Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

booterboy wrote: »
    Quick Question,does the PS5 Dualsense charging dock also charge the PS4 controller?
    Can't find anything online to say its compatible.Thx

I don't think it will? It's two different USB ports so can't imagine it'll fit in the PS4 charging port

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

booterboy wrote: »
    Quick Question,does the PS5 Dualsense charging dock also charge the PS4 controller?
    Can't find anything online to say its compatible.Thx

Quick thoughts on it is that the PS5 controller is larger, wider so that the OEM PS5 charging station would also be wider to accommodate it. I'd think then that the connections on the PS4 won't fit.

Now, I've ordered my Dualsense and a controller so if they turn up soon I'll know as I have the OEM PS4 one, obviously a PS4 controller so I can check this anyway.

*shakes fist, If I break one testing this............................:pac:

EDIT. You know what, I highly doubt it:

ps4ext.jpg
    dualsense-headphone-jack-image-block-01-en-02jul20?$native$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Godfall reviews (mediocre across the board),

Gearbox game is mediocre? I refuse to believe it, clearly the reviewers are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The PS5 controller dock charges via pins of some sort, like a POGO pin setup, in the base of the controller. The PS4 controller doesn't have those pins, so the dock won't work for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    There's loads of info dumped today. Godfall reviews (mediocre across the board), PS Store news like the wishlist etc, Sackboy reviews etc.

Ye I seen that. What I meant was that I was expecting full on reviews of the console etc. I know we got more from Digital Foundry last week but I just thought we would get the whole shebang today. Still early in the day to be fair.

• Advertisement

So it seems there is no embargo on Demon's Souls, people are free to put up reviews whenever they want, but they only just received the game so it could take a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

If I didn't pre order a ps5 does anyone have any idea when I would get 1 like would it be before Christmas? Or should I just give up hope of getting 1 till Jan or Feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Jin luk wrote: »
    If I didn't pre order a ps5 does anyone have any idea when I would get 1 like would it be before Christmas? Or should I just give up hope of getting 1 till Jan or Feb?

I would not hold out much hope of a PS5 before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Watch Argos like a hawk on the 18th and the morning of the 19th. That's probably your only chance at getting one before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Never once had an issue with HDR with my Pro, games look stunning, vibrant and sharp, maybe it's your TV.

This is mine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD-55XE8396-400-Hz-TV/dp/B0742L9HG6

I think I have it in cinema mode for regualr TV viewing.

PS4 Pro set to automatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Markitron wrote: »
    So it seems there is no embargo on Demon's Souls, people are free to put up reviews whenever they want, but they only just received the game so it could take a little while.

Loads steaming it on twitch if anyone is into that kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Loads steaming it on twitch if anyone is into that kinda thing

Thanks! I found a stream on youtube and it was fecking PS3!

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a new headset that isnt the pulse?

Just ordered this - Bit pricey but all reciews suggest its a killer headset on all fronts.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GDHCB49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found another one that was a count time timer. Got to 0 and reset to 10 minutes. People are the worst.

Here is a working one.

Assume bigger YT Creators got an early copy so they will be let loose full reviews on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

sticker wrote: »
    Just ordered this - Bit pricey but all reciews suggest its a killer headset on all fronts.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GDHCB49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Guys I have a brand new SteelSeries Arctic Pro + GameDAC for sale, unopened, up on adverts at the mo. If anyone around these parts are interested just shoot me a DM. Have just ordered a PS5 Headset so no need for it.

(Mods: apologies if this is not aloud)

This is mine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD-55XE8396-400-Hz-TV/dp/B0742L9HG6

I think I have it in cinema mode for regualr TV viewing.

PS4 Pro set to automatic

Your PS4 Pro settings are more or less irrelevant, it's your HDR settings on your TV that you need to tweak. Every HDMI port will have its own settings as will every picture mode. Load up a HDR game and go into the settings while HDR is on, tweak the settings there. The first thing you should look for is the colour temp, set it to neutral if it is on warm, that's a start. Turn off motion smoothing too.

All this being said, this is an entry level 2017 4K/HDR screen, and it is from the early days of HDR, you aren't going to notice a huge difference but it certainly shouldn't look worse.
    Assume bigger YT Creators got an early copy so they will be let loose full reviews on launch day?

Nobody got early copies it seems, people will no doubt put reviews up any time now but I wouldn't expect them from major sites for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

HEHEHEHE. Best of luck.

€2500 and you can have my one :)
    other than that all I can recommend is that you watch Argos site like a hawk extremely early AM on launch day and get ready to pounce.

they will fly out especially with how many people gamestop are after shafting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Parsnips wrote: »
    HEHEHEHE. Best of luck.

other than that all I can recommend is that you watch Argos site like a hawk extremely early AM on launch day and get ready to pounce.

Not supposed to be even getting stock in Argos in Ireland I think the likes of DID and Harvey Norman is the best bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Dualsense controller arrived today, feels heavier then PS4 but is very comfortable in the hand. Just have to wait until next week to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Dualsense controller arrived today, feels heavier then PS4 but is very comfortable in the hand. Just have to wait until next week to use it.
    i got the media remote today which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No sign of Smyths taking any money off of me yet for my charging dock. Probably won't even get down to them tomorrow anyway be Friday.

Pity, this all went down in the middle of level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

No sign of Smyths taking any money off of me yet for my charging dock. Probably won't even get down to them tomorrow anyway be Friday.

Pity, this all went down in the middle of level 5.

do ye think we will get charged and get our collection emails tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

Is there anywhere you can get a Dualsense right now? I've got the console coming next week but never thought about getting the second controller. I've ordered one on Amazon but it's a couple of months away.

Parsnips wrote: »
    HEHEHEHE. Best of luck.

I've a confirmed pre-order from Gamestop. Should i be concerned? How are people being shafted?

quokula wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can get a Dualsense right now? I've got the console coming next week but never thought about getting the second controller. I've ordered one on Amazon but it's a couple of months away.

Think Smyths have them now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

do ye think we will get charged and get our collection emails tonight?

Have spiderman pre-ordered, normally they take the money in or around after the store closes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

Think Smyths have them now

Cheers, I just ordered one.

• Advertisement

Sorry for stupid question but I assume this wireless headset will work fine on PS5? With dongle?

Wonder can I get full Lossless 2.4 GHz on ps5 or is this just for PC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement