Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

I just ordered online now. Have been waiting months and been in to Carphone Warehouse in Athlone/Roscommon/Carrick-on-Shannon almost weekly.

I am not an existing pay monthly O2 customer - does anyone know how long it takes to make the changeover/porting once the phone is delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

This thread here may help answer that question: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055681801

My order online has just said that my iPhone has been shipped. So does that mean I'll get it tomorrow or does it take 2 days for An Post to deliver it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Mine has been shipped too. I think they say it takes 3 working days. One thing to bear in mind is that they will require someone to be there to sign for it. If not, you'll have to go pick it up from the depot.

According to the An Post.ie tracker page, the phone is "On route to customer". I hope this is an accurate description meaning it's in their van on the way to my place. And not "It's actually just still lying around the depot waiting for someone to decide to deliver it".

• Advertisement

If you click on your tracker number again, you'll get the full detail of where your package is. Most likely it's in your local depot. Mine is anyway, but wasn't delivered with normal post today, so either it'll be here tomorrow or an SDS van will drop it off....hopefully the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 10 iphonefreak

There are currently iphones for sale on the 02 online shop

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

AlanD wrote: »
    If you click on your tracker number again, you'll get the full detail of where your package is. Most likely it's in your local depot. Mine is anyway, but wasn't delivered with normal post today, so either it'll be here tomorrow or an SDS van will drop it off....hopefully the latter
    Mine has being delivered :-D

Just posted back the forms. Do they post me out another sim to port my number or does the one they gave me just switch over???

Hopefully I'll have mine in a few hours. I think I ordered around the same time as you AgentGreen so there should be no excuse for me having to wait an extra day or more.

Regarding the An Post tracker, it's good, but not terribly accurate/reliable. I sold a few things on eBay a number of months ago and used registered post to ensure the items didn't get lost in the post when I was sending them out. There were a few times I was checking on the status and it said the item was in the depot or hadn't been collected or something, but when I contacted the buyer they said they had received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dizart

I've ordered one yesterday morning, faxed my details this morning...no change to a status online:
    Processing Your order has been received and is being processed.

how long would it take them to proceed..?

• Advertisement

Ok, received my iPhone earlier today and magically unlocked it without a hitch. Am using it on Vodafone now and can send and receive text messages without issue.

I noticed O2 bundled in some registration form that they expect me to send back. I wonder do I still need to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

agentgreen wrote: »
    Mine has being delivered :-D

Just posted back the forms. Do they post me out another sim to port my number or does the one they gave me just switch over???
    Any one know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

i got a call from corporate o2 yesterday around 5pm and had my phone in the morning at 8am. got a black 32gb :)

Quick service no waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

I walked in about 11am yesterday to Nutgrove and picked up a 32gig no problem at all. Used my upgrade finally!

Nutgrove sold out about 12:30pm....

The very nice assistant said they don't get the queues outside the door because most people go to Dundrum or Blanchardstown O2 experience stores.

30 people queued yesterday in Blanch...

However, the people who don't get a Phone in the main stores usually drive to the county stores..

I hear carphone warehouse have nothing until October...

Jokah wrote: »

I hear carphone warehouse have nothing until October...

I heard the same thing. I called their Sandyford office and was just told they had none. Called the Carrickmines store and they said they won't have any until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Oh and I was in the Apple Store in Exeter last week and I asked one of the assistants "I presume you are having the same problem here as we are in Ireland. That is, shortage of iPhones around".

The guy said he had about a 100 3GS phones out the back and did I want one?

I think it is very unfair to existing customers on the O2 network who can't order their phone online.....

I mean, like many out there, I am sure they have been on the Network for a long long time and not to be able to give your loyal customers a chance to order from the comfort from their own home and just wait?

I would happily wait 4-5 weeks for the phone if I could order it online, and not just constantly go into a store every week trying to see if they have stock....

I don't think one can blame O2 for the shortage as Apple are the culprits there, but at least O2 give your existing customers a fairer chance.

Shame on you.

I still don't know why Apple either don't sell the phones unlocked to somewhere like the Carphone Warehouse and/or the network operators. I know O2 probably paid them a fortune but why not just let any operator have the iPhone and if they want to invest in the infrastructure, they can.

It's such a shame that trying to get an unlocked iPhone is almost like trying to buy cocaine!

Any news on when the latest firmware will be cracked? My iPhone came with the 3.0.1 software so I was able to unlock it but I suspect if I update the software the unlock won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It's such a shame that trying to get an unlocked iPhone is almost like trying to buy cocaine!

Not a great comparison, cocaine appears to be freely available...

I reckon though at somepoint, something will change and make this hacking unnecessary. Either Apple will start selling the iPhone to other operators, or they'll start making unlocked ones available to buy from their online store or something. From a business point of view it doesn't seem to make sense to limit themselves long term to only one operator. At least that's the way it seems. Surely they'd generate more money if more people were buying them?

It reminds me of how a few years ago we used to have to use dial up internet where we had to pay a per minute charge, which was eventually phased out and replaced with a standard charge where you could be online almost as much as you wanted. And now we have broadband. Looking back, it seems ridiculous.

Same for Hotmail where the standard account was quite small and you had to pay money to have a 1GB account or something like that. Now you sign up with Gmail and the account is a few gigs already and is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dizart

beware...if you are recieving email regarding CC statement and proof if ID..
    I have faxed yesterday morning, twice afternoon (after conversation with customer care). Rang this morning, they still havent recived my docs!
    Gave me another fax number, I have faxed twice this morning. See what happens.

you have to follow-up with o2 if you faxing docs.

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Not a great comparison, cocaine appears to be freely available...

Agreed, iphone is available if you look for it properly. I swear i looked 2-3 days and got it. It takes time and effort and to contact right places.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The 02 Store in Rathfarnham Shopping Center has loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Does anybody know if the Dundrum store has any? Long shot, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Agreed, iphone is available if you look for it properly. I swear i looked 2-3 days and got it. It takes time and effort and to contact right places.

You were lucky, its not as easy as you think. Especially for people who can buy it online from 02. This whole shortage thing is just publicity, come christmas there will be loads available. Then o2 and apple can say they had high sales a christmas for the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Hi All

If you looking to get a Iphone and thinking ill leave it xmas DONT i have seen what Apple are given to O2 Ireland and its not much more may come up later but for now it not much get in to one of the store now and get your name down for one

yogidc26 wrote: »
    Hi All

If you looking to get a Iphone and thinking ill leave it xmas DONT i have seen what Apple are given to O2 Ireland and its not much more may come up later but for now it not much get in to one of the store now and get your name down for one

What :)

jd83 wrote: »
    You were lucky, its not as easy as you think. Especially for people who can buy it online from 02. This whole shortage thing is just publicity, come christmas there will be loads available. Then o2 and apple can say they had high sales a christmas for the iphone.

To be honest it is easy as i just ordered another one today. that's 2 32gb i phones in less than a week. and no time wasting its all over the phone and by card not any hassle as i did to get my one, i waited outside at 7.30am to get one from dundrum about 2 months ago. so i do still say iphones are available if you look around carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Was in a shop today and had a 32Gb 3GS iPhone in my hands, factory unlocked.

Was going to buy it until he told me the price - the equivalent of 840 Euro. :( As badly as I want one, I'm not prepared to pay that much.

Didn't think it would be that expensive out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I've just ordered a 16GB on O2 to replace my iPod Touch and Nokia E51 in one swoop!

Need to sell the touch now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I've just ordered a 16GB on O2 to replace my iPod Touch and Nokia E51 in one swoop!
    Snap I done this. You will miss the E51 just a little bit though.:)

Advertisement