Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Zenith or Carole Nash would be worth ringing to squeeze a bit more

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks just one question. If I tell them I have 5 years no claims bonus, do I also have to tell them I had a claim 2 years ago, even if it was protected? Whats the story around this?

I've always declared in the past, luckily my last was 6 years ago now so outside of the usual 5 year declarable period

Have you declared with your existing?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yes fully declared with them - they gave me a better quote than Liberty who I was with before when he claim happened. I had full no claims bonus protection with Liberty - had a claim (4k) and they doubled my renewal. "Sorry but you have still had a claim". Pr1cks - whats the point in having the protection if they are still going to increase your premium! So I called Cornmarket and told them everything and they gave me a price slightly less than I was paying before the claim with Liberty - but a better policy.

The insurance industry is a racket.

That's something that I think we can all agree on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Magown3

Male: 36
    Full Licence 10+ years
    2 years NCB
    CBR 600RR

Carole Nash : €300 full comp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just tried C&N & corn market so far

Male 35,
    4 years NCB and 2 years full license.
    Nc750X DCT

C&N = €525 with all the trimmings
    Cornmarket = € 444 + €40 if I want breakdown cover
    Principal = €462
    AXA = €510
    Liberty = € 396
    Looks like liberty are top runners. I'll need to find out specifics though.
    Not sure if these quotes are reasonable or not?

Even the one from principal said the quote was oddly high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just tried C&N & corn market so far

Male 35,
    4 years NCB and 2 years full license.
    Nc750X DCT

C&N = €525 with all the trimmings
    Cornmarket = € 444 + €40 if I want breakdown cover
    Principal = €462
    AXA = €510
    Liberty = € 396
    Looks like liberty are top runners. I'll need to find out specifics though.
    Not sure if these quotes are reasonable or not?

Even the one from principal said the quote was oddly high.

I ended it sticking with cornmarket as the dropped the price to €398 and includes breakdown cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭prunudo

Male, 36,
    full license,
    09 er6n,
    6 yrs no claims.

€290 fully comp with Cornmarket including legal and break down.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Hey guys,

That time of year for me too.

What companies offer multi-bike? I am currently with Cornmarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Age 41, bandit gsf600, learner permit, just one year Ncb, €330 last year down to €290 this year, Carole Nash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Female
    early 40s :)
    2000 SR125
    Full NCB
    Full A1 10 years

CN quoted me €276 in renewal letter and offered me €233 fully comp over the phone(same as last year)

Still have to contact other insurers, wonder if i dropped them all an email with my details, instead of phoning them would they offer me a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Hey guys,

That time of year for me too.

What companies offer multi-bike? I am currently with Cornmarket.

Cornmarket do multi-bike. Far as I know most of them do apart from Liberty.

Stage 1 of the ongoing quest (my insurance is up next week).

Cornmarket quoted me 1158eur renewal (37, full A licence a year, NCB a year, 2015 R1200RS and 2015 ER-6F).

Rang them and asked for the quote again over the phone, 840. Asked how much with just the beemer, same price.

It's a bleeding racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭joey100

Looking into getting a bike and looking for some quotes at the moment, only proper one so far is from Carole Nash

Male
    Provisional Licence
    No no claims
    Yamaha MT 07
    Quote €1255 3rd party fire and theft (including personal injury and the gear cover)

Rang cornmarket and they wouldn't even quote me, said they would next year though but told them they were alright, that if they won't quote me now they won't be getting my business at all.

Knew it would be expensive but wasn't expecting that much.

Expect insurance to go through the roof once the brexit fallout filters through!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

Male 41
    Full licence
    0 Ncb
    TDM 850
    €340 Fully Comp, €253 Tpft
    Principal

Male, 37. Full A a year, 1 year NCB. 2015 BMW R1200RS Sport SE.

Cornmarket (renewal) 900 (no breakdown, legal, etc. etc.) Originally quote 1100 or so but dropped it when I rang them to ask if they were for ****ing real.

Carole Nash quote 1280, but actually matched the cornmarket quote when I sent it to them, also included breakdown, legal, pillions, DNA kit etc. etc.) so went with them.

Both insisted as a condition that the bike be normally kept in a locked garage with a ground anchor (which it is).

A lot of it also had to do with how cornmarket have been ringing me twice a day for the last week, despite being told to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Male >30
    Dublin city
    1 year NCB
    Full A2
    161 Kawasaki W800

Cornmarket 766.58
    principal 693.42
    carol nash 946.14
    liberty 1150

Went with Principal. Someone else wouldn't quote me due to the W800 not being A2 in their list :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

male 21
    clare
    no ncb
    a2 provisional
    2003 Suzuki SV650S

principal 481.40

third party fire & theft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

chasm wrote: »
    Female
    early 40s :)
    2000 SR125
    Full NCB
    Full A1 10 years

CN quoted me €276 in renewal letter and offered me €233 fully comp over the phone(same as last year)

Still have to contact other insurers, wonder if i dropped them all an email with my details, instead of phoning them would they offer me a quote?

Went with principal in the end
    Fully Comp €218. Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Male, 37. Full A a year, 1 year NCB. 2015 BMW R1200RS Sport SE.

Cornmarket (renewal) 900 (no breakdown, legal, etc. etc.) Originally quote 1100 or so but dropped it when I rang them to ask if they were for ****ing real.

Carole Nash quote 1280, but actually matched the cornmarket quote when I sent it to them, also included breakdown, legal, pillions, DNA kit etc. etc.) so went with them.

Both insisted as a condition that the bike be normally kept in a locked garage with a ground anchor (which it is).

A lot of it also had to do with how cornmarket have been ringing me twice a day for the last week, despite being told to **** off.

Any reason you just phoned 2 providers ? Thats a large insurance bill with scant all 'extras' from what that the likes of principal would provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Male
    Provisional A Licence
    0 no claims
    Kawasaki Zx6r
    Quote €839 3rd party fire and theft (including personal injury and the gear cover)

Cant even get a quote off anyone else mainly because of the Bike itself and no no claims .

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Male
    Provisional A Licence
    0 no claims
    Kawasaki Zx6r
    Quote €839 3rd party fire and theft (including personal injury and the gear cover)

Cant even get a quote off anyone else mainly because of the Bike itself and no no claims .

Who did you get the quote off and what year is the zx6r?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

maxfresh wrote: »
    Who did you get the quote off and what year is the zx6r?

sorry forgot to mention , its carol nash . and its 1998 .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Male 23
    Dublin
    No ncb
    A2 provisional
    2013 Suzuki GW250

Carole Nash €586, TPFT + included breakdown, legal, ride other bikes, DNA kit etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Male 50
    Full licence
    4 yr Ncb
    VFR 800, value €2500
    €218 Tpft
    Carole Nash

CN initially came in at 300 odd but I did tell them at the start of the call that current insurer MCE was renewing for €210 and then they almost matched it with 218. I went with them because better breakdown cover (IRL + UK) as opposed to IRL only with MCE and also excess was about €200 less. Mileage with MCE was restricted to 3000 miles PA and last year they did ask for ODO reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jesus I'm glad I don't live in Ireland. Fully comp in Australia for circa 350aud.
    EDIT: GSR750 insured for purchase price rather than market value, 35 m bike licence 3 years give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

male late 30's
    no ncb
    Provisional A
    Harley 883

principal: 325 fully comp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

50+......:eek:
    Man....
    NCB
    Full licence (clean :p)