Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

quokula wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can get a Dualsense right now? I've got the console coming next week but never thought about getting the second controller. I've ordered one on Amazon but it's a couple of months away.

Amazon still have stock for delivery this week. Strange that your order says a few months.

You could just cancel and re-order it if you prefer Amazon.

I see Amazon have just now updated the delivery time on hundreds of products to next day delivery to Ireland.

I ordered a box of Pringles for £1.25 just now for delivery tomorrow just to see the route it takes :-)

Hopefully the ps5’s are shipped with next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

Evilbart wrote: »
    Amazon still have stick for delivery this week. Strange that your order says a few months.You could just cancel and re-order it if you prefer Amazon.

Yeah that's weird, I ordered it about a week ago and the order tracking was giving a late December estimate. I've cancelled and switched to Smyths anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I see Amazon have just now updated the delivery time on hundreds of products to next day for Ireland.

I ordered a box of Pringles for £1.25 for delivery tomorrow just to see the route it takes :-)

It's true! I ordered bacon fries on Sunday might, it shipped on Monday and I had them by lunchtime on Tuesday.

Their delivery information on Amazon is significantly more detailed since a few weeks ago. Previously it would be noted as "delivered", now there is narrative on where it was delivered to (for me, it's noting that it was left at concierge and signed by XXX or left in the postal room).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Looked on a few websites and ps5 accessories seem to be sold out, anywhere I could get the media remote and Pulse 3D headset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Got the Dualsense, Spider-Man MM and AC Valhalla today from Smyths. I’m hyped.

It's true! I ordered bacon fries on Sunday might, it shipped on Monday and I had them by lunchtime on Tuesday.

Their delivery information on Amazon is significantly more detailed since a few weeks ago. Previously it would be noted as "delivered", now there is narrative on where it was delivered to (for me, it's noting that it was left at concierge and signed by XXX or left in the postal room).

Yeah looks like they have put their own vans on my delivery route.

I was able to track my package in real time on google maps.The driver is 7 stops away from delivering your parcel.

It was a tracking number I have never seen and the van was a brand new Mercedes unmarked van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Looked on a few websites and ps5 accessories seem to be sold out, anywhere I could get the media remote and Pulse 3D headset?

Argos on the 19th probably. IF they don't sell them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

do ye think we will get charged and get our collection emails tonight?

I dunno usually with click and collect in past they email you there and then. When comes to money it's usually day before .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Media remote is currently in stock in Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, I have a first world dilemma.

I have Miles Morales + Demon Souls pre-ordered. I never played the original Demon Souls.

I reckon that Watch Dogs: Legion looks class and I think I wanna pick that up too.......... but grabbing three games on launch day might be a bit excessive.

Considering i'm gonna definitely stick with Miles Morales, what should I do?

Demon Souls?
    Watch Dogs?
    Both?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I see Amazon have just now updated the delivery time on hundreds of products to next day delivery to Ireland.

I ordered a box of Pringles for £1.25 just now for delivery tomorrow just to see the route it takes :-)

Did you not have to use PM for PS5?

MrStuffins wrote: »

Demon Souls?
    Watch Dogs?
    Both?
    Hard to give a useful answer. I'd get Watch Dogs personally.

Tbh with Black Friday a couple of weeks away i'd only get the game(s) you need now. Some of the US Black Friday leaks showed discounts on brand new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I have Miles Morales + Demon Souls pre-ordered. I never played the original Demon Souls.

I reckon that Watch Dogs: Legion looks class and I think I wanna pick that up too.......... but grabbing three games on launch day might be a bit excessive.

Demon Souls?
    Watch Dogs?
    Both?

Have ye ever played any of the Souls games? Dark Souls (1, 2 or 3) or even Bloodborne?

If you've played and enjoyed those, go with Demon Souls. If not, Watch Dogs and get Demon Souls when it goes on sale

Did you not have to use PM for PS5?

Yep had to use PM address when I ordered then about a week later I changed the delivery address to go directly to my Irish address.

Some people have said they tried changing address but it didn’t work.

I done it from a PC and worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Demon Souls?
    Watch Dogs?
    Both?

Go Watch Dogs. Bloodborne is gonna be on the PS + Collection, somewhat of a similiar game. Try it out and see is it your style, and if you like it, then you'll know to get Demon Souls at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd be more inclined to say go with Demons Souls because chances are the price of Watch Dogs will drop earlier and steeper. Not that it's a bad game (haven't played it), but From Software games hold their value better whereas Ubisoft drops price to sell DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd go demon's souls, looks the most 'next gen' game and watch dogs will be in sale far sooner than a souls game.

Could Demon's Souls have more used copies early due to the difficulty? I never played any of those games but I always hear they're too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Yep had to use PM address when I ordered then about a week later I changed the delivery address to go directly to my Irish address.

Some people have said they tried changing address but it didn’t work.

I done it from a PC and worked fine for me.

tempted to try this, does the order still say arriving November 19th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Could Demon's Souls have more used copies early due to the difficulty? I never played any of those games but I always hear they're too hard.

It definitely should. My first dip into From games was Bloodborne and I gave up on that very quickly, traded it in the same week I bought it. I went back to it again recently and started to really enjoy it but my point is that first impressions are crucial for many and a lot of casual gamers aren’t going to make it very in Demon’s Souls before giving up IMO.

tempted to try this, does the order still say arriving November 19th?

No it updated to November 21st which is the Saturday but I am hoping it will arrive earlier.

I would imagine PM orders won’t receive it release day either so I was happy enough to send it directly to my home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Playstation on Twitter having a vote on their new #'s for ps5.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1326564013447151616?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Got my miles morales ultimate edition today and Smyths texted me on some bonus code as well I assume that was the preorder outfits that was advertised in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Got my miles morales ultimate edition today and Smyths texted me on some bonus code as well I assume that was the preorder outfits that was advertised in the US

I just got the code and activated it, no game yet though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Any benefit in getting Miles Morales or Call of Duty in disk format rather than purchasing off the online store? Any extra's or anything to be had by going disk version?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jammer84 wrote: »
    Any benefit in getting Miles Morales or Call of Duty in disk format rather than purchasing off the online store? Any extra's or anything to be had by going disk version?

The extra for getting the disc version is you can make money back if you don't like them. Other than that, the only other different between digital and physical would be some physical editions with extra physical stuff like maps or figurines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

jammer84 wrote: »

Cheaper to get off PSN, saved myself €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So in my search to see if AC: Valhalla saves are cross gen, I found a Polygon article that says Ubisoft Connect (their new uPlay + Ubisoft Club combo app) will allow cross gen, but can also transfer saves from Xbox One to PS5 and PS4 to Xbox Series. That's decent of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Black Ops lead Game Designer confirmed that every weapon in the game has been individually fine tuned for haptic feedback on the DualSense. Amazing stuff.
    The DualSense controller is pretty awesome. It's got new haptic feedback so when you're pulling the trigger, it's shaking, every time a gun fires there is a little motor in there that's firing every time. There is sensitivity on the trigger that represents the trigger pressure on a real weapon. All of that has been tuned in the game for each individual weapon. So it's quite a lot to take in, but it's pretty awesome, and it gives the guns a feeling like they've never had before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement