Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options
1317318319320321323»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So for anyone that collected, were you aware of anyone in the queue chancing their arm with no Preorder?

Guy in front of me asked (Smyths Sligo), was told no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VitreousLife

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So for anyone that collected, were you aware of anyone in the queue chancing their arm with no Preorder?

Yep, 3 people today in the queue I was in tried but no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Collected mine, was in line for 20 min with only a handful of ppl. Apparently they were waiting for the stock or something, as it started to move much quicker at some stage.

I couldn't believe it but someone actually didn't bring their ID, it though its impossible considering how much effort were to preorder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There was a teenager in front of me in the queue for Smyths. He turned to me after a few minutes and said (quite friendly like) ‘em...you wouldn’t happen to be reselling, would you?’. After I chuckled and said ‘no, sorry man’ he promptly left the queue and wandered off in a daze.

God speed, young man. God speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Astro's Playroom is even better than expected, the most Nintendo type game made outside of Nintendo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can confirm that other region accounts work, bought Miles from my Indonesia PSN with no issues. Since I haven't had PS4 since start of October I'm seeing huge amount of game updates

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

can anyone give me some info on Spiderman Miles Morales please ? i know its over 16 but i have a young lad who s spiderman mad,is the violence the same as the movies or is it more ? or what about gameplay is it kid friendly or more for teenages
    appreciate any info
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Got to the payment page on Harvey Norman and it has sh*te the bed. At this since 6:30AM. Not a wiggle on Amazon either. So grim!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Anyone hit on amazon restock?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can confirm that other region accounts work, bought Miles from my Indonesia PSN with no issues. Since I haven't had PS4 since start of October I'm seeing huge amount of game updates

Any good deals on regions / sites for credit that you're using? Still need to pull the trigger on demon's souls but it's coming to 65 euro for 70 dollars credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Anyone hit on amazon restock?

That's looking like almost certainly bulls*it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭orwell77

I was in Argos collecting, got chatting to the sales girl.. asked her how many PS they got.. none!!
    No Argos stores got them, or Harvey Norman.. they were let down by Sony.. they were expecting them and nothing arrived!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any good deals on regions / sites for credit that you're using? Still need to pull the trigger on demon's souls but it's coming to 65 euro for 70 dollars credit.

I paid using Revolut which only works for Indonesia, Turkey and India PSN accounts

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    can anyone give me some info on Spiderman Miles Morales please ? i know its over 16 but i have a young lad who s spiderman mad,is the violence the same as the movies or is it more ? or what about gameplay is it kid friendly or more for teenages
    appreciate any info
    Thanks

Its all good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Console secured, now to sit impatiently in work for the rest of the day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

After all of the reviews i saw for the controller and knowing what to expect I am still blown away by how good it feels while playing through Astros's Playroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Controller is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mine arrived.

Started Astros Playroom. Not 5 mins in, the entire console froze. Nothing would wake it. Had to unplug the power to get it going again. This is potentially not good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    appreciate any info
    Thanks

You could look for a playthrough on youtube if you wanted to have a quick flick through and check yourself but I would think it would be fine for a kid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Genuinely got a shock at how quiet it was when I booted it up after seven years of the PS4.

The disc drive kicking into gear when I put in Demon’s Souls to install was almost reassuring :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Mine arrived.

Started Astros Playroom. Not 5 mins in, the entire console froze. Nothing would wake it. Had to unplug the power to get it going again. This is potentially not good...

First batch of every console will have a few duds. Hopefully it's nothing to serious as I'd imagine you'll be looking at a refund rather than a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Are people selecting collection or delivery on Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Mine arrived.

did you install the patch thats been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Apparently a few delivery vans have been robbed in the north :eek:

https://twitter.com/Noxywoxy/status/1329402703961796610

Hi all, since the thread is nearing the 10,000 post limit please continue the conversation here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115346482#post115346482

There are also threads for pre-order and stock info:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058133220

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement