Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm level 1 lockpicking, I read it gets much easier when you do it enough to get to level 4.

On a side note, I highly recommend buying a pick lock set from Amazon, they're a great laugh.

The first time i popped open that see-through lock i was all like "behold my POWA!"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gave up on the good thief, kept breaking my lockpicks and reloading the last save. Decided to meet Radzig and contribute the main quest from Rattay. Beat Capon in the archery and sword fight first time, well chuffed. Archery is a pain in the hole as well haha. Ah medieval times eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Some traders got ambushed, I stopped to help, everyone turned on me. Game sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Joshua J wrote: »
    Some traders got ambushed, I stopped to help, everyone turned on me. Game sucks.

Welcome to Bohemia, son.

Upcoming patch sounding nice. Hopefully the mod support is for consoles as well, that would be class.

He also said 100's of quest bugs fixed.

https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/968071092194742272

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That spreadsheet screenshot is one of the best examples of "listen to your customers" I've seen in gaming this year or last. Must have taken all of 90 seconds to put together too (not the fixes of course, just the spreadsheet to show people!).

EA, are you list--- oh **** it we all know you're not, or not even pretending to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love it if they fixed the loading when talking to people. It's really frustrating.

Played one of the funniest quests i've ever played last night. Getting drunk in Witcher 3 was very funny, but this was a level above even that. Haven't laughed as much at a game in ages :D

Anyone thinking of buying this game for consoles I would recommend the digital rather than retail version.

There is a 23GB update which effectively replaces the retail version of the game. The digital version already has the most up to date version of the game.

Gave up on the good thief, kept breaking my lockpicks and reloading the last save. Decided to meet Radzig and contribute the main quest from Rattay. Beat Capon in the archery and sword fight first time, well chuffed. Archery is a pain in the hole as well haha. Ah medieval times eh.

An issue, is that if you save the game before you try to lockpick, the schnapps makes you drunk which impairs your control while lockpicking.

If you're on PC, install a mod to remove the schnapps from saving...

• Advertisement

I'm on PS4, will just wait for the patch.

I saw a Dev said they are patching out priests from using bad language. Apparently the same voice actor did cursing as peasants as the priests lines so they got a bit muddled :pac:

9we1wqyi5li01.jpg

But its perfectly okay for the priests to get blackout drunk and bang some wenches :pac:

I'm on PS4, will just wait for the patch.

I saw a Dev said they are patching out priests from using bad language. Apparently the same voice actor did cursing as peasants as the priests lines so they got a bit muddled :pac:

[IMG][/img]

I'm looking forward to the inevitable mod to reinstate the cursing priests :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Waiting for the inevitable "They Nerfed the Lockpicking!!" twats to come out of the woodwork..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Waiting for the inevitable "They Nerfed the Lockpicking!!" twats to come out of the woodwork..

It's impossible with a keyboard and mouse. God help you controller boys.

I hope it gets nerfed to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

some really annoying bugs making me nearly have a rage quit, several times trying to finish that quest with the priest and the drinking but i kept getting stuck at a load screen going to ring some bell, had to load back an older save then another one i had done a load of quest objectives went to hand it in i just got the quest npc sitting there nodding his head while i was stuck at the cut scene screen with no dialog options and had to alt f4 the game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Lone Stone wrote: »
    some really annoying bugs making me nearly have a rage quit, several times trying to finish that quest with the priest and the drinking but i kept getting stuck at a load screen going to ring some bell, had to load back an older save then another one i had done a load of quest objectives went to hand it in i just got the quest npc sitting there nodding his head while i was stuck at the cut scene screen with no dialog options and had to alt f4 the game :mad:
    It's not a finished game and should not be out of beta imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

bought this and put a couple of hours into it, I have now stopped playing it and will restart after a few more updates, can see them patching the hell out of this,

Doing the mission The Prey, only noticed in the last part that my sword 'needle sword' I found in Talmberg is above my agility level so won't be efficient. Been using it since I find it and never saw that message. I sold other swords I found between then. Any recommendations on finding a sword, should I just nick one from a barracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just did a fetch quest for the lady in Talmberg... I accidentally banged her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Doing the mission The Prey, only noticed in the last part that my sword 'needle sword' I found in Talmberg is above my agility level

Nice nod to GOT there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Doing the mission The Prey, only noticed in the last part that my sword 'needle sword' I found in Talmberg is above my agility level so won't be efficient. Been using it since I find it and never saw that message. I sold other swords I found between then. Any recommendations on finding a sword, should I just nick one from a barracks?

I managed to beat a random road side Knight and he gave me his sword. Had been using a Trusty Companion (or whatever it's called) up to that point. Good swords seem hard enough (or expensive enough) to come by...which i suppose makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A man does not steal.

As much as I like GOT, didn't even realise her sword was called needle. Need to get me a more manly bastard sword.

Said I'd go back and do the good thief quest, got to the grave to dig, no Spade. Oh yeah, I stashed it on my horse. Pebbles doesn't have it. ****, must have dropped out instead of moved it. Back to Rattay castle where I thought I transferred a lot of my gear, all gone. Googled it and apparently people pick up things you drop. Bastards! Have to find a new Spade now.

Also, I found a dead woman in the forest. She was wearing an expensive dress so I took it. Can't wait till I'm rich so I can stop doing these shameful acts.

Game is class!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very tempted to get this for pc, are mods easy to install?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i found a camp near neuouhof with a chest full of knight armor and weapons, it's huge buff to defense and dmg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Very tempted to get this for pc, are mods easy to install?

yes there is an app on nexus mods which allows you to pick what mods you want to activate on the game but not sure if KCD is on it yet but otherwise it is not difficult to add manually
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/top/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »
    yes there is an app on nexus mods which allows you to pick what mods you want to activate on the game but not sure if KCD is on it yet but otherwise it is not difficult to add manually
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/top/

Hmmm, 4 day weekend coming up, might have to take the plunge and get it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

One tip for people struggling with the lockpicking is exiting and starting again until the sweet spot is close to the centre. It is a bit easier when it's close to the centre and exiting and restarting does change it's location.

As for mods. I've only installed two and both were single files you copied into the data folder and they didn't overwrite anything so can't see any need for a tool until the mod tools come out and more complicated stuff comes along.

One of the mods is a windows tool to limit processes so once I start the game I can limit the KCD process to 98% cpu usage. Completely fixes the freezing I was getting. Other than that I've seen less bugs than I did first time through Skyrim.

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    some really annoying bugs making me nearly have a rage quit

I had a bad bug last night.

After i fast travelled i got stuck inside my horse, and reloading the game/save etc would do nothing.
    I lost around 3 hours of progress.

Lesson learned, frequent rolling saves is the order of the day.

Advertisement