Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Yamaha XT500 (vintage)
    5 years ncb
    20 years plus full license
    40ies male
    €190 w Cornmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Male - 37
    6 Years NCB
    Honda Grom (MSX125)
    €240 Fully Comp

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

Male 39
    8 year NCB
    Full A1 10+ years
    GSXR 750 K1
    €195 TPF&T Cornmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭golfpaul

Male 39
    0 NCB
    Full Licence
    2006 R1
    €395 MCE TPFT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Tzardine wrote: »
    Resurrecting this old thread :)

Its renewal time again. Thought I would post my quotes as they are reversed from last year (The most expensive company is now the cheapest)

31 Years Old
    2 Years NCB
    Full A1
    Bandit 1200
    TPFT
    Bike stored Kildare and commuting to Dublin

Adelade (Renewal) €504
    Axa €693
    Liberty €441
    Carole Nash €356

Carole Nash always came in high for me in the past. For some reason they gave me a great quote this year. Nearly took his arm off at that price.
    steveshort wrote: »
    Male 39
    8 year NCB
    Full A1 10+ years
    GSXR 750 K1
    €195 TPF&T Cornmarket

Can you ride these bikes on an A1 Licence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

chasm wrote: »
    Can you ride these bikes on an A1 Licence?

Think they mean A licence...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

Yea my mistake, ita an A licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Yup me too. I have an A licence.

Well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Male 55
    9 years NCB
    Triumph Thunderbird Storm
    Garaged, alarmed, immobiliser
    €323 fully comp
    Carole Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Male 41
    Full licence, Full NCB
    Fireblade 900 - mild tune.
    Garaged, no alarm, no immob.
    €301 Fully Comp.
    RSA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Male 45, full ncb, Rospa gold , fbos, garaged b,w f650gs 800cc
    254 fully comp thru principle

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

Male: 30
    First learner permit
    0 years NCB
    Honda CBR600 RR
    €780 third party fire & theft
    Carole Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭prunudo

Male: 30
    First learner permit
    0 years NCB
    Honda CBR600 RR
    €780 third party fire & theft
    Carole Nash

That's not a bad price considering the bike and your level of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

jvan wrote: »
    That's not a bad price considering the bike and your level of experience.

Who are you telling:D, I didn't think I'd get a quote on the bike at all, I was looking at a restricted GSXR600, delighted with the quote in the end :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

Male: 23
    First learner permit
    0 years NCB
    Suzuki Intruder 125

Liberty : €460 full comp
    haven't tried the rest yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Goose81

Male: 28
    Full Licence
    0 years NCB
    GSXR 600

Adelaide : €580 full comp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Male, 36
    3rd Learner Permit
    5 Years NCB Protected
    Honda Steed VLX 600

Carole Nash: €240 Fully Comp
    Excess of €100

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Male 42
    Honda cbr1000rr
    Full ncd
    445 fully comp protected, breakdown etc
    Carole Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Male 49
    VFR800
    NCB Full
    License Full
    Fully Comp. Breakdown, Pillion, Gear & Luggage, NCB protected.
    €160
    MCE

Also track day insurance included but won't be needing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

bladespin wrote: »
    Male 41
    Full licence, Full NCB
    Fireblade 900 - mild tune.
    Garaged, no alarm, no immob.
    €301 Fully Comp.
    RSA

Just an update on this one, stuck a ZXR750 on it for another €27 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just got my quote back of Adelaide, they are looking for €470 fully comp with NO Legal Cover and NO Breakdown.

Rang Principle and haggled like a boss, and ended up with €270 fully comp with full NCB protection, breakdown cover, legal cover and 45 day euro travel. Ride any other bike (even without Insurance, which is new to me previously other bikes had to be insured) and pillion.

Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just got my quote back of Adelaide, they are looking for €470 fully comp with NO Legal Cover and NO Breakdown.

Rang Principle and haggled like a boss, and ended up with €270 fully comp with full NCB protection, breakdown cover, legal cover and 45 day euro travel. Ride any other bike (even without Insurance, which is new to me previously other bikes had to be insured) and pillion.

Happy out.

Strange that , they quoted me 3 times what Adalaide quoted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Happy out.
    Just renewed mine with Adelaide during the week.
    €412 for 4 bikes,fully comp,bonus protection but with no legal or breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ride any other bike (even without Insurance, which is new to me previously other bikes had to be insured)

Heard this years ago and had people quoting made up laws to me as fact when I borrowed an uninsured bike when mine was off the road. The owner's policy is irrelevant if it doesn't cover you, so it may as well not be insured at all. The only difficulty is that you can't tax a bike not registered and insured in your name. Insurance-wise, if your own policy covers riding other bikes you're good to go.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Heard this years ago and had people quoting made up laws to me as fact when I borrowed an uninsured bike when mine was off the road. The owner's policy is irrelevant if it doesn't cover you, so it may as well not be insured at all. The only difficulty is that you can't tax a bike not registered and insured in your name. Insurance-wise, if your own policy covers riding other bikes you're good to go.

When I was with Adelaide I could ride other bikes as LONG AS THE WERE INSURED, Principal will insure you to ride other bikes that are not insured (say a mate has a bike not on road for few years and wants it brought to garage etc etc) obviously you are open to getting fined for no tax by Gardai but its a good perk to have.

Also Adelaide are in fact adding this clause that you can not ride other bikes bigger then your own bikes capacity. Not for all policy holders but its deffo happening as the other lad off here has it on his policy when renewed last month. Granted he is younger then me (26) but its a terrible clause to have.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When I was with Adelaide I could ride other bikes as LONG AS THE WERE INSURED

Any claim will be on your insurance not the owners, if they want to impose such a condition they probably can, but unless they say it's a condition (and my insurer at the time didn't) then it doesn't apply.
    Also Adelaide are in fact adding this clause that you can not ride other bikes bigger then your own bikes capacity.

Harks back to the bad old days of Norwich Union monopoly and their 'Rider policy'. I can see why they wouldn't want to take on a risk bigger than the one you're paying for, by insuring you on a bigger bike just because you don't happen to own it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Adelaide told me the same, pain in the hole as it means I'm not covered to test ride bikes where the dealer isn't covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Goose81

Just to update this Zenith insurance (who underright principal) are pulling out of the Irish market, they say they will cover any policy's they currently have but wont renew them.

Said Irish courts system pay out to much for them to justify staying in the market, they should have known this when they entered so I would be questioning their ability to pay out tbh.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/zenith-insurance-pulls-back-on-exposure-to-irish-market-1.2647407

Be careful that principal dont auto renew your policys because with the change of underrighter the cost could double.

Just a follow up on Zenith (Under writers for Principal) pulling out of the irish market, It is ONLY for car insurance not motorcycles they are not insuring for anymore. Statement on facebook and was confirmed to me today when I renewed my policy with them.

By far the best quote.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm due for renewal so I called Cornmarket to check.

35, 6 years ncb - I did have a claim 2 years ago - but I had ncb protection.
    2 bikes, Fireblade and an 83 bmw. €475

Not sure if I'm going to get any better than that, who else should I call?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement