Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Doc on the making of the game, came across it after Danny O'Dwyer mentioned it on a stream during the week. It's a bit dry but I found it interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Disappointed in this game. I played it for about 25 hours and I just cant be arsed to continue on with it.

The combat is quite fun and I enjoy the difficulty of it. I mostly spend my time sneaking around and stabbing everyone and only take out my sword against the peasants so that I can feel like a god as I slaughter them ^_^

And that is where it ends. You spend most of the game fast travelling between places and the story missions are not interesting. There is no urgency to anything even though the cumans have literally landed! Life goes on as normal for the folk which completely ruins immersion.

Was busy doing the quest to figure out who strung up some dude in Ushintz (however you spell it) and bleh.. Uninstalled the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Got this today and swiftly returned it. The combat is mind boggingly bad. I would have played through it otherwise, but Jesus Christ it's terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I found the combat to be really enjoyable once you get the hang of it. Definitely rough around the edges though.

First mission to collect money from some lad. Was fighting him for at least 15 minutes until I realised life is too short.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is that the fist fight with a blacksmith or something? Doesn't actually matter if you win that :)

It definitely gets better once you get weapons and some experience. Not for everyone though, as first person melee combat is pretty tough to get right.

I didn't get on with For Honor either so I think it's best I leave it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I like it. None of the roll and dodge spam or simply side stepping everything, you have to be quick and precise.

Until late game were you one shot most of em.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had to abandon the game as my rep was in the shítter so couldn't progress any quests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Big critic of this when it first came out, found it too much of a buggy mess. Decided to give it another shot recently and finished it last night and must say my opinion has changed. Great wee game once you get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Royal Edition releasing 28th of may including all dlc on disc with a download code for upcoming final dlc. 45 on Gamestop to preorder. Was gonna pick this up as I have gotten very far last time but will hold out for this edition. Many still playing it? Dlc any good? I see there were plenty of updates to fix things.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Royal Edition releasing 28th of may including all dlc on disc with a download code for upcoming final dlc. 45 on Gamestop to preorder. Was gonna pick this up as I have gotten very far last time but will hold out for this edition. Many still playing it? Dlc any good? I see there were plenty of updates to fix things.
    I plan to play it after summer.

I can see it taking up 50-60 hours easily.

Haven't played it in a while but it's fantastic.. A VR version would be incredible.

Royal Edition on sale atm. 26 in Argos or 30 in Gamestop. I picked it up yesterday and the latest patch from may is huge. Basically fixed an absolute ton of his, added/modified mechanic introductions and tutorials to make the game easier to understand. Also added a simplified lockpicking mechanic for consoles. You can now get a dog to follow you around on your travels :)

I started a new game and just made it out of the village. Loved it. I want to finish horizon zero dawn first but this is very tempting to keep going.

If anyone does get it, never mind the note saying the dlc code is in the box, all dlc is on the disc except the latest one which gets added with the latest patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Having trouble finding stock in Argos around Limerick for it. GameStop have it in stock. Good deal in fairness! If i hadn't picked up the Crash/Spyro bundle I would definitely be getting it. Into the wishlist until it's 50% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Warhorse seem to be following CD Projekt lead. Constantly improving their product, so when it does come to sequels they're in a much better place.

Kinda some middle ground in that old Miyamoto line "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I bought the Royal Edition for 45 back in June and played an hour or so after I installed it. Currently underneath some sealed games by my PS4.
    What I played seemed ok but I couldn't wrap my head around timing in combat, I'd just swing for the fences and get quickly beaten. Also I had to use a lock pick and couldn't find the friend who had them after I declined doing a side mission with him.

I bought this game a while back but Jesus Christ it's unforgivable. Combat is appalling and that ****ing lockpicking mission is where it ended for me as it's absolutely stupidly impossible.

No excuses for that sort of bull****.

I forgot how tough it was. I ended up having to buy a lockpick in Talmberg to steal the guards armour. 1 lockpick was 14 gold which was half my money, seemed fair ****ing pricey. Saved before the chest and unlocked the 'very easy' lock on my third try. I did that using the simplified controls (hold L1 to turn the lock, not the left analogue stick). Went back to Skallitz and had a tough time against my first bandit but only realised after the fight it was because the sword i had stolen in Talmberg needed 8 strength to wield properly and i had just 3 strength.

As much as it said it had improved tutorials and intro, I've googled about 4 different things i want sure how to do in the game.

I've read as well I've your combat skills improve ( from taking part in combat, it gets much easier, the start is unforgiving).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It took me a weeks training with the trainer to get a handle on the combat and even then I lucked my way through.

• Advertisement

A shame really. The story seemed ok, but the gameplay is so stupidly bad I'll never go back to it.

It's hard as balls intentionally. You're a regular person and fighting and thieving are brand new to you. That's what I kept in mind when it was frustratingly difficult.

When you start to get a handle on fighting, it's great. You feel like you've earned it since it's actually yourself levelling up. I still had a few different parts of fighting I wanted to improve. That doesn't exist in Skyrim or the Witcher.

And going around thieving when you get good at it is rewarding. You can level up a lot doing that practice chest over and over.

It's hard as balls intentionally. You're a regular person and fighting and thieving are brand new to you. That's what I kept in mind when it was frustratingly difficult.

When you start to get a handle on fighting, it's great. You feel like you've earned it since it's actually yourself levelling up. I still had a few different parts of fighting I wanted to improve. That doesn't exist in Skyrim or the Witcher.

And going around thieving when you get good at it is rewarding. You can level up a lot doing that practice chest over and over.

There's not enough time for that with so many other games around. If they put in a system like Skyrim for fighting they would have a lot more buyers. They could have both styles for those who have the patience.

There's not enough time for that with so many other games around. If they put in a system like Skyrim for fighting they would have a lot more buyers. They could have both styles for those who have the patience.

Different strokes.

I'm glad there are some smaller devs that are willing to take in less cash putting out a more challenging and less accessible game.

The bad part of that is that there is no VR on the horizon. Skyrim VR is good. KKD VR would be amazing.

If they put in a system like Skyrim for fighting they would have a lot more buyers.
    Couldn't have picked a worse example of a combat system...

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Couldn't have picked a worse example of a combat system...

Whatever. I meant a simpler more fun kind. Not the absolute nonsense that's in the game as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Whatever. I meant a simpler more fun kind. Not the absolute nonsense that's in the game as it is.

The combat is quite organic and a lot of fun once you get the swing of it.

I really like the combat in this. I mean it feels clunky and unruly but it makes me feel like I'm actually in a sword fight and there's a lot at stake in each scuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

There's a very important tool that you must learn to be successful swordfighting: Riposte. My first playthrough I never learned it and struggled so bad I gave up about 10 hours in. 2nd time I learned it and it made the fighting so much easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement