Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I see a few flakes falling in Malahide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Doesn't seem to be anything on AA Roadwatch re Dublin City Centre. Did anyone make it in there for work (who doesn't actually live in the city centre) this morning, what are the roads like.

I'm loving the snow but if I don't make it into work Thurs, Fri, Sat I'm seriously fecