Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Rang Liberty for a quote there. 41 year old first time biker on a learner permit. They ruled out anything over 600cc or over.

Try principal. One of the lads at work (aged 40) got insured on a Kawasaki Versys 1000 on a learner permit with zero NCD

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A rider assessment might help, but there are plenty of decent 600s to get started on, hopefully you'll have passed your test within the year and having a 1 year NCB next time will help too.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Just tried to get a bike added on to my policy(one that's half the size of my current policy bike)
    And was told I can't get a quote because I don't have a full licence for a year.
    Carole Nash

honda boi wrote: »
    Just tried to get a bike added on to my policy(one that's half the size of my current policy bike)
    And was told I can't get a quote because I don't have a full licence for a year.
    Carole Nash

Principal have that policy also. AXA are different in that they'll pretty much insure what you want straight away if you get a grade 2 on the rider assessment if you already hold a full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Rang Liberty for a quote there. 41 year old first time biker on a learner permit. They ruled out anything over 600cc or over.

551 on a CBF600 with Carole Nash

• Advertisement

TP/TPO/FC?

TP/TPO/FC?

TPO

TPO

jasus that's steep

Principal have that policy also. AXA are different in that they'll pretty much insure what you want straight away if you get a grade 2 on the rider assessment if you already hold a full licence.

Absolute joke that!!
    So I'll have to swap bikes around and pay €45 broker fee every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What was the broking fee?

• Advertisement

What was the broking fee?

I think he said 90. Can't really rem tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Mine is due up soon. Can anyone tell me if Principal still refusing to quote bikes over €5000 that are kept on a driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

flyton5 wrote: »
    Mine is due up soon. Can anyone tell me if Principal still refusing to quote bikes over €5000 that are kept on a driveway?

Had that conversation with them recently. Roughly double for comp. unless locked in a garage or shed.

Carole Nash were meant to ring me back 2 days ago.
    Rang today.
    I got a quote for a Fazer 600 2001.
    For about €80 extra to add it to my policy.
    But now have to wait on the other bikes I asked to quote because they didn't send them to the underwriter!!
    Also.
    If your going to look at a bike at say 6 o'clock and bought it you'd have no way to get insurance on it till 9am in the morning.
    Think that's madness that there's no online system with the insurance companies (bar liberty)
    Or even if they had another number that's open till 9pm to add/transfer bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Lads two questions please:

Rang around the three (Axa,Liberty, Principal ) regarding get my 19yr A2 provisional first time rider insured on his own policy on the Yamaha 125 Tricity but none would insure, I think Principal said only over 21yrs and the other two dont do 3wheelers but I presume they mean under a certain age on 3wheelers as I have seen a few around the city. Anyone tell me if there is a particular company that do 3wheelers. I would have thought they would be happy to as they would be marginally safer compared to a 2wheeler

Was thinking of getting myself another bike and already have one. Who would be the best for multi bike policy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

<SNIP>

This is for motorbike insurance quotes, not Car policies

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Hey lads,

I'm getting back to biking after about 20 years away from it!
    40 years old and on a newly issued learner permit (didn't do full test when I was in college unfortunately).
    I am lining up my IBT but wanted to get a quote on a Ducati Monster 696 that a friend of mine was willing to sell to me on the cheap ... not a particularly "crazy" choice of bike (696cc) but was looking for guidance on who might insure me on it? I tried Carole Nash and, after the 30 minute "chat" , they said they couldn't quote because it was a "sports bike" ..... and Liberty rejected it too ....

seems a bit mad

hang on...

success, Principal quoted me €700. Not great but at least it's something! (Adam in Principal - sound fella and genuinely helpful).

Next thread here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058074990

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement