Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

blaa85 wrote: »
    I really hope GS use someone other then An Post to ship the console, or start shipping tomorrow. Demon Souls shipped Tuesday, no updates on the An Post tracker.

Ordered the docking station off Smyths yesterday, delivered today by DPD.

I've had games ship from GS and they've arrived within two days. An Post are swamped and slow to update their tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I've had games ship from GS and they've arrived within two days. An Post are swamped and slow to update their tracking.

Same, actually nearly always next day delivery for me once I get the shipping mail from GS. Got Resi 3 Remake a week early when that came out!

Just hope they heard the feedback from the xbox crowd and ship a good bit earlier if it is An Post, or try a different courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone think there's a chance of picking up the pulse 3d headset between now and Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cotts72 wrote:
    Anyone think there's a chance of picking up the pulse 3d headset between now and Xmas?

I'd imagine there should be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Might be better from gamestop with the ps5 as they can post it on Monday/Tuesday and get it Thursday. Problem they had with xbox I say most were not sent out till the Monday the day before launch so delay there so if they sent it on Monday/Tuesday we should hopefully get it on launch day or 1 day later the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just ordered a second dual sense from Amazon and they are using their own new Amazon Ireland couriers so delivery is tomorrow.

Really hope they ship the ps5 the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So given the limited space, and I'm nearly out of space on my 2tb ps4 Pro. I'd be better off to install my ps4 games on an external drive and then keep the internal space for my ps5 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Evilbart wrote: »
    Just ordered a second dual sense from Amazon and they are using their own new Amazon Ireland couriers so delivery is tomorrow.

Really hope they ship the ps5 the same way.

How did ye get that out of curiosity? Just checked on my account with Amazon Prime and it's saying the 19th.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    So given the limited space, and I'm nearly out of space on my 2tb ps4 Pro. I'd be better off to install my ps4 games on an external drive and then keep the internal space for my ps5 games?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Wing126 wrote: »
    How did ye get that out of curiosity? Just checked on my account with Amazon Prime and it's saying the 19th.

Yes.

They only started offering one day delivery on my prime account yesterday so it must be a new roll out in Ireland and my area is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

FYI if anyone received a 25% code off PlayStation a few weeks back, it's valid until tonight and can be used on PS5 games now that they've been officially released. Picked up Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and Demon Souls for 60 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Evilbart wrote: »
    They only started offering one day delivery on my prime account yesterday so it must be a new roll out in Ireland and my area is covered.

Yea I ordered a blu-ray on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived the next morning, I was ****ing shocked. FWIW I tried changing my delivery from PM to my house but it wouldn't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Argos have their special offer with Spiderman of a UHD Blu Ray for €6 (Into the Spiderverse). However, the game itself, for Ultimate Edition, is €85

Amazon.co.uk have a pretty good offer, i've snapped it up there. The Ultimate Edition, along with a 3 disc UHD, for £95.78. So you get Spiderman Far From Home, Homecoming & Into The Spiderverse in a 6 disc box set (3 X UHD discs and 3 normal Blu Ray Versions)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-PlayStation/dp/B08JR9H7D3/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QITIUR36COWN&dchild=1&keywords=spiderman%2Bps5&qid=1605184048&sprefix=sp%2Caps%2C244&sr=8-1&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

duploelabs wrote: »

If it was me I'd just use the internal storage for the moment. There's reports of some consoles having issues after plugging in external drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfcd24

Anyone hear any word from Gamestop about the in store collections considering it's a week away now. I got the text end of October saying I'm in the launch day allocation. Then start of this month I got a text saying my store will contact me with the rest of the fulfilment but I've heard nothing since. I pre-ordered in store and also my store is currently open for click and collect, tried ringing them past week but no answer, just so confused??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

So Dualsence, Spidey & Demon Souls arrived today.

F**kin' Postman git lobbed the parcels in the letterbox and even the bubble wrap could not save DS box getting a broken corner. Rang Smyths (5 mins from me) and they were very apologitic and replcaed it in store.

Nice :D

Queueing in Smyths for accessories. Been queuing a good half hour and still not near front. Could have a long wait next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Queueing in Smyths for accessories. Been queuing a good half hour and still not near front. Could have a long wait next week.

I was just down in Blanch and there was only 4 people in Q there..

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Location? Praying I don't have to queue for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trying to get PSN credit from Instant-Gaming (bought from them loads before). Said Payment Rejected but it took the full amount from my Visa Debit card. This ever happen anyone else?

Kremin wrote:
    Location? Praying I don't have to queue for hours

Cork. I prob picked bad time forgot was lunchtime.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trying to get PSN credit from Instant-Gaming (bought from them loads before). Said Payment Rejected but it took the full amount from my Visa Debit card. This ever happen anyone else?

Never used that crowd, but the payment could just be pending and will be reversed in a few days when they notice it wasn't completed.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Never used that crowd, but the payment could just be pending and will be reversed in a few days when they notice it wasn't completed.

Bollox, means I can't use it anywhere else until then as it was the full amount on the gift card.

I tried Eneba but it threw on 2 extra charges by the time I got to checkout adding 7 euro in total, bollox acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cork. I prob picked bad time forgot was lunchtime.

Yea lunch and around 5-6:30 are gonna be the worst times during lockdown. I'm planning on arriving at blanch Smyths around 9:45 next Thursday morning, hopefully there won't be any queue then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

sticker wrote: »
    So Dualsence, Spidey & Demon Souls arrived today.

F**kin' Postman git lobbed the parcels in the letterbox and even the bubble wrap could not save DS box getting a broken corner. Rang Smyths (5 mins from me) and they were very apologitic and replcaed it in store.

Nice :D

I'd ordered Miles Morales off Amazon and got the notification on the app that it would be delivered by today, but on the Amazon app/site it still hasn't updated to "Out for Delivery". We've a little post box outside where the postman would put in letters and small packages, and sure enough when I just checked there now, the game was in there! Found that a bit odd as Amazon are usually on the ball when updating for deliveries.

The disk wasn't even in the case properly, could hear it rattling around inside, thankfully no scratches!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

shrewdness wrote: »
    I'd ordered Miles Morales off Amazon and got the notification on the app that it would be delivered by today, but on the Amazon app/site it still hasn't updated to "Out for Delivery". We've a little post box outside where the postman would put in letters and small packages, and sure enough when I just checked there now, the game was in there! Found that a bit odd as Amazon are usually on the ball when updating for deliveries.

The disk wasn't even in the case properly, could hear it rattling around inside, thankfully no scratches!

I never quite understand how Amazon figure out their postage times. Like, I orderred the same game today. I had the option of free postage, with delivery at the end of the month (:confused:), or i could pay for postage, with a similar time frame, or indeed, i could order faster postage for another 8 or 9 euros (but the date was still far away, like 23rd November or something).

So, i noted they are offering unlimited 2 day delivery to Ireland now with a Prime Sub. Signed up to the free trial, put in my order - and the delivery date is 19th November. So a full 7 days! What happened to the 2 day delivery? Jaysus...

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I never quite understand how Amazon figure out their postage times. Like, I orderred the same game today. I had the option of free postage, with delivery at the end of the month (:confused:), or i could pay for postage, with a similar time frame, or indeed, i could order faster postage for another 8 or 9 euros (but the date was still far away, like 23rd November or something).

So, i noted they are offering unlimited 2 day delivery to Ireland now with a Prime Sub. Signed up to the free trial, put in my order - and the delivery date is 19th November. So a full 7 days! What happened to the 2 day delivery? Jaysus...

They haven't had 2 day delivery since lockdowns started :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bollox, means I can't use it anywhere else until then as it was the full amount on the gift card.

I tried Eneba but it threw on 2 extra charges by the time I got to checkout adding 7 euro in total, bollox acting.

How much u trying to buy on Eneba?

I only got the one charge when I bought from it other day was like 3 euro

How much u trying to buy on Eneba?

I only got the one charge when I bought from it other day was like 3 euro

$50. Said starts at 41.31 or something, added to basket, went to 44 something, went to checkout, went to 46.70 and I just had 46.60 on my visa card so extra sickened. Much cheaper with Instant-Gaming, 41.09 euro but they told me the bank cancelled the payment and put a hold on the money, I should get it back in hours/days. No idea why they stopped it and it's some bank in america with just an automated voice support, absolute bollox.

Gonna wait (hope) the money goes back on and just pick up Miles Morales in Argos as I know they take the card. Will use my own Irish cc to get credit then for Demons Souls in the US. Hate all this fecking around but it's 20 quid cheaper on the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

$50. Said starts at 41.31 or something, added to basket, went to 44 something, went to checkout, went to 46.70 and I just had 46.60 on my visa card so extra sickened. Much cheaper with Instant-Gaming, 41.09 euro but they told me the bank cancelled the payment and put a hold on the money, I should get it back in hours/days. No idea why they stopped it and it's some bank in america with just an automated voice support, absolute bollox.

Gonna wait (hope) the money goes back on and just pick up Miles Morales in Argos as I know they take the card. Will use my own Irish cc to get credit then for Demons Souls in the US. Hate all this fecking around but it's 20 quid cheaper on the US store.

44 euro is what I get when I go on there now. There's
    a service charge or 2 euro or so that's all I got charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

44 euro is what I get when I go on there now. There's
    a service charge or 2 euro or so that's all I got charged.

I tested it on my eneba account just now and it's the same.
    Sub-total
    €41.44
    Service fee

€2.63
    o icutcd?

Total:€44.07

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement