Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

trev44 wrote: »
    would it be possible to order an iPhone as a new customer and then transfer your existing number across to it?
    i'd prefer to order it online and know it'll turn up eventually rather than the lottery of turning up at shops at 7am!
    t

Afraid not, you will need to apply for a new contract before they send you the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Ordered my 32GB 3GS online yesterday :D. Hopefully get it Friday, but from seeing other posts above that doesn't seem too likely.

What do I have to do when I get it? Go to an 02 store and get my number transferred over, or is that all looked after?
    Is there anything I can do now that will speed up the process when I do get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

jimbling wrote: »
    Ordered my 32GB 3GS online yesterday :D. Hopefully get it Friday, but from seeing other posts above that doesn't seem too likely.

What do I have to do when I get it? Go to an 02 store and get my number transferred over, or is that all looked after?
    Is there anything I can do now that will speed up the process when I do get it?

Hey Jimbling, I also ordered mine yesterday online (32 gb also)....however I have not heard anything since from them, not even an email confirming the order. Should I be worried, have you heard anything from them since (email or change in order status etc.)!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Like the previous two posters I ordered mine online on Wednesday. Was showing as 'processing' for 24 hours, which I'm told was security clearance.

Order was updated this morning to 'received' and then 'pending'

I got worried because the online stock had since disappeared and also because of horror stories surrounding delivery but just had another update in the last few minutes as follows;

"Your order has been packed and is being prepared for delivery"

So hopefully Monday/Tuesday delivery for anyone who ordered on Wednesday. Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

fdevine wrote: »
    Like the previous two posters I ordered mine online on Wednesday. Was showing as 'processing' for 24 hours, which I'm told was security clearance.

Order was updated this morning to 'received' and then 'pending'

I got worried because the online stock had since disappeared and also because of horror stories surrounding delivery but just had another update in the last few minutes as follows;

"Your order has been packed and is being prepared for delivery"

So hopefully Monday/Tuesday delivery for anyone who ordered on Wednesday. Happy days

Same thing with me.....thankfully order went through today, got an email and it seemed to update the online tracker!!! Just waiting for the AnPost tracking number now but will hopefully receive the phone early next week :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tracking number received. Saying it's shipped, so here's hoping for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

Was out of stock on the website this morning but now in stock orderable black white 32, 16...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

j2dab wrote: »
    Was out of stock on the website this morning but now in stock orderable black white 32, 16...
    Ahhhhh, where do you see white? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Just ordered a 16gb Black online.

Now the waiting game!

Just ordered a 16gb Black online.

Now the waiting game!
    Is it just me, or is white not an option?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

I dont realise how lucky i was, the day they came out, i was working and was more or less told by my team leader when i asked to finish for a half hour to pick it up, that there would be plenty available when i finshed. so when i finished in the afternoon i popped down to my local o2 store in dundalk and they had sold out of the 32 gigs, so i decided to take a spin down to drogheda and lucky enough, i was the last person to get one there, and since then, i've heard nothing but complaints about the 32 gigs not being in stock anywhere.

SirDarren wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is white not an option?

Didn't see any options for White but I wasn't really looking as I wanted black.

yeah i wouldnt bother with the white one i heard that they look decent in pictures, but when you see one and physically hold it, its meant to be pretty bad lookng as opposed to the black one

dougs09 wrote: »
    yeah i wouldnt bother with the white one i heard that they look decent in pictures, but when you see one and physically hold it, its meant to be pretty bad lookng as opposed to the black one
    Oh right.

I just heard that they don't smudge like the black, and of course you can't see scratches near as bad. =/

And they're a bit different than a usual black phone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

yahhhh i got one i got one :D !!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Oh right.

I just heard that they don't smudge like the black, and of course you can't see scratches near as bad. =/

And they're a bit different than a usual black phone. :(

Not so I'm afraid, any scratches on the white iPhone, get filled with dirt etc and are quite visible...

PlayGirl wrote: »
    yahhhh i got one i got one :D !!
    Online or in shop? :)
    Not so I'm afraid, any scratches on the white iPhone, get filled with dirt etc and are quite visible...
    Well I know what you're saying but I don't know how you'd get it that dirty for a long time.

And even then you can just clean it.

Whereas with the black the scratches stay there permanently noticeable, and once again the smudging is supposed to be awful.

Also, the white is pretty slick!

Compare them:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gallery/360/#white

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Also, the white is pretty slick!
    Black is for men; white is for girls*.

That is all. :pac:

* Or men who couldn't get a black one

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mpdunnred

I am in the same boat. I have located one in the carphone warehouse in wilton cork but dont fancy the drive. Plus the wont hold them for you either. The cpw say thay have more coming in this week. best of luck!

Dades wrote: »

OMFG YOU'RE RIGHT! BLACK IT IS! :D

Wait no... This is the 21st century! :p

• Advertisement

mpdunnred wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. I have located one in the carphone warehouse in wilton cork but dont fancy the drive. Plus the wont hold them for you either. The cpw say thay have more coming in this week. best of luck!
    Black I'm guessing?

think so

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Dades wrote: »

White are for chicks alright...

Whereas with the black the scratches stay there permanently noticeable, and once again the smudging is supposed to be awful.

Don't get you? White iPhone scratches disappear but black ones don't?

Don't get you? White iPhone scratches disappear but black ones don't?
    No exactly "disappear", just you can't see them as much seeing as the case is white.

I ordered mine yesterday evening and it shipped today!

I'm transfering my number from Meteor prepaid, do I have to go into O2 to get this working?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stretcher46

i ordered mine yesterday as well that was fine but today i got an email from shopfeedback@o2.com asking me to fax a credit card statement and proof of id. did any body else have to do this or is it some sort of scam

I ordered mine yesterday evening and it shipped today!

I'm transfering my number from Meteor prepaid, do I have to go into O2 to get this working?

S.

more then likely your gonna hae to go into 02 and get them to issue you an 02 sim with your meteor number programmed into it, this is cause the sim card is 3g enabled and you need one of these 3g sims to avail of all the 3g that the phone has to offer, i had to do so with my vodafone sim, also as well the phone itself is only locked to 02 network and i dont know if the sim works even if the number is transferred to o2, your still using a meteor sim in a o2 phone, so likelyhoood is either of these factors mean you need to get a o2 sim.

btw, good luck with your new iPhone, they're a wicked peice of kit

Thanks, was thinking the same myself, I just hoped they might have put a blank sim card in the box and I could just ring up myself and they could activate it remotely.

Doubtful though.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I called to the O2 Store in Naas this morning. Arrived at 9.20am, they opened at 9.30. They got two in and the first was mine! Totally hassle free.
    I only decided to buy one on Sunday, feel bad for some of the people walking weeks.
    Big thanks to who ever mentioned the talk2o2 forum for the stock updates...

• Advertisement

did you order online or via the shop?

Advertisement