Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Well lads I bought a 32GB 3gs for 690 (Inc. post) all together on eBay :) THought it would have come in at a nice 610 but sure, not too over budget and I should get it on Thursday/Friday, Yey :D

There is a specific £GS stock thread already open. Go to the o2 website and call the store, if you can get through :p Go to the o2 website forums for official stock updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Could you not pop in to a shop and save yourself all the hassle? ;)

Work 9-5.30 - and nowhere near an o2 shop so I'd be quicker sending off than waiting til Sat! Sent it off yesterday so hopefully shouldn't be waiting too long!
    07 August 2009
    15:30:51 Received Your order has been received by our warehouse. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been accepted.

O2 took my money from CC and still have this message since last Friday. Anyone know how long will take them to email my order has been accepted? :confused:

Well I ordered mine last thing on Thurs evening, the money went out on Friday and received the phone yesterday!

I never received an email to say my order had been accepted - twas only when I tracked my order yesterday that I saw it had been with An Post since Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

Well I ordered mine last thing on Thurs evening, the money went out on Friday and received the phone yesterday!

I never received an email to say my order had been accepted - twas only when I tracked my order yesterday that I saw it had been with An Post since Friday.

You're so Lucky! Still no notification from them yet. No sure how long I can wait.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's (sort of) surprising that almost 2 months after the 3Gs was launched, people are still having problems getting their hands on one.

I wonder if people in the UK and other european countries are having the same difficulties getting a 3Gs as we are here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's (sort of) surprising that almost 2 months after the 3Gs was launched, people are still having problems getting their hands on one.

I wonder if people in the UK and other european countries are having the same difficulties getting a 3Gs as we are here.

I know guys who have traveled to Belgium twice and had no luck getting one (out of stock) , the 2 Belgian suppliers have none on their websites for sale and the shops have waiting lists ,.....I cant comment on ITALY .

m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

mixednuts wrote: »
    I know guys who have traveled to Belgium twice and had no luck getting one (out of stock) , the 2 Belgian suppliers have none on their websites for sale and the shops have waiting lists ,.....I cant comment on ITALY .m.

yep, that would be me:D

Yeah, i know a guy who got one there, but he emailed one of the shops weeks ago and they put him on a waiting list, and emailed him when they received stock..

They are still next to impossible to get in Belgium, and its hit and miss in Italy, with suburbs and smaller towns having more stock available from what I have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

Ok heres my story so far.....

I ordered my phone on-line, a 32gb 3GS. I filled in on the web form that I wanted to take my number across from Vodafone and add it to O2.
    That was grand and the phone came last Friday with the new sim card. I was told that I could use the sim card with the 086 number while I was waiting on my 087 number to be porter over.

So that's what I did, i registered the phone in itunes and activated it etc and started using the 086 sim card....then on Sunday I decided to check on-line my billing information etc, I was shocked when I saw that I had billed up 69 euro in data charges......I thought this was wrong because with the iPhone you are supposed to get 1 gb of data usage which should be more than enough for the month. Then I saw that I only had 50 min and 50 texts.

They had obviously put me on the wrong tariff so I rang O2. They were able to tell me that they gave me the wrong sim card and that I would need to call into a store and get a new one ....ahhhhhhh

So, I called into the store on Monday and got a new sim card, in the mean time the sim I had been using was deactivated so I couldn't use it anymore so the iPhone cant make calls.
    That night i put the new sim card in the phone and tried to activate it etc, it still was not picking up the network....Although the 087 number hadn't ported over yet i was again told that I should have been able to use the phone with the 086 number which i wasn't able to this time unlike the first sim.

Last night i tried again, I uninstalled itunes, completely wiped my iPhone of all data and settings.
    I downloaded itunes again and activated the phone to itunes. Once done i got the message on the phone "Waiting for Activation, this may take some time". What does sometime mean ????

Now this morning, the port has gone through from vodafone, and the iPhone is still not activated, even though i followed all the steps in itunes. I am now without a working phone, this is my major grip, i have no phone, which I need for my job.
    I rang O2 and they put me through to apple where I was speaking to an American girl who hadn't a clue, she was reading from a script, and was rude. She started to give me some advice and I would tell her that i tried that, but she would continue to tell me even though i had told her to stop, very annoying. So apple are of no help to me, they cant even tell me what the message on the phone means. Just keeps telling me to activate through itunes "Which I have done (TWICE)" with this new sim.

I read about all the horror stories on the forums but I really didn't think this would happen to me, and it all started with the wrong sim card being sent out, and a series of events to make a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Could anyone let me know if there are any success stories when it comes to actually buying an iphone in a shop? I went into all the places that would sell one in Tralee and they all were like 'uh usually we get them in at the end of the week but who knows'. I mean what the hell is that about like? Can you book one? Erg, so ****in annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Steoob wrote: »
    Could anyone let me know if there are any success stories when it comes to actually buying an iphone in a shop? I went into all the places that would sell one in Tralee and they all were like 'uh usually we get them in at the end of the week but who knows'. I mean what the hell is that about like? Can you book one? Erg, so ****in annoying.

I bought one a few weeks back change my mind and resold it on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Steoob wrote: »

You need to go into a store and find out when they will be in stock, then queue up the next morning. That's what I had to do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

I'm in the same situation, problem is the O2 guys in the shop are not very forthcoming with details about when the next delivery will be in....I just get the usual "we don't know" which I'm sure many others have heard.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

i thought apple was having serious battery and temp issues with the 3gs and that they were not going to sell anymore untill they got the battery quality up a notch.

That sms security hack didnt seem too appealing either. maybe when they sort this they will start sending them out again.

or am behind the times and they have fixed these issues.
    I heard if it gets too cold or hot it doesnt work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

i thought apple was having serious battery and temp issues with the 3gs and that they were not going to sell anymore untill they got the battery quality up a notch.

Not sure where you heard that, have not seen anywhere that Apple where stopping selling until fixing these issues...

Not sure where you heard that, have not seen anywhere that Apple where stopping selling until fixing these issues...

Well they are having problems with there batteries in there IPods, where they are only offering refunds to people with exploding batteries if they sign a gagging order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Well they are having problems with there batteries in there IPods, where they are only offering refunds to people with exploding batteries if they sign a gagging order :(

But shops are only getting 1 or 2 in every week or 2. At least if they some sort of system so you could put your name down you might have a chance of getting one some time this year without standing outside every O2/Carphonewarehouse shop in your area like a tit for weeks on end...

Ive given up - i will stick to my Sony Ericsson! :)

yes saw that one case, but still have not heard of Apple suspending selling any iphones or iPods...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

07 August 2009
    15:30:51 Received Your order has been received by our warehouse. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been accepted.

O2 took my money from CC and still have this message since last Friday. Anyone know how long will take them to email my order has been accepted? :confused:

I'm still waiting for myorder and it has been a week now. order status still the same. I won't have a present for my birthday this Saturday then. :mad::(:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

Just thinking...

If you know anyone living up north you can buy from Apple.co.uk

2-3 day delivery and 8 euro cheaper than the O2 Prepay price lol :D

They've even got stock right now :O

Just got my 32GB Black delievered from DPD :D:D Really light, Small box !

I don't wanna open it yet.....lol

• Advertisement

My IPhone is detected in iTunes ut I have no o2 SIM card so no activation :( AND no o2 sote in Nenagh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Zuisse

I've been ringing around everwhere today (most stores don't bother to answer the phone :mad: - guy in Carphone Warehouse (Newbridge I think) said that they don't expect delivery until September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

I had the last one, got robbed there a couple of months back. i decided I'd wait and get upgraded, each time I go to the shop in castlebar I gt a different answer, come in thursday/friday we'll have loads, now seemingly they don't know when they're getting them in. I have all my work information and contact details ready to sync onto the new one so its bloody annoying.
    There must be something wrong as I triend a few shops around connaght and no joy...
    To be honest I'll get to the stage where I'll just go and get another phone, as Im depending on a really poor quailty cheap nokia at moment.

Does anyone know whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Zuisse

O2 have 3gs iphones available to buy now on their website - they don't seem to be allowing existing O2 customers to purchase via the website though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Zuisse wrote: »
    O2 have 3gs iphones available to buy now on their website - they don't seem to be allowing existing O2 customers to purchase via the website though

saw that alright, I wonder why they dont allow it?

Just started my trek today in trying to find a 3gs. TBH, the shops are a dead loss, went into my nearest one, to be greeted by 'we're not sure, best go on 'talk to o2' and see what you can find out...' . I did that anyways, but my account is still awaiting activation on the site...

Whatever happened to the old, we have X people waiting, you are X+1 and heres your receipt, we expect your order to be fulfilled in X weeks. I really dont have the fcking time or patience to be going down to a shop or checking my inbox for a fcking stock list. Heres my money, tell me when the phone will be ready, cheers and thanks.

not in the least bit impressed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

32Gb available on line at the moment. Just ordered on myself.

16Gb now out of stock after being available for a day and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

From what I gather, ordering for O2.ie is the single stupidest thing anyone can do. You should charge them interest because all they do is hold onto your money for about a week before admitting they've none in stock - then refund you.

Crock of S**TE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Better then having to get up a 6am every few days for the privilege of maybe being served by someone in an O2 shop because they are (hopefully) getting 2 or 3 phones in.

It's all a lottery. At least they are taking orders online.

CPW will not have any until September anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

would it be possible to order an iPhone as a new customer and then transfer your existing number across to it?
    i'd prefer to order it online and know it'll turn up eventually rather than the lottery of turning up at shops at 7am!
    t

Advertisement