Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stretcher46

i did it online mate. the email is very plain and doesnt look like its from o2. but i could be wrong. its hard enough to get an iphone without getting riped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JStand

Hi I got that email I rang them to make sure its legit first though. I faxed yesterday but have not heard anything since

so i take it its legit so. did o2 recognise it as there's

yep! This is actually discussed a few pages back apparently they do security check on random buyers we're just the unlucky ones lol:mad:

sound thanks mate

• Advertisement

Well what a frustrating experience this is. After 2 days on the phone looking for confirmation that they received my fax(they told me they would call me back though they never did), my order has now been cancelled because i did not provide them with the information they required:rolleyes:

well i sent that fax this morning an within an hour i got a confirmation email to say my order is going ahead :D. but it also says in the contract because im moving from metor il need to fill out more forms and post it back to them to set up my new number that will probably take another week don't you know :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Missed delivery of my phone yesterday but picked it up today...... I'm in love with the shiny little bugger already.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

has anyone had any luck buying in an O2 store this week ? I haven't tried (yet), have been hitting the O2 site every day but no luck.

I'm specifically looking for the 32GB 3Gs.

ordered a 32GB GS this morning on the O2 site. Seemed to have both 16gb and 32gb models in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

well i sent that fax this morning an within an hour i got a confirmation email to say my order is going ahead :D. but it also says in the contract because im moving from metor il need to fill out more forms and post it back to them to set up my new number that will probably take another week don't you know :mad:

BTW I had this too as I was moving from VF, they do give you a temporary o2 sim card and it's fully enabled so you can use the iPhone as you would expect, only draw back is that calls etc will still go to your old numnber so you need to keep 2 phones for a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I moved from Meteor pre-paid and just rang them when the phone arrived and they ported it over in under 10min.

s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

Finally got a 32GB black iPhone this morning in Donaghmede this morning I tried Northside but didn't have any in yet! Happy days now after a long wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ronanr

I am informed now that some O2 stores might have the 3GS in this Wednesday or Thursday (ie the 16th or 17th of September)

Does that tally with what anybody else has been told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

my mate got one last week in o2 in dundalk, he was lead to beleive that they finally have been able to meet demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Anyone know when they are going to make more available online? The website keeps saying Out of stock.

Only suggestion I can make is to check the site first thing in the morning.

I did this and 2 Thursdays ago early morning they had stock on the site, I had no problems ordering (once I moved to IE from Firefox...) and my 3GS was delivered the following wednesday.

I wouldn't rely on the stores for stock, they don't seem to know themselves when they're getting stock. The chap in the store in Blanch told me he had to go up to a store in Dundalk to get stock because they were sent 2 iphones and had a queue of 20-odd people looking for them.

I briefly thought about looking in the shops but I don't think I could be arsed going on a wild goose chase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

I briefly thought about looking in the shops but I don't think I could be arsed going on a wild goose chase :)
    I got one in CPW the other day, I had to buy the 32GB one as Its all they had left. finally I have no idea why it took so long to get into the shops

I just phoned a few Carphone Warehouses. The first one didn't answer and the 2nd have no iPhones in stock. I'm guessing waiting for O2 to make some more available on their website is the way to go.

I wish to feck they'd hurry up and do it. I had the option to buy one a week or so ago but I held off as I was going to Italy and wanted to get an unlocked one there. Unfortunately I couldn't get one so I sort of waited for nothing.

But sure Murphy's law, I bet had I ordered one from O2 I'd have got one for free or something in Milan :)

I guess it's a case of refreshing the iPhone page on the O2 website every 10 minutes then. Why do I get the impression this isn't the case with O2 UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

the 02 website has both the 16 and 32 gb 3gs at the moment

the 02 website has both the 16 and 32 gb 3gs at the moment

Cheers Donnelly. It's funny as I only checked it about 20 mins ago and it was out of stock. Anyway I've placed my order, haven't received the email confirmation yet but it's only been a few minutes. Let's hope the order goes through nicely.

Just checked the status of it and it's marked as "Processing" and says it can't be cancelled as a result. Hope that means it's a good thing and will be accepted and dispatched soon.

FYI: I phoned the Carphone Warehouse in Carrickmines and they said they don't expect to have any until October! Not sure if he meant that store or the Carphone Warehouse in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Cheers Donnelly. It's funny as I only checked it about 20 mins ago and it was out of stock. Anyway I've placed my order, haven't received the email confirmation yet but it's only been a few minutes. Let's hope the order goes through nicely.

Just checked the status of it and it's marked as "Processing" and says it can't be cancelled as a result. Hope that means it's a good thing and will be accepted and dispatched soon.

FYI: I phoned the Carphone Warehouse in Carrickmines and they said they don't expect to have any until October! Not sure if he meant that store or the Carphone Warehouse in general.
    Let us know how your order goes... I ordered mine a hour ago and no email yet :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I spoke to the central Car Phone Warehouse help line yesterday evening and the kind lady on the phone said that their warehouse had iPhones in stock waiting for delivery to the stores this week sometime.

She recommended I call the local stores each day this week to see if they get delivered. Called one this morning and he said it's usually Monday/Wednesday/Friday when they get them in.

So some should be delivered this week to CPW

Not taking the chance myself, so ordered online!

My status has changed to pending....

My order has changed to pending. I got an email confirmation about 30 mins to an hour after placing the order.

Order has now changed to "Received" by the warehouse and apparently I will get an email to say when it's been accepted.

Order has now changed to "Received" by the warehouse and apparently I will get an email to say when it's been accepted.
    Same as...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Fighting...the....temptation...

• Advertisement

Status has changed to "Processing". Apparently the order cannot now be cancelled as it is being packed and prepared for delivery.

Advertisement