Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Thats what im hoping, it be on route since yesterday.

Mine came by standard delivery last week. Don't get your hopes up for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Polly74

Just got it :D !!!!!!!!!

And its the right one.....im sure you'll get yours this morning.

Talk to you later

Cool, enjoy! What area was that just delivered to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

Polly74 wrote: »
    Cool, enjoy! What area was that just delivered to?

Im in D14, Clongskleagh

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

Just ordered my 16G!

People GO! GO! GO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

Getting so fed up with the stock issues! I really want a 32gb but they're bloody gold dust!! Aren't Apple launching 3GS in a heap of other countries in the coming weeks? I wonder if they will get the same crappy treatment as Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Polly74

Wahoo, mine arrived today too. What a saga, glad it's over now though. Now what......?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Stock seems to be getting a bit better now.

Was really nice of O2 to give my email address to everyone who wants a 3GS too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I am with Vodafone...

Is there anything stopping me purchasing one of these of 02.IE (prepay) and unlocking & jailbreaking it.

The reason i ask is i went to purchase one and it was asking for my existing phone number , i am presuming that it was to port it to 02 but thats not what i want to do , i wanna stay with Vodafone .

Not hijacking just want info from guys who have gone through the process

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mixednuts wrote: »
    I am with Vodafone...

Is there anything stopping me purchasing one of these of 02.IE (prepay) and unlocking & jailbreaking it.

I don't see why not. You will probably get a SIM with it, but I don't see why you can't jailbreak/unlock it.
    chrislad wrote: »
    Was really nice of O2 to give my email address to everyone who wants a 3GS too!

Oh jebus, don't go there. We've already had handbags over that affair. And I've been accused of working for O2. When everybody knows I work for Vodafone......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

More IPhones coming in tomorrow. Anyone wanna buy one for me in either Galway/Limerick and i'll pay them later ? Thought it was worth asking ,lol :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Polly74 wrote: »
    Now what......?:D
    From Launch day looking on the Forums like nearly every hour. Then all of a sudden i got one. I was left with an Emptiness ha ha.
    What will i do now lol i thought. But it soon passes and life goes back to normal except with a shiny new phone. That you have to charge every day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I was in Dundrum on Friday and I was walking past the O2 shop and I was tempted to walk in an ask if they had any iPhone 3Gs 32GB's. However I wasn't really planning on buying one so I'd have looked like a bit of a fool had I just asked, they say "yes" and I just go "oh ok" and walk out. Plus I didn't want to get tempted to buy one. Although I've started checking the O2 website each day.

But I will be strong. I'm going to Italy in a few weeks so I may grab one there if I can find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hey guys, I was just in the Carphone warehouse in the Parkway, Limerick. My other half was getting her upgrade. They have a 32GB 3GS left in stock if any one is looking for it.

Sickened im not due an upgrade until next month :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I was in Dundrum on Friday and I was walking past the O2 shop and I was tempted to walk in an ask if they had any iPhone 3Gs 32GB's. However I wasn't really planning on buying one so I'd have looked like a bit of a fool had I just asked, they say "yes" and I just go "oh ok" and walk out. Plus I didn't want to get tempted to buy one. Although I've started checking the O2 website each day.

But I will be strong. I'm going to Italy in a few weeks so I may grab one there if I can find any.
    whats the point? unlocked, but you can do that anyway. And its much cheaper even for prepay in ireland. 600 > 1000 TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

This is ridiculous, these things are like golddust. Would I be able to order one off the English Apple site and unlock it? I was planning to unlock one if i bought I got one here anyway coz I want to stay with Vodafone. Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

miralize wrote: »
    whats the point? unlocked, but you can do that anyway. And its much cheaper even for prepay in ireland. 600 > 1000 TBH

I'm not sure I understand you here. A factory unlocked one in Italy is about 640 euro for the 16GB and 719 euro for the 32GB.

Yeah it's a bit more expensive than the O2 pre-pay but not massively so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I've pretty much given up untill they are available to buy properly, I'm in the UK mainly during the week so I can't order one online because I wont be here to answer door or go to collection point and weekends are just a joke.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm able to get the 32gig for €199 thanks to a nice trade in deal in carphone warehouse, I'm awfully tempted to pick one up.

Unfortunately though my bill would be through the rough, all my text receivers are meteor, which I have free texts at the moment on my current bill, so I think I might have to hold off, the girl in carphone warehouse swords said she had been getting steady stock in at the end of every week..

Hay guys,

Does anyone know what time the o2 store closes in Rathmines, they are not answering.

I got the phone but the wrong sim card was sent out :( so now i need to fill out all the forms again and get a new sim.

But I need to know what time they close.

Hay guys,

Does anyone know what time the o2 store closes in Rathmines, they are not answering.

I got the phone but the wrong sim card was sent out :( so now i need to fill out all the forms again and get a new sim.

But I need to know what time they close.

or what time any store closes at ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KalEll1981

Looks like the website has some stock at the moment. 16GB and 32GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Quick reply needed...

I am on the verge of getting a 32gb from the 02 Website....

I am with Vodafone and i am gonna software unlock it BUT .....

I have read the Apple will soon encrypt the baseband which will render all software unlocked phones useless...

Anyone know if this is true before i make my purchase??

QUICK HELP :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Mine Arrived!! :D

Quick question though - filling out my forms here to send back to get my number changed over. And on the insurance one it's asking for my IMEI number, anyone know where I can find that on the iphone?

Can't seem to find it on the sim pack anywhere. There's a Sim number but nothing labelled as the IMEI number.

Want to get this posted back today so I can get my own number sent asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mine Arrived!! :D

Quick question though - filling out my forms here to send back to get my number changed over. And on the insurance one it's asking for my IMEI number, anyone know where I can find that on the iphone?

Can't seem to find it on the sim pack anywhere. There's a Sim number but nothing labelled as the IMEI number.

Want to get this posted back today so I can get my own number sent asap!

It's in Settings -> General -> About. 4th from the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Cheers - found it on the box! Not my brightest moment!

Just wondering does anyone know whether you have to send proof of identity and proof of address tih your Customer Agreement?

On the form it says "Proof of Identity:" and "Proof of Address:" yet doesn't specify if you are to include a copy of passport and bill or not!?

Sorry for the questions - just don't want to give them an excuse to delay porting my number over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Could you not pop in to a shop and save yourself all the hassle? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Does anybody know offhand if anywhere in the south side of Dublin (city centre preferrably) has the 32gig 3Gs model in stock?

Apologies in advance if its a silly question.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Does anybody know offhand if anywhere in the south side of Dublin (city centre preferrably) has the 32gig 3Gs model in stock?

Apologies in advance if its a silly question.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

07 August 2009
    15:30:51 Received Your order has been received by our warehouse. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been accepted.

O2 took my money from CC and still have this message since last Friday. Anyone know how long will take them to email my order has been accepted? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I'm not sure I understand you here. A factory unlocked one in Italy is about 640 euro for the 16GB and 719 euro for the 32GB.

Yeah it's a bit more expensive than the O2 pre-pay but not massively so.

Have you a link where to buy ?

Advertisement