Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

I've decided I'm going to get one and now that I've decided to buy I of course want to already have it in my hands! I've phoned a LOAD of shops and they all seem to have sold out already. Has anyone got any inside info\spotted any in store around the place and if so where?! (Preferably in Dublin)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Gambler wrote: »
    I've decided I'm going to get one and now that I've decided to buy I of course want to already have it in my hands! I've phoned a LOAD of shops and they all seem to have sold out already. Has anyone got any inside info\spotted any in store around the place and if so where?! (Preferably in Dublin)

Thanks!

your best bet is to keep an eye on the 'stock' thread in the o2 forums(although, the moderators don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about..they put up an 'updated' list yesterday morning showing what shops had stock..I rang the first 5, they said they had none and hadn't had any in a few days!)

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4350

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Thanks, even more depressing reading that thread. The 2nd post is quite funny when you then look at the recent posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Apple mustn't like making money if they cant stock up stores properly for a product launch.

Yeah, I have to say I am actually switching networks to O2 to purchase the iPhone but find it a bit worrying that no-one in O2 seems to know where (if anywhere) you can actually get one at the moment. I've phoned O2 themselves directly and a ton of shops at this stage and no-one seems to know what's going on at all. Even Paddy on the thread linked above seems to have no real idea what's going on (not that I blame him in the slightest, seems like a good sort who's dealing with a bad situation)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

My local stores aren't even answering their phones! :mad:

• Advertisement

can't post on talk2o2 but someone might want to let them know carphone warehouse got 15 this morning and I just got one!

whoops, meant to say it was the liffey valley cpw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Any white ones? Will you be using it on o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Also did they get any 32GB's in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gambler wrote: »
    can't post on talk2o2 but someone might want to let them know carphone warehouse got 15 this morning and I just got one!
    I got the last available one in CPW on Henry St this lunchtime. :D

Somebody just posted on O2 that CPW in Blanch have them. It does seem that CPW all got stock this morning - whether they have any left is up for grabs.

• Advertisement

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Any white ones? Will you be using it on o2?
    Dave6195 wrote: »
    Also did they get any 32GB's in?

Will be using it on O2 (Just switched from 3) and to be honest I didn't ask about any other models (Sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

But what size did you get? 16 or 32?

Oh sorry, I went for the 16gb model (My music collection could fit on a 1GB stick at the moment :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dolby

I just got my new phone, its a i phone:D

Blanch got 16 today, think only 2/3 left in stock, only 16gb no 32gb or whites!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

I managed to get one in carephone warehouse Blanch they got 10 in today only 1 left as of 7pm. Liffey Valley have some too....Santry and Finglas CPW dont have any

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The lack of information or communication from O2 is shockingly bad for a communications company. No-one has any idea what's going on over there and Carphone Warehouse seem to be a much better bet than the official supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Called o2 Letterkenny on Saturday, they said they were definately coming in on Monday, didnt come in and they said they wouldn't have any for another week, got the call on Tuesday saying one came in so I had to drop everything and come in, ridiculous like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beegee1234

Called CPW customer service before lunch and they said there're 2 16GB 3GS in stock in Liffey Valley. Went there and been told they are on hold for someone. How annoying is that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Rang CPW this morning for a stock check - they had 4 left in Blackpool in Cork.

Rang them and the held it for me - had it an hour later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Do they sell the white 3GS up north on pay as you go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

o2online seem to be accepting orders for 32 GB iphones-wait and see if they confirm the order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Most 02 stores had 32GB 3GS this morning but are most likely sold out now. The bigger stores got roughly a dozen but were sold out within the hour. Anyone looking for one, the only place with availability is online.

However, one caveat, you cannot purchase one online if you are on an upgrade pay monthly. You can only upgrade from a shop.

The staff at 02 forum posted an update last night indicating availability this morning so fair play to them and those who got to a shop early, hopefully they got one. It looks like they will be all sold out by noon again - whether online or in shops.

Looks like from the latest reports that the online store is now also sold out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭King Ian

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    However, one caveat, you cannot purchase one online if you are on an upgrade pay monthly. You can only upgrade from a shop

I've always wondered about the rationale for this. Can anyone tell me?

King Ian wrote: »
    I've always wondered about the rationale for this. Can anyone tell me?

According to some of the moderators on the 02 forums, "It requires connections to our internal systems that the current version of the website just cannot handle right now."

See this thread

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4350&page=60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Whats the big supply problem with these phones? Why do Apple launch this product a month ago if they still cannot deal with the demand 3 or 4 weeks later?
    Seems a bit ridiculous and will only push some people to competitor handsets..

Also - in my experience the O2 shops havent a clue, saying they will have phones in on Friday then you ring them and they dont and dont expect any in either!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

su_dios wrote: »
    Do they sell the white 3GS up north on pay as you go?

Yep, £440.40 16GB

£538.30 32GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Funny how they seem to be able to release a small amout of phones on a daily basis , just enough to be available but not enough to supply demand. Is this a marketing ploy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

eth0_ wrote: »
    Yep, £440.40 16GB

£538.30 32GB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cleo_mcdowell

There is a great topic after being raised over on the o2.ie forum.

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4865

In my opinion, this is the sort of thread that needs to be appearing on the o2 forum as it is comments like this from o2 customers that will eventually make o2 stand up and take notice.

if you have an official forum login and agree with this post please support the original poster "Villain" (i would but don't have a login)

Advertisement