Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Eurogamer reveiw actually names and links to ResetEra so it's clear that when journalists are looking into potential controversies they are using ResetEra as a source.

That was a dog**** stunt by the reviewer, he knew that link was going to be a torrent of allegations and abuse and used it to avoid publishing those allegations himself.

The UK has fairly tight libel laws so I wouldn't mind seeing Warhorse look into legal action on the grounds of what they linked to rather than quoting and then referencing the source as would be the norm.

Would also note that the Vavre showed up on EG's facebook thread and they would not respond to him, even though they had been responding to others :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Is that cash or credit value?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is that cash or credit value?

I'd say it's credit, would be way too generous of Gamestop to of that cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Well ive had a great day playing the first few hours of this. So far very few bugs and the texture pop in is crazy but im still glad I bought it. F**k lockpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Billy86 wrote: »
    Feck this thread anyway, it's getting harder and harder with every post to make myself hold out until some patches and whatnot are released! :(
    You should wait it out till it gets patched it's not a €50 game imo it should still be in beta. Too many bugs to break the immersion imo. Bones of a great game but six months too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I thought I'd share the really understated Kickstarter version which I think is cool

LJyslabh.jpg

sQcDsjTh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you're riding about shooting arrows at people remember you can't fire them as well to your right, as in reality you have to cross your bow hand over yourself to your right and draw it awkwardly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Kiith wrote: »
    My biggest annoyance is the loading before every conversation (and sometimes opening the map). Really bloody frustrating at times. AI is also laughable at times, but that's pretty much the norm these days. Very few games get that right.

This really grinds my gears, that and lockpicking.

And random peoples heads vanishing.

My copy from Smyths arrived this morning, only ordered it yesterday, free delivery and was only 50 quid. Also came with Special edition DLC. Between that and other offers like far cry 5, Smyths are doing a great job online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My copy from Smyths arrived this morning, only ordered it yesterday, free delivery and was only 50 quid. Also came with Special edition DLC. Between that and other offers like far cry 5, Smyths are doing a great job online.

What's the DLC? Let us know how you like the game.

• Advertisement

Saw this on Reddit and thought it was hilarious.
    "The real reason everyone is overly nice to Henry"

b0gttophkwh01.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/7zlwt2/the_real_reason_everyone_is_overly_nice_to_henry/

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What's the DLC? Let us know how you like the game.

Treasures of the past. It's a fiver to buy on psn, looks like weapons and armour for Henry that will get placed on your map. I don't like accessing powerful weapons early on, would rather keep with the natural game pace so they might fetch a nice penny. Thought I had the update downloaded but my rest mode went glitchy and had to start it all again, will throw it on layer, looking forward to getting stuck in!

Didn't get much time with it, still in Talmberg, but loving it so far. Actually feels like I'm in medieval times. Characters are great and Henry is already in the running for character of the year awards.

Early spoilers
    Currently trying to escape the castle, looking for armour, I found a chest in the Armoury. First time lock picking, did I miss a tutorial? Anyway, spent so long looking at the lock, didn't realise a guard had snuck up on me. Gonna reload my last save, just a few minutes to at least try the lock pick and be more careful this time.

Mad to get back to Skalitz to see if the crew is still in tact. Throwing **** at a house and legging it was great craic, hope the boys made it out safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hate the history lesson I have to sit through every time I start the game.

I managed to quit out of it this morning by mashing the buttons, just had to sit through arty screenshots which were much nicer.

Finally tried a lock, wtf is this! After 2 breaks, I looked up a guide and unlocked it on my 3rd try. The 2 best tips were 1. The lock is easier when the sweet spot is nearer the middle. If it's near the outside, press cancel and try it again, the sweet spot changes everytime. 2. Press the left stick to 11 o clock and circle it counter clockwise all around the edge of the stick.

Doing this, it was so much smoother and much easier to pick, still a bit ****ed tho.

Came across my first bandit also, tense as **** but he was no match for my talmberg armour set.

Also this is the first game to make me feel bad about looting corpses.

Haha, yes. Absolutely this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i have this installed on my ssd and the chat load times were fine at the start, but the more i have explored the world i swear the load time are just insane right now ugh really pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm running this on an average PC but the more I play the more I find the technical issues ruining my immersion. I walked up to a horse in Rattay today and the texture of the horse took at least 15 seconds to render properly and I was standing right in front of it. The pop up when you're walking through towns is really disconcerting too. Anyone playing on a high end PC having these issues? Or PS4 Pro? Might take a break until the next patch comes along.

Woke up in Rattay, needed to head so tried to manual save on my new bed. Slept an hour, no save. Slept a few hours, no save. Slept 12 hours, no save. Turns out my bed was the one beside it and had to wait to save because I couldn't sleep anymore. Stupidity out of me but it definitely needs at least a save on exit. Actually, just needs a manual save without needing drink for any bugs you encounter. Maybe if it means saving without the drink causes more sleep/hunger penalties for when you load up next.

I made it to the top of a hill and tried to jump a fence. Like I got a force field and got launch back down the guild, both legs bleeding. I had gone off wandering and was a good bit from anywhere, not enough bandages to stop the bleeding, had to reload a previous auto save which was a pain.

Also, I got stuck in the executioners house, couldn't get out the front door and he's there telling at me to get out. Things like that are why a save anytime or more auto saves are needed.

Still though, the game is such a great laugh, is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Im using the save game mod.

Ive got a wife n baby, could be called away at a moments notice and I aint loosing all that progress!

Especially when it took me nearly 20 attempts to beat the town drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Ive got a wife n baby, could be called away at a moments notice and I aint loosing all that progress!

Especially when it took me nearly 20 attempts to beat the town drunk.
    Just strap it down and it wont get loose!

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Just strap it down and it wont get loose!

The wife or the baby?

I'm the same, lucky to get 1 good hour of quiet time, can't afford to be losing precious save time but no fancy save mod for me. Hopefully the patch comes out in the next few days.

Just thank **** this isn't an always online game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

If you are on PC, this simple mod skips the into videos

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/6

During that bit when you go back to the town to bury your parents, i looted my dead parents.......

Had a real "Dayum son!" moment after that

PC Gamer does a nice guide on the best mods so far.

Far and away the best ones for me are the better lockpicking, removing the visual/audio stamina cues, and adding a reticule to bows.

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-kingdom-come-deliverance-mods/

I don't really get the problem with lock picking. Surely its supposed to be a challenge?

I don't really get the problem with lock picking. Surely its supposed to be a challenge?

I can pick locks easier in real life than 'easy' locks in this game.

I can pick locks easier in real life than 'easy' locks in this game.

What about the progression system? I know nothing about picking locks in real life, I'd probably struggle a lot with a an "easy" lock. Surely your supposed to be bad at them early on.

I'm fairly close to the start and have concentrated somewhat on lockpicking and have no problem with "very easy"/"easy" locks.

• Advertisement

I'm level 1 lockpicking, I read it gets much easier when you do it enough to get to level 4.

On a side note, I highly recommend buying a pick lock set from Amazon, they're a great laugh.

Advertisement