Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wing126 wrote: »
    Didn't think a charging stand would be difficult to get haha

I've wanted it since ordering the PS5 from Smyths way back in September and only spotted it yesterday thanks to Paul on the other thread and nabbed one within minutes of them showing and selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

The remastered edition of Spider-Man is fully taking advantage of PS5’s features rather than just playing your ps4 copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

My copy of Demons Souls is arriving today. I'm going to sit in silence and stare at the box for the next 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are there any demos available for PS5 games actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Berty wrote: »
    I've wanted it since ordering the PS5 from Smyths way back in September and only spotted it yesterday thanks to Paul on the other thread and nabbed one within minutes of them showing and selling out.

Oh damn, I shoulda been keeping an eye on that thread so!

Edit: Where the F are Argos going with their game prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The remastered edition of Spider-Man is fully taking advantage of PS5’s features rather than just playing your ps4 copy?

Yup. Better loading, better graphics/performance, they changed Peter's face model for the remaster, better lighting with ray-tracing, all DLC included.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    My copy of Demons Souls is arriving today. I'm going to sit in silence and stare at the box for the next 7 days

Same here ha!

When the PS5 reveal was on and I saw it, it was the game that decided it for me that I wanted a PS5 at launch. No reviews out yet but there are some early impressions starting trickle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Wing126 wrote: »
    Oh damn, I shoulda been keeping an eye on that thread so!

Edit: Where the F are Argos going with their game prices?

I thought they were supposed to be cheaper in general:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You KNOW something is up when you are making Gamestop's prices look reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Markitron wrote: »
    I thought they were supposed to be cheaper in general:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Probably trying to make up for lost revenue on the consoles they aren't getting for Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Argos might have the odd bargain but generally they are a complete rip-off.

Argos is undergoing huge restructuring in the UK at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of closures here in Ireland in the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Not only are Argos charging more for games, but currently they have a deal where they'll throw in Venom on 4k BluRay for 6euro with select titles. They should be paying customers to take that movie off their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not only are Argos charging more for games, but currently they have a deal where they'll throw in Venom on 4k BluRay for 6euro with select titles. They should be paying customers to take that movie off their hands.

They're offering Into The Spiderverse with MM Ps5 Ultimate. Meant to be one of the best UHD blu rays going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    They're offering Into The Spiderverse with MM Ps5 Ultimate. Meant to be one of the best UHD blu rays going.

90.99 ... pricey enough bundle.... It's also on netflix now in 4k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It’s so beautiful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I managed to update my PS5 order to be delivered to my home address a while back but I'm seeing now that others can't do the same
    Do you think I should change it to be delivered via a forwarding service to be safe?

Turned on the PS4 last night and I had a PS5 button/app it, clicked on it and it was suggesting that I need my PS5 powered on to sync over or do something at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Turned on the PS4 last night and I had a PS5 button/app it, clicked on it and it was suggesting that I need my PS5 powered on to sync over or do something at least.

Is it the app that allows remote play?
    (You can play the ps5 using the ps4 if it's on the same network)

I had that show up earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Have been keeping an eye out for a charging station too, hoped I'd get one somewhere this morning for home delivery.

Is it the app that allows remote play?
    (You can play the ps5 using the ps4 if it's on the same network)

I had that show up earlier in the week

I can't go and check. I'm working from home and I would feel awful guilty being in the room with the TV and PS4. Bad enough I'm posting on here, let alone powering up the PS4 to check something. :D

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I can say from personal experience this is 100% true, it looks and sounds incredible.
    90.99 ... pricey enough bundle.... It's also on netflix now in 4k :)

It is a night and day difference, they can slap a 4K label on something in Netflix but it won't improve the awful bitrate
    I can't go and check. I'm working from home and I would feel awful guilty being in the room with the TV and PS4. Bad enough I'm posting on here, let alone powering up the PS4 to check something. :D

It is the remote play app, it will be useless until you have a PS5 on the same network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah apparently it's remote play between the PS5 and PS4. I'm not sure which way around it works though; can you play your PS4 remotely through PS5, or PS5 remotely through PS4? I don't see how it should be possible to play PS5 through your PS4 considering you can't even play your PS5 games on PS5 with a PS4 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So we're a week out, and i'm still waiting on an email from Gamestop about my order. I did get the email 2 weeks back letting me know I was counted in the Launch Allocation (I should bloody hope so GS, seeing as i "pre"prebooked back in January!).

I've heard they're sending out vouchers in "waves" to people, but how they have determined who to include in what wave, doesn't make too much sense. I've seen people on Facebook, who have prebooked since June, for instance, having received their voucher email.

So frustrating

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah apparently it's remote play between the PS5 and PS4. I'm not sure which way around it works though; can you play your PS4 remotely through PS5, or PS5 remotely through PS4? I don't see how it should be possible to play PS5 through your PS4 considering you can't even play your PS5 games on PS5 with a PS4 controller
    You can remote play PS5 games on a PS4 with a DualShock4 controller. Obviously you don't get the same haptics but otherwise it works.

Yeah, doesn't make sense considering they won't let a DualShock play PS5 games on the system itself.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-10-you-can-play-ps5-games-on-ps4-using-a-dualshock-via-remote-play

As far as Parcel Motel goes, is it cheaper and/or faster for me to have them deliver it straight to my address rather than having it going to the depot?

It's €10 for a home delivery and like €7 for oversize collection right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

As far as Parcel Motel goes, is it cheaper and/or faster for me to have them deliver it straight to my address rather than having it going to the depot?

Think its 7/7.50 for Oversize and then another 7/7.50 for home delivery. So to getting it delivered to you house it will be 14/15 in total.

dan786 wrote: »
    Think its 7/7.50 for Oversize and then another 7/7.50 for home delivery. So to getting it delivered to you house it will be 14/15 in total.

Wait they charge you for both oversize AND delivery? Hungry bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

GameStop in store pre-order - voucher just through to complete payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

jammer84 wrote: »
    GameStop in store pre-order - voucher just through to complete payment

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

There could well be a delay in the delivery too. I've an item checked in up north since Sunday and still no sign of it getting to my locker in Dublin.

Picked up MM in smyths just now, in and out in less than two minutes. Very good system they have, should be no issues next week for the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I really hope GS use someone other then An Post to ship the console, or start shipping tomorrow. Demon Souls shipped Tuesday, no updates on the An Post tracker.

Ordered the docking station off Smyths yesterday, delivered today by DPD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement