Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

I contacted Amazon today and was told I should be able to change the address to republic once a courier is assigned to the delivery 48 hours from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

No interest in COD, but certainly the DualSense could become an important factor in determining third-party purchases when it comes to Xbox or PS5. Just the extra feel could add so much to a game, especially if performance winds up similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Cheaper to get off PSN, saved myself €30.

How you saved €30 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Since Godfall isn't reviewing too well kind of stuggling to get another game for next week. Demon's Souls is being delivered in the morning so I can look at that box for a week anyway ha!

Not sure of MM but it's probably what I'll get. Have the original on the pro and played through twice already.

Might give Valhalla a try but last one I played was Origins and I got bored about 30 hours in which isn't too bad but had no desire to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone who has it, Is the pulse headset on ear or over ear?

Look on ear, can't use those ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

petes wrote: »
    Since Godfall isn't reviewing too well kind of stuggling to get another game for next week. Demon's Souls is being delivered in the morning so I can look at that box for a week anyway ha!

Not sure of MM but it's probably what I'll get. Have the original on the pro and played through twice already.

Might give Valhalla a try but last one I played was Origins and I got bored about 30 hours in which isn't too bad but had no desire to keep going.

I have Valhalla myself but am holding off til the PS5. I've read only a couple of reviews and they do highlight that the clutter of side missions in Valhalla is far less than Origins or Odyssey, the main story is more streamlined and the experience is much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Bill36 wrote: »
    How you saved €30 ?

Petrol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Black Ops lead Game Designer confirmed that every weapon in the game has been individually fine tuned for haptic feedback on the DualSense. Amazing stuff.

But is that something CoD players would appreciate or would it affect their k/d ratio?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But is that something CoD players would appreciate or would it affect their k/d ratio?

I'll try it on all guns "just to see" and then on all FPSs I'll disable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.G. wrote: »
    Anyone who has it, Is the pulse headset on ear or over ear?

Look on ear, can't use those ones.

Over ear. finding them lot more comfortable compared to PS4 Golds

11scrmax4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Evilbart wrote: »
    No it updated to November 21st which is the Saturday but I am hoping it will arrive earlier.

I would imagine PM orders won’t receive it release day either so I was happy enough to send it directly to my home address.

Tried changing the address, got this:

Important Messages
    We're sorry. Your order contains items that may not be dispatched to the selected destination. Please select another address.

So PM it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Do you have any other headphones to compare them to in terms of audio quality?

11scrmax4.jpg

Cool thanks. I had whichever one was the original one on the PS4 and they sat on my ears, very sore after short periods of time. My PC headset is over ear, much better.

Got my text to collect Miles Morales. Anyone thinking of leaving it for a week to collect alongside the PS5, says order will be held for two days only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Do you have any other headphones to compare them to in terms of audio quality?

I've only tried them on, haven't tested audio yet

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Starting to get my collection emails & txts from Smyths, Im going to go up & collect them all Friday then go up on the 19th for the console

Miles Morales, Extra controller, charging dock and headset ready tomorrow

COD not out till Friday I think so will collect all on Friday

Maybe a bit mad but I cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Tried checking the XBox threads but couldn't find it, does anyone know when Smyth's took payment before delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Petrol :pac:

Miles was €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So Smyths took payment for my charging dock there an hour ago. Ill collect it on Friday though wish i was collecting the console instead!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

11scrmax4.jpg

Can confirm, I've been using the Golds for years and the Wireless Headset 2.0 before them and these are far more comfortable. Going to give them a test run on the PS4 at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Pulse was delivered from Smyths today. I’ve just been testing it with the Xbox Series X wired via the controller so far.

Really comfortable headset, nice design and sound quality seems very decent from what I’ve seen so far. These seem like a great option for their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

RoryMac wrote: »
    Tried checking the XBox threads but couldn't find it, does anyone know when Smyth's took payment before delivery?

Smyths have sent out emails about collecting payment.

The payment will be pre-authorised 2 - 7 days in advance - so double check those funds are available! If for any reason we are unable to pre-authorise your card, you will receive a separate email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. This must be completed within 24 hours of the email being sent to guarantee your order.

2. You will receive an email confirming your order is ready for dispatch 2 - 5 days in advance and with this you now have a tracking link! We are just getting everything ready - your tracking link will NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE release day

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

rm212 wrote: »
    Pulse was delivered from Smyths today. I’ve just been testing it with the Xbox Series X wired via the controller so far.

Really comfortable headset, nice design and sound quality seems very decent from what I’ve seen so far. These seem like a great option for their price.

My headset hasn’t arrived. It’s been sitting with UPS for two days and they didn’t get my full address at all and even left the n out of Dublin.

Got my phone delivered by them and they were equally as useless at not putting my full address in and me having to ring them up and give them my eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Cotts72

My headset hasn’t arrived. It’s been sitting with UPS for two days and they didn’t get my full address at all and even left the n out of Dublin.

Got my phone delivered by them and they were equally as useless at not putting my full address in and me having to ring them up and give them my eircode.

I had to send my xbox to Germany for repair via UPS, they are useless for communication. I literally had to place it on a trolley outside reception in an open area which wasn't exactly secured. Got no email updates, had to go searching via Microsoft for delivery updates.

On a side note my MM arrived from smyths today yet I've no ps5 until December... The pain is real

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Whatever ye want to say about Gamestop, but at least they're not making me make 2 trips for whatever is out this week and then the console next week. I'll be getting both the console and headset together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Whatever ye want to say about Gamestop, but at least they're not making me make 2 trips for whatever is out this week and then the console next week. I'll be getting both the console and headset together.

It's hardly Smyth's fault tho? They can just go by release dates issued by the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    It's hardly Smyth's fault tho? They can just go by release dates issued by the manufacturer.

And I’d guarantee they’d have a lot of angry people complaining if they held the accessories to ship with the console. They damned if they do/don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I had to send my xbox to Germany for repair via UPS, they are useless for communication. I literally had to place it on a trolley outside reception in an open area which wasn't exactly secured. Got no email updates, had to go searching via Microsoft for delivery updates.

On a side note my MM arrived from smyths today yet I've no ps5 until December... The pain is real

Hope it’s DHL for the console. I’ll eventually get the headset sorted but I’ve next Friday off so I really all goes smoothly for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I believe we were told Smyths would hold the preorders until Dec 1st or 2nd. the mails and texts they sent are just the standard for all click&collect and would involve work to create separate notifications for preordered items and instock items.

I see people are getting their camera adapters in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anyone know if the ps5 media remote will work with the ps4?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement