Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Email from the club today saying April 12th is the likely reopening date.

Nothing confirmed yet but promising none-the-less. Also stated that there was some hope for early March but obviously didn't happen.

We weren't let know that time, so they're obviously more confident this time :)

Would've preferred before Easter or the 6th but we'll take what we can get at this stage. Looking forward to the first sunny day out on the course now :D

Be very disappointed if it's not the 6th at the latest. No logic delaying it another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I'd take hand and all if offered the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Be very disappointed if it's not the 6th at the latest. No logic delaying it another week.

Ah sure just to be sure to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Timesheets open in Lucan for 3 balls from 5th April

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

ive booked for 5th april in my place. and the 7th 9th 11th.

no doubt it will be cancelled so the normal crowd can get there times first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 bla.bla.b

I done similar before the last reopening and they cancelled. In fairness it made sense why they did it, that due to 2 balls they needed to restrict people to 2 rounds so as to try best ensure all members could get a round in.

There will be no hope of getting the 4 rounds like you there in my club when it reopens week1. And I wouldn't expect it either tbh.

bla.bla.b wrote: »
    I done similar before the last reopening and they cancelled. In fairness it made sense why they did it, that due to 2 balls they needed to restrict people to 2 rounds so as to try best ensure all members could get a round in.

There will be no hope of getting the 4 rounds like you there in my club when it reopens week1. And I wouldn't expect it either tbh.

no i do expect it to be cancelled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm optimistic. Golf in less then 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Im trying to be optimistic but its hard to see golf back on the 5th. We had much less numbers April last year and restrictions were a lot tighter.

Hard to see them opening golf until the numbers get down to less than 200 a day. Easter isn't going to help that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm guessing we'll know by early next week when the usual 'leaks' appear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Can't see numbers consistently below 200 until june.
    God I hope I am wrong and it drops sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I can confirm it will be cancelled

I can tell you hat there is no preference given to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

etxp wrote: »
    Im trying to be optimistic but its hard to see golf back on the 5th. We had much less numbers April last year and restrictions were a lot tighter.

Hard to see them opening golf until the numbers get down to less than 200 a day. Easter isn't going to help that.

If we are waiting until the numbers get to <200 per day we won't be golfing for a long, long time. 500-600 is the new 100-200. We just have to accept that. We have been in level 5 for how long? 3 full months and the numbers have plateaued at around 500. They ain't gonna go below that number consistently for a good while yet. However the hospital and ICU figures are the ones to watch. They are falling at a consistent rate. There comes a time where people must be allowed live. What we have endured for the last 12 months isn't living. We suffered for as long as we could for the greater good but now that most of the people that were filling the hospital/ICU beds have been vaccinated it is time to give us back our lives. People that are still vulnerable and waiting for a vaccine should still cocoon but they shouldn't expect the vast majority of the population to continue to suffer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, case numbers need to not be the driving factor anymore. They are utterly useless as more and more vulnerable people get vaccinated.

Hospital and ICU numbers are what needs to be monitored. As long as they are dropping, things are improving.

Golf in 3 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

If we are waiting until the numbers get to <200 per day we won't be golfing for a long, long time. 500-600 is the new 100-200. We just have to accept that. We have been in level 5 for how long? 3 full months and the numbers have plateaued at around 500. They ain't gonna go below that number consistently for a good while yet. However the hospital and ICU figures are the ones to watch. They are falling at a consistent rate. There comes a time where people must be allowed live. What we have endured for the last 12 months isn't living. We suffered for as long as we could for the greater good but now that most of the people that were filling the hospital/ICU beds have been vaccinated it is time to give us back our lives. People that are still vulnerable and waiting for a vaccine should still cocoon but they shouldn't expect the vast majority of the population to continue to suffer.

This is spot on and hopefully this is becoming clearer to the government and nphet and things will gradually reopen and golf should be one of the first to reopen in early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    This is spot on and hopefully this is becoming clearer to the government and nphet and things will gradually reopen and golf should be one of the first to reopen in early April.

I think this is clear to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

etxp wrote: »

Not like for like, This time last year we completely locked down country because the unknown. Its known now & we have more experience in treating the disease.

We locked down to protect the vulnerable, They vulnerable have now got the vaccine, let us now reopen up, Starting with golf of course from my biased view.

gypsy79 wrote: »

I can tell you hat there is no preference given to anyone

find that hard to believe to be perfectly honest.

some people couldnt even get on chronogolf to work yet same lads manage to get exact same tee time each week when every body is trying to get on at 9am on monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

find that hard to believe to be perfectly honest.

some people couldnt even get on chronogolf to work yet same lads manage to get exact same tee time each week when every body is trying to get on at 9am on monday morning

Believe it or not. I know it for a fact.

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Believe it or not. I know it for a fact.

i dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

Sure there's a lot of counties that don't even have anybody with covid and the whole county is in lock down. Ridiculous.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

benny79 wrote: »
    Sure there's a lot of counties that don't even have anybody with covid and the whole county is in lock down. Ridiculous.

A lot of counties with no cases of COVID? Name them?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

benny79 wrote: »

Dont walk into these pop up Covid test sites whatever you do as they were set up to bump up the numbers before decisions are made for easing lockdowns, so if you want to go back playing golf avoid at all costd

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

copacetic wrote: »
    A lot of counties with no cases of COVID? Name them?

Only Leitrim and kerry had no cases today, carlow, wicklow, sligo, clare, Kilkenny and monaghan all had less than 5 cases.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

I think this is clear to everyone.

Unfortunately I don't think it has been at all clear in the minds of some people, particularly those in power. And don't forget we still have some people talking about a zero covid policy, these people are not living in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Dont walk into these pop up Covid test sites whatever you do as they were set up to bump up the numbers before decisions are made for easing lockdowns, so if you want to go back playing golf avoid at all costd

I walked into my local one and got a test. We should've set these things up ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

fungie wrote: »
    I walked into my local one and got a test. We should've set these things up ages ago.

Were you feeling unwell that you went?? You are the kind of person nphet love for their numbers game, like shooting fish in a barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Were you feeling unwell that you went?? You are the kind of person nphet love for their numbers game, like shooting fish in a barrel

Why would nphet and govt want more cases and more lockdown pray tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I’ve been beating this drum for weeks in here. Cases mean nothing with elderly vaccinated. ICU dropping daily and health system safe.
    Wasn’t lockdown all about protecting that and preventing unnecessary death???

Now the narrative is all about case numbers. I understood that last year when those high case numbers would equate to icu admission over time but not anymore with the vax taking place of the cohort that make up 90% of the ones needing treatment.

Open the kids sports, individual sports for all, get rid of the pointless 5k rule and then monitor it for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭the greatest game

Advertisement