Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Very tempted to get this for pc, are mods easy to install?

Very,

Step 1 - Go here: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance
    Step 2 - Download mod and unzip.
    Step 3 - Put the .pak file (99% of the time, the mod consists of a singular .pak file) into the data folder of your game. Default location for this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\data

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hmmm, 4 day weekend coming up, might have to take the plunge and get it.

That app he's talking about is a mod loader.

Basically, if several mods tinker with the same game files, then things can get wonky. E.g: two mods that both fiddle with the crime system.

The mod loader attempts to load the mods in such a way that they are stable.

This is not really an issue if you stick to one mod per mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

most mods so far you drop into the data folder for it in your steam directory

Bump into a fellow knight on the road. I accept his offer for a duel. A gentleman's wager? But of course. He betters me. I murder him for my 50 groschen. I'm naturally evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have the patches ironed out some of the bugs, off till Monday and tempted to pull the trigger on this for the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Have the patches ironed out some of the bugs, off till Monday and tempted to pull the trigger on this for the PC.

I'm the same :D :pac:

I'm finding the
    siege of the cuman camp
    really, really hard. I might have to come back later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got stuck in a door for 20 minutes earlier. Nearly had to lose over an hour of progress, but eventually managed to get out by dropping an item and then picking it up again (which moves your character ever so slightly). Just in case anyone else has the issue.

Hated the stealth mission to infiltrate the camp, but loved the fight afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I lost hours over a quest bug. Watch out for the quest Robber Baron.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Patch live on PS4 but at 300mbs, I think it's only the hotfix that was released in pc already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Patch live on PS4 but at 300mbs, I think it's only the hotfix that was released in pc already.

Can'tfind any patch notes, only this:
    Kingdom Come Deliverance Update 1.04
    Vavra then explains that another patch will be coming in about two week’s time. Kingdom Come Deliverance update 1.04 he writes “will fix a lot of quest bugs and other issues like frame drops.”

Kingdom Come Deliverance has a lot of potential. We’re determined to play as much as possible before we produce our review, but so far we’re impressed with its ambition. As our editor-in-chief writes: “Essentially, it feels like a historian’s gaming take on the middle-ages, but one which leverages the template of Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls games as a lens with which to view it”.

Stay tuned for patch notes on the incoming Kingdom Come Deliverance update 1.03, and check out our first impressions.

From here: https://www.psu.com/news/kingdom-come-deliverance-update-1-03-1-04-patch-notes/

Yeah the patch versions are a bit messed up. 1.03 is the big one, save on exit, lockpick changes, etc. PC had a hotfix 1.25 I think and that's 1.04 on PS4...I think.

Anyway, R2 slash works much better now. Very unresponsive before the patch. Torch is acting wonky now though, hard to unequip it. Also pressing x to talk to people doesn't work with some people. Had to quest givers who I had to follow around for a while spamming X until it finally worked.

I did turn a corner with the game though. I had felt very underlevelled even though I was more than half way through the main quest. Read that training with Bernard helps. Spent about 20 minutes training with him and my agility, strength, warfare, defense, sword, axe and mace shot up. I can finally use my needle sword effectively. Unlocked some handy perks as well.

Lockpicking is still a balls. Doing a quest to rob a chest while someone sleeps beside it means you have to nail it first time or they'll wake up and freak out to find a half naked Henry, got naked to make less noise :)

After raising my stats a bit, I got the open road going village to village collecting quests and the game has really opened up. The main quests are handy to unlock a horse, bed, combat moves, etc but enjoying it more just travelling around. Need a new sword and armour though, might go after some treasure. Treasure maps actually require work which I like.

Played my first game of dice because of a quest. Won the game by 50 points, was brilliant. Not exactly Gwent but still a lot of fun. I read you can find loaded dice to chest with as well!

Lockpicking has gotten easier for me. Its the first time in a game that I've focused on this. If I see any lock, I make sure to pick it. There is a perk that makes the rotation of the lock shorter. Makes locks significantly easier. I can do hard locks quite easily now. Maybe its far easier with kb/m

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Patch 1.3 for the PC will not be coming out now till next week, gonna hold off till then, was hoping that it would come out for the weekend.

Any recommended side quests?

I highly recommend "Playing with the Devil" which you get from talking to Godwin after doing his part of the main quest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Wacth out for the Robber Baron quest:-
    Completing it a certain way (the most likely way you would chose to complete it) will mean any save after that will not load

To complete the quest and avoid the bug:-
    Chose to duel the main guy when you go to parley. Unfortunately the fun part of beating them all as a group is what seems to break it. The bug kicks in when you close the quest by informing Hanush. Alternatively don't take the quest until it is patched. You know it is coming when Capon tells you to get some clothes from his chest for a meeting with Hanush.

I lost a few hours to that the other day. Shame, its a good quest line.

dont bother with the quest from the charlatan npc its bugged to **** and you cant even close the game with out alt f4'ing

Lone Stone wrote: »
    dont bother with the quest from the charlatan npc its bugged to **** and you cant even close the game with out alt f4'ing

I did that last night, was fine on ps4, actually fun quest. Only problem was the reward, the open chest had shyte and I didn't bother try opening the kicked one. Surely the locked one wouldn't hold a quest reward?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Charlatan went fine for me on PC. Open chest was the reward. I lockpicked the other one and there was nothing of value in it. Just completed 'On the Scent' which closed fine but ended a bit strangely.
    Found Reeky and had a chat. Then we were attacked by three guys.
    I ran at one of them and killed him. Turned around and the other two and reeky had completely disappeared.

Bar that Robber Baron quest I've had no game breaking problems. Fantastic game.

Saw this on Reddit, looks like the torch bugged on the last PS4 update, will be fixed in 1.3

Save and Exit functionality

Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers

Pickpocket minigame improvement

Alchemy recipe for respec potion

Many quest related bug fixes

Torch holding bug fixed (bug created by 1.2.5 for PS4)

German Voiceovers fixed

mewso wrote: »
    Charlatan went fine for me on PC. Open chest was the reward. I lockpicked the other one and there was nothing of value in it. Just completed 'On the Scent' which closed fine but ended a bit strangely.
    Found Reeky and had a chat. Then we were attacked by three guys.
    I ran at one of them and killed him. Turned around and the other two and reeky had completely disappeared.

Bar that Robber Baron quest I've had no game breaking problems. Fantastic game.

Yeah that Reeky one bugged out for me too. First time
    I killed them, talked to Reeky afterwards and sent him to jail. I died later so had to redo it. Killed the 3 lads but Reeky was gone. I don't know if he's in jail or not or what happened to him. Maybe it wasn't a bug and he just legged it, as someone might do in that situation. I doubt it though.

I just found a whole set of armor and the best sword in the 15th century on a road near Nuehof. No lockpicking involved.

I just found a whole set of armor and the best sword in the 15th century on a road near Nuehof. No lockpicking involved.

yea i found that aswell was pretty handy, im gonna hold off for the patch before i play again i am having a bad run of luck with bugs

Seems like a good game from what I played so far but the lockpicking is the biggest load of ****** I have ever witnessed in a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't even have any lockpicks to even try it, where do you get them?
    the Miller gave me some but they were used up in 5 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Got arrested while trying to steal armour in the castle and after my jail sentence they threw me out of the castle so I have no armour or lockpick skills yet.

WTF

Skerries wrote: »
    I don't even have any lockpicks to even try it, where do you get them?
    the Miller gave me some but they were used up in 5 seconds

Most traders have them

• Advertisement

I met the timid knight again and said f*ck it i'll fight him... one riposte and he died... i feel awful now.

Advertisement