Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

2 knobs and revving at pedestrians, come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Silly man posting that video, equally silly boy pulling all the shapes thinking he’s the sham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Silly man posting that video, equally silly boy pulling all the shapes thinking he’s the sham

Wonder if he ever rang his ma back..............:D

Finally got my licence in the post this morning.

Notified my insurance company, i have been given the following without requesting it, cover for a pillion passenger & European cover for 90 days.

I know the European cover is as standard, but is the pillion cover? i know while on a learner permit i wasn't legally allowed to but does it result in an extra premium on renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So weird, my insurance offered me pillion cover as part of the policy, despite not being allowed to have one. Depending on the company I think it's usually part of the policy at no extra fee.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So weird, my insurance offered me pillion cover as part of the policy, despite not being allowed to have one. Depending on the company I think it's usually part of the policy at no extra fee.

Are you with CN?I think they were giving me cover when i got a quote from them.

The addition today was indeed at no extra fee.

Any update on your test date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Who are you with Deckard?

I'm with CN and they won't offer it as standard on their policy, at least they didn't on mine. I don't carry a pillion so I said no when they asked if I needed the cover.

Who are you with Deckard?

I'm with CN and they won't offer it as standard on their policy, at least they didn't on mine. I don't carry a pillion so I said no when they asked if I needed the cover.

With Principal, just sent them the email of my licence this morning to update the policy and the new information was in the attached email.

I don't intend to carry a pillion myself, i'll let it be for now and see will it make any difference come renewal time.

How do you find CN? They were really competing with Principal for my business and it was like a game of chess in the quotations from both once they asked who the other insurer was.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pillion was standard with a full license with any providers ive been with.

The only prerequisite is having the full license

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

I don't carry a pillion so I said no when they asked if I needed the cover.

Same here I got a cheaper quote for not having pillion cover

How do you find CN? They were really competing with Principal for my business and it was like a game of chess in the quotations from both once they asked who the other insurer was.

On renewal last year their best quote was 200 tpf&t on the fireblade just to get the new business, I had been with them previously and on renewal they doubled so I didn't renew, they went all out to get me back, I think the best practice is to shop around every year and pick the best quote that suits you, forget any loyalty to them.
    I'd say I'll be moving to another company again in march :)

• Advertisement

mamax wrote: »
    Same here I got a cheaper quote for not having pillion cover

On renewal last year their best quote was 200 tpf&t on the fireblade just to get the new business, I had been with them previously and on renewal they doubled so I didn't renew, they went all out to get me back, I think the best practice is to shop around every year and pick the best quote that suits you, forget any loyalty to them.
    I'd say I'll be moving to another company again in march :)

€200 is a figure i can only dream of i think, paid about €4/500 for the initial policy last year, i need to double check the exact amount but it is somewhere around that figure for fully comprehensive on the bike & scooter.

Principal on renewal i will be credited for getting the full licence on top of my NCB & a 'renewal bonus'

I tried MCE last year, what put me off was there were meant to be leaving the Irish market, has this happened?

I've been looking at the insurance renewals/quotes thread, no doubt you'll be over there soon, i have to wait until July :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

**** sake

Your one more worried about him paying the bill than the highly flammable liquid all over the place and the fact they have a fairly dodge pump on there hands.

Also not sure sure about sitting on the bike while filling either. Never thought about it either, surprised there isn't a cut off switch on the pumps.

Sadly that was his last upload, he had an accident a week ago or so and was killed.

edit: Third last

Sadly that was his last upload, he had an accident a week ago or so and was killed.

edit: Third last

Sorry wasn't aware, RIP.

Sad to see the lad passed away, but if anything is to be learned.

Dont ever fill your bike up like this. ever.

Pull up leave distance between the pump.

Get off the bike and fill it.

Static can cause a fire easily doing what he did. Also the malfunctioning pump coupled with that would be horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yep, not only the risk of spilling fuel all over your clothes, but if you hop off in a hurry there's a big risk of the bike falling off the stand, fuel everywhere.

Guy seemed like a right knob it has to be said.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'd say the type of person that rides that is looking for a replacement for something else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'd say the type of person that rides that is looking for a replacement for something else :pac:

A GSA??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I like the styling changes to the RIII. Id take one for a spin at least. Buy one .. possibly not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blade1 wrote: »

A GSA??:)

Actually I seen the new BMW 850GSA today, its a beaut!.

If I could afford one I'd have it in a heartbeat over the 1200GSA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

It's a lot nicer than the new 1250GSA. I wish they had brought more of the styling over.

Isn't that the bike with the massive engine problems and recalls ? Engines made in china or something.

Jesus..this place is turning into BMW forum....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

listermint wrote: »
    Isn't that the bike with the massive engine problems and recalls ? Engines made in china or something.

Loncin make a lot of engines now, not just the 850 but a lot of the smaller twins as well. Last I heard they were making something like 15000 BMW engines a year.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Loncin make a lot of engines now, not just the 850 but a lot of the smaller twins as well. Last I heard they were making something like 15000 BMW engines a year.

But there was still wide spread recalls on them oil feed or something. Feels quite important :)

Anyone know what's up here. FZ6, riding along lost all power.

Tried to turn key to switch back on, cluster or nothing coming on, no sound from fuel pump, but the likes of the indicators, horn all working. Was thinking the chip in key went, tried the spare in it and still no dice.

Any ideas?

Fuse..?

Tighten the ground on the battery

• Advertisement

Will check both tomorrow. Two things I hate, taxes and electrical problems on motors.

Lidl have multi meter on special so will pick one up, might come in handy.

I wonder has immobilizer unit gone caput.

Put key in turn, back light and side light comes on, horn, indicators work, flashes on cluster, cluster is displaying time, that's about the most of it. Won't do anything else.

Wasnt any signs of trouble at all, running quite smooth.

Advertisement