Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Me: male, 33
    NCB: 8 years
    License: Full 8 years
    Bike: 01 GSX1400 (my RSV Mille is sold) factory immobiliser (value: €3.5k)
    Kept in: brick garage

Adelaide: €250 Comp, protected NCD, drive other bikes, commute (no recovery) - it's coming up for renewal and at that price I don't think it's worth shopping around tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

cantdecide wrote: »
    Me: male, 33
    NCB: 8 years
    License: Full 8 years
    Bike: 01 GSX1400 (my RSV Mille is sold) factory immobiliser (value: €3.5k)
    Kept in: brick garage

Adelaide: €250 Comp, protected NCD, drive other bikes, commute (no recovery) - it's coming up for renewal and at that price I don't think it's worth shopping around tbh
    I'd still give Principal a holler. They seem to be on the hard sell at the moment, so if you can save €50, it's still worth the price of a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

my renewal with adelaide/cornmarket came in today. was a good deal more than I was expecting. Who is doing good deals on renewals at the moment?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I switched from Adelaide to CN two months ago, CN were over €100 cheaper

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

My renewal came in from Cornmarket a few days ago and it jumped nearly 150 quid. Will be shopping around today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Rang CN, they came back 2 euro cheaper, I said I would try somewhere else, they said please don't, and how much did I want to pay. I said I would be happy with 350, they put me on hold, came back and said yeah. They really didn't want me not to take out a policy today. Fully comp on a 'busa, with commuting, and legal cover, breakdown cover etc. About the same as I paid last year, so happy enough I guess.

Me: Male, 33
    NCB: 6 Years
    License: Full 6 years
    Bike: 2006 Fz1
    Kept in: Drive

Cornmarket: €260, full ncb protection, Legal, Breakdown, Helmet cover, driving other bikes, 45 days EU driving, €250 excess

Carol Nash: €540
    Principal: €652
    Liberty: €606

Looks like im going with Cornmarket again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

goodlad wrote: »
    Me: Male, 33
    NCB: 6 Years
    License: Full 6 years
    Bike: 2006 Fz1
    Kept in: Drive

Cornmarket: €260, full ncb protection, Legal, Breakdown, Helmet cover, driving other bikes, 45 days EU driving, €250 excess

Carol Nash: €540
    Principal: €652
    Liberty: €606

Looks like im going with Cornmarket again

My renewal notice came in from Adelaide/Cornmarket - Im almost identical to yourself same bike, Im 36 but based in Dublin. They quoted
    Premium €310
    Breakdown (optional) €45
    Legal (Optional) €25

Have to do the dance with the others yet.

Just done the renewal with Cornmarket.
    Have AA cover so whipped off the breakdown assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I've done the same in the past because I've AA years, from driving old bangers - anyone ever actually gotten recovered by AA? What are they like?

• Advertisement

I went with them and have my missus on the policy too so she is sorted if she is out with the kids and anything happens the car.

Reason i decided to go with them is because how smooth a recovery and the benefits were for a mate who broke down. He has the rescus plus on his policy, as do I.

He broke down at 1am in cork. They covered a hotel for the night and sorted out getting his car backto Dublin the next morning for him no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

gerrowadat wrote: »
    anyone ever actually gotten recovered by AA? What are they like?
    Fantastic, I got a back tyre blow-out on the way back from a rally at 10.30 on a Sunday morning.

Limped my way to M7 junction 14, gave them a bell, was collected 55 minutes later & brought straight home to my front door in Tallaght.

Well worth the annual premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Just finished IBT at the weekend with Irish Motorcycle Training. Can't wait to get going.

Haven't bought yet, but using 2005 Bandit 600 Unfaired as my basis for the quotes
    No NCB
    A Learner's Permit
    Male, 30 Years Old
    Dublin
    Kept in Driveway

Quotes I got today are:

Adelaide:
    Phone: €550
    TPF&T
    No commuter cover
    €250 Excess
    No extras really

Carole Nash:
    Phone: €521 (Down from €682 after I mentioned Adelaide quote)
    Breakdown & Recovery
    Irish & Abroad cover
    Legal cover
    Ride other bikes
    Free Micro-Dot thing

Liberty
    Internet: €660
    Will phone them later on this week.

