Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Snap I done this. You will miss the E51 just a little bit though.:)

It's a great little phone for what it does but internet browsing is fairly rubbish on it.

Also really have had enough of not having a qwerty pad for texting!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Anyone know if there are any iphones 3g or 3gs available in South Dublin, North Wicklow area? Have been ringing around the last few days and nobody seems to have any! And does anyone know why current 02 customers can't upgrade to iphone online?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

If your planning (like I did...) on buying a Speakeasy (or bill pay) iphone and unlocking it, forget it. The latest batch with 3.1 firmware come with modem version 05.11.07 cannot be unlocked. I bought mine last weekend and I was able to jail break it but its stuck on O2. There is no one able to unlock these and none of the groups hacking them will commit to any timeline for a hack to be found. You could be stuck for a long time on O2. Maybe wait for Vodafone to release theirs...

So anyway, €609 down the drain, because O2 is no good to me becuse I wanted to use internet traveling abroad... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

demon3 wrote: »
    If your planning (like I did...) on buying a Speakeasy (or bill pay) iphone and unlocking it, forget it. The latest batch with 3.1 firmware come with modem version 05.11.07 cannot be unlocked. I bought mine last weekend and I was able to jail break it but its stuck on O2. There is no one able to unlock these and none of the groups hacking them will commit to any timeline for a hack to be found. You could be stuck for a long time on O2. Maybe wait for Vodafone to release theirs...

So anyway, €609 down the drain, because O2 is no good to me becuse I wanted to use internet traveling abroad... :(

This info has been available for some time now. You should have done some research before your purchase.

Can you return it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

You can still use the wifi when abroad.

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    This info has been available for some time now. You should have done some research before your purchase.

Can you return it?

I know... I didn't really plan in advance, went into Carphone Warehouse and they had it in stock, so grabbed it then. My own stupidity not to ask them to hold it and go home and do some investigation... :o Just don't want anyone else to make my mistake.

Still, even without 3G its a touch with GPS and camera :) Just an expensive one...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Still, even without 3G its a touch with GPS and camera :)

With wi-fi. Still allot better than carrying a laptop with you!

BTW, if you are travelling to Belgium, Italy or Australia, they are sold unlocked (i bleieve)

TrueDub wrote: »
    You can still use the wifi when abroad.

I travel in UK and HK, I use 3 Ireland and I get free broadband and calls while I travel. Currently using a HTC Diamond 2, wanted to switch to Iphone so I didn't have to carry the HTC and Ipod touch while traveling.

Whats even worse is you can buy unlocked in Hong Kong from Department stores like fortress for hk$6000 / about €550 but I didn't get it last time I was there so I tought I would get it here, hack and use it with little difference in price.... silly me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Bluefoam wrote: »
    BTW, if you are travelling to Belgium, Italy or Australia, they are sold unlocked (i bleieve)

They are sold unlocked in Italy but I was unsuccessful in getting one when I was there. I was in Milan for 3 days at the Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix and I spent a couple of hours trying to find a shop that would sell me one. The only shop that had them in stock were the 3 stores and they only sold them on contracts.

There's a shop called Wind, which seems to be some sort of Carphone Warehouse type store over there and they sold them but the two I went into had none in stock. I actually thought I was close to getting one as I went into one of the Wind stores and the guy directed me to one of the stores that he said did have them. However when I got there I was disappointed. The store was so small I could tell they probably have no phones of any description in stock. Sure enough, no iPhones.

So my advice is to do some research before you go and find out where the stores are. I hadn't done this as I was staying on a main shopping street and had sort of assumed I'd find a shop easily enough that sold them. How wrong I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PuddinBum

Is this the case for the 3g model also?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

PuddinBum wrote: »
    Is this the case for the 3g model also?
    i got 3gs today am after jailbreaking it , am just about to unlock it now..
    ppl need to look at the serial number on the phone ur buying

Advertisement