 1080, with fps jumping around 40-60 with frequent stuttering.

God forbid you go full blast on the horse through town. Heads fall off, people fall from the sky, everything becomes a blob.

i7-7820HK 2.9ghz clocked at 3.5ghz,16gb memory ,gtx1080 and yes fps is going from 40-60 always and yes same thing with people fall from sky and etc... it is starting to be anoying tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

It may be worthwhile to wait a couple of months for the DLC's to drop and patches to fix what will undoubtedly be a buggy game at launch.

At the rate you lot are going on about the bugs in the game, I'll be waiting for a couple of years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'm on an i5-6500 with a gtx1060 and frame rate has been a solid 60 for me @1080p. I've not noticed any bugs as of yet either - they could be there but I've not seen them.

As for the game itself, I'm finding combat unforgiving at times but it's really satisfying when I kill people.

Archery is difficult but I'm hoping it gets easier as I get more levels in it. It's currently my first defensive strategy when someone charges me - shoot them in the face from close range and then switch to my mace.

Overall it's a slow burner but I'm enjoying it.

I'm finding combos really difficult to pull off in actual combat.

I'm finding combos really difficult to pull off in actual combat.

Same here.. well.. I am still at the begging around 24h in game in total but find even worse when I have attacked camp with people and 4-5 of them attacked me and you need to switch betwen tab and do combos and poke and.. dead in 3 hits hahahaha

Or even worse was when I have attacked 1 guy with horse and my horse jumped over fence and get bugged and stayed in air and didnt alowed me to come down so guy simply killed me with 3swings from ground :mad::mad::mad:

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I'm on an i5-6500 with a gtx1060 and frame rate has been a solid 60 for me @1080p. I've not noticed any bugs as of yet either - they could be there but I've not seen them..

How many hours you have? Try with fast running with horse thru "towns".. you will see people falling from sky :pac::pac::pac: also you will see people in normal uniforms(village people) and when you aprouch them they turn in to soldiers with shields and etc.. :eek:

Btw little bit better since last update..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I'm on an i5-6500 with a gtx1060 and frame rate has been a solid 60 for me @1080p. I've not noticed any bugs as of yet either - they could be there but I've not seen them.

As for the game itself, I'm finding combat unforgiving at times but it's really satisfying when I kill people.

Archery is difficult but I'm hoping it gets easier as I get more levels in it. It's currently my first defensive strategy when someone charges me - shoot them in the face from close range and then switch to my mace.

Overall it's a slow burner but I'm enjoying it.
    I'm @ 1440p myself.

I've heard you can become OP at combat later on so I'm trying to stay away from ever training it. I prefer the "fight for your life" style. :D

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I'm @ 1440p myself.

I've heard you can become OP at combat later on so I'm trying to stay away from ever training it. I prefer the "fight for your life" style. :D

You might be OP but there will always be someone better than you. Training is a necessity im afraid.
    I put two weeks into training myself and i still find myself fighting for my life.

I will let this game rest for few weeks and hope for new update.. dont like flying people from sky.. but still nice game !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Hadn't played in a couple of weeks so loaded it up. Got into a fight but couldn't equip my sword. Why?. Because I didn't have a sword anymore. Or armour. Screw this game.

ah you went mad bastard mode ;)

I have only recently started getting comfortable with the game as I felt I was just acquiring quest after quest with most of them being in multiple parts.
    So 30 hours in I can finally start playing the game as I have decent gear and an idea of how to play this game

for those if you who are sadists this is for you

What's the verdict on this lads? Should I pick it up or wait for price drop or more patches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

What's the verdict on this lads? Should I pick it up or wait for price drop or more patches?

<Why not both meme here>

Definitely wait for a few more patches to drop and for the full promised game to be released. There was supposed to be a doggo companion in the game. I'm personally waiting for that first before I play the game.

Is Pebbles the wonder horse not good enough for you?

• Advertisement

This monastery section is grating.

Advertisement