What's this "No Commute" cover thing? I wouldn't ride it to work every day, but I might do so a couple of times a week. It's not far so that's why it wouldn't make sense to put on all the gear regularly. I guess I have to declare that, but wanted to check before I got the quotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

No commuting means just that - if you had an off while commuting they'd try to not cover you. It's to differentiate between lads using the bike for a purpose regularly as opposed to a jolly on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They should be charging the weekend warriors more, tbh :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Me: male, 34
    NCB: none
    License: Full AM years
    Bike: 02 aprilla 50cc for sample quotes
    Kept in: my hall:D

liberty online
    276 tpft incl their premiun breakdown
    Type of Use: S,D & P including commuting
    Compulsory Excess: €250

not too bad and Ive a day of ringing Aon , carole nash and axa when they open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Resurrecting this old thread :)

Its renewal time again. Thought I would post my quotes as they are reversed from last year (The most expensive company is now the cheapest)

31 Years Old
    2 Years NCB
    Full A1
    Bandit 1200
    TPFT
    Bike stored Kildare and commuting to Dublin

Adelade (Renewal) €504
    Axa €693
    Liberty €441
    Carole Nash €356

Carole Nash always came in high for me in the past. For some reason they gave me a great quote this year. Nearly took his arm off at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

Try principal I got best quote from them CN were next best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭prunudo

Did it change much from last year. I'm dreading my renewal in June, got a shocker on my pick up. Up nearly 40%. Nothing changed, full ncb, no points etc etc, came in at over a grand :(

jvan wrote: »
    Did it change much from last year. I'm dreading my renewal in June, got a shocker on my pick up. Up nearly 40%. Nothing changed, full ncb, no points etc etc, came in at over a grand :(

It's about €100 less than last year. Happy days.

My car insurance went up too. Think it happened to everybody across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

Full Clean Licence 5 years
    NCB 5 years

GSXR1000 K6
    98 VFR800

E378 Fully Comprehensive with Adelaide/Cornmarket
    including breakdown cover and all the usual bits and pieces.

The others couldn't get near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

5 years full licence with 3 points
    NCB 5 years

CN €266.79 TP
    Principle €266.68 Fully Comp

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

49, 1 claim 3 years ago (€4k).
    No points
    4 bikes (Road King, F650GS Twin, Aprilia Atlantic 500, Vespa 125)
    RoSPA
    Full comp cover: €425. That's up €102 over last year, but I added the BeeEmm. Not sure if I got value or not because some of my buds are getting similar for €300-€350 ish.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mecanno37

Male 51
    2 yrs no claims
    BMW r1200gs
    Fully comp

£95.
    £575 excess but I will risk it for that premium.

mecanno37 wrote: »
    Male 51
    2 yrs no claims
    BMW r1200gs
    Fully comp

£95.
    £575 excess but I will risk it for that premium.

That's pretty good. Which company? I notice you used pounds. Do they cover in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Just got a few quotes.

32 male, full licence 3yrs and 3yrs NCB.
    406euro on a 2008 gsxr 600. Fully comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mecanno37

Tzardine wrote: »
    That's pretty good. Which company? I notice you used pounds. Do they cover in the south.

MCE and yes I think they cover the south.

They also have a disgraceful reputation for simply refusing to pay out. There is supposedly an awful lot of wordplay in their small print to assist them finding reasons to not pay out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Male 39
    Learner Permit
    1yr NCB
    ER6F
    Fully comp
    €450 Carole Nash

Excess €325
    Cheaper to park on drive in Wicklow than to garage in Celbridge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Full (Less than year)
    3 years NCB
    KTM 990
    Full comp
    Axa €855 (Current insurer)
    Liberty €675
    Principal: I'm still waiting for call back. (I rang a week and a half ago!)
    Cornmarket: €475. And we have a winner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement