Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nothing else seems to work backwards, so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭spideyman92

Bugsnax is available on the free PS plus games thing now for anyone interested.
    Didn't show up with Shadow of Mordor and Hollow Knight but I was able to add it to my library by searching for it.

Not getting the option to add it on laptop or mobile. Just have 'More information' and it brings me to the next page which says if I don't have a PS5 yet, add it to the library yadda yadda, but no option to add it.

I already own Shadow of War and Hollow Knight, so I'm getting the option to 'Download now' on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not getting the option to add it on laptop or mobile. Just have 'More information' and it brings me to the next page which says if I don't have a PS5 yet, add it to the library yadda yadda, but no option to add it.

I already own Shadow of War and Hollow Knight, so I'm getting the option to 'Download now' on them.

I'm getting the option to add to library on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭spideyman92

I'm getting the option to add to library on the app.

Yea I should have probably added that I got it through the app

• Advertisement

Just tried the App again and going into the PS+ section and games, same issue. But I went back to the main screen, searched for it and could then go to the product page and 'Add to library'. Had to agree to a new disclaimer though. Everything is new!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Seeing some issues with launch consoles bricking themselves when trying to rebuild the database after a crash. With and without external HDD attached.

Not many right now. As we know this happens and there is a failure rate for most electronic devices.

Hopefully none for us boardsie's

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Issues may be patched by the time we get ours though. Over the next few days we'll hear of issues as lots get theirs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Berty wrote: »
    Issues may be patched by the time we get ours though. Over the next few days we'll hear of issues as lots get theirs today.

Yes. The consensus seems to be avoid using external storage for now until a fix is released.

PSA boards members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I wonder do shops have an allocation for replacements or if people do encounter console killing faults are their only options refunds and try again next time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Argos have their games up now. €85 for demon's souls and MM Ultimate, very few copies of each in my local. Smyths are cheaper and have 14+ copies of each in my local. Argos are offering a blu ray film for 6 euro when you buy a ps5 game, **** off Argos.

Has it been confirmed yet if buying from other country psn stores works yet or did Sony put a halt to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yes. The consensus seems to be avoid using external storage for now until a fix is released.

PSA boards members

I hope they sort this asap ffs.

Its one of the first things I planned on doing :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Argos have their games up now. €85 for demon's souls and MM Ultimate, very few copies of each in my local. Smyths are cheaper and have 14+ copies of each in my local. Argos are offering a blu ray film for 6 euro when you buy a ps5 game, **** off Argos.

Has it been confirmed yet if buying from other country psn stores works yet or did Sony put a halt to it?

I've seen a good few people on here and other places mention that its all still active for other regions. I sure hope so anyway because I topped up my US account by 100 Dollars just the other day!!

I've seen a good few people on here and other places mention that its all still active for other regions. I sure hope so anyway because I topped up my US account by 100 Dollars just the other day!!

Just saw demon's souls is 70 dollars on us psn which is 60 euro, big difference to us!

Where did you get the credit?

Just saw demon's souls is 70 dollars on us psn which is 60 euro, big difference to us!

Where did you get the credit?

Ya I've been tracking there store the last couple of weeks hence the reason I cancelled Spider-Man from Smyths.

Eneba was where I got the credit. 100 Dollars for 80 Euro at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

One benefit of Europe, gives Sony a full week to patch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

petes wrote: »
    Since Godfall isn't reviewing too well kind of stuggling to get another game for next week. Demon's Souls is being delivered in the morning so I can look at that box for a week anyway ha!

Not sure of MM but it's probably what I'll get. Have the original on the pro and played through twice already.

Might give Valhalla a try but last one I played was Origins and I got bored about 30 hours in which isn't too bad but had no desire to keep going.

I absolutely loved origins. Taught it was best Ass Creed.
    Hated Odysea. got bored after 15hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

One Week to go :)

Got myself really nervous looking at all the people with bricked consoles etc but then I saw a very good point that no one goes online to say their console has been working perfectly only if they have issues so you're more likely to see them.

I never knew launch consoles could be so stressful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Kremin wrote: »
    Got myself really nervous looking at all the people with bricked consoles etc but then I saw a very good point that no one goes online to say their console has been working perfectly only if they have issues so you're more likely to see them.

This happens every generation.
    XB360 being the most famous Ide say. "Red Ring of Death"

I've actually never had issues with a launch console when first released and I've had a few. Fingers crossed this will be the same!

My two main issues I had was obviously along with most people the red ring of death for the 360 and then the laser for the disks went on one of my PS3s.

Other then that nothing that caused to much heartbreak.

I've actually never had issues with a launch console when first released and I've had a few. Fingers crossed this will be the same!

My two main issues I had was obviously along with most people the red ring of death for the 360 and then the laser for the disks went on one of my PS3s.

Other then that nothing that caused to much heartbreak.

This is my first launch console I'm usually a late adopter but the only console issue I've ever had was the yellow? Light on ps3, always remember taking it apart once a week and going at it with a heat gun and putting it back together so it'd word for another day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kremin wrote: »

Yea this happens every time a new gen kicks off, one person has a faulty console and posts it online, all of a sudden the internet is proclaiming it to be the next RROD
    Parsnips wrote: »
    This happens every generation.
    XB360 being the most famous Ide say. "Red Ring of Death"

Lets hope we never get one like that again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just bought Demons Souls on GameStop and reserved Miles Morales Ultimate Edition on Argos.

Roll on next week!!

Also debating Dirt 5....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

mdwexford wrote: »
    Also debating Dirt 5....

I wanna give that a go too, mostly to try out 120 fps, gonna grab the PS4 version for the free upgrade when its cheap in CEX

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just bought Demons Souls on GameStop and reserved Miles Morales Ultimate Edition on Argos.

Roll on next week!!

Also debating Dirt 5....

My plan is Demon's Souls from US PSN and deciding between Miles Morales Ultimate or NBA 2K21 from Smyths, leaning towards MM as I can trade that quick enough and still keep SM Remastered.

They've also listed all of their accessories and either didn't get any stock of the charging stands/headsets or they were sniped up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Wing126 wrote: »
    They've also listed all of their accessories and either didn't get any stock of the charging stands/headsets or they were sniped up :(

Yeah I was looking at these aswell. There was nothing online at 1am then 7am this morning all gone so may have been zero stock

• Advertisement

Didn't think a charging stand would be difficult to get haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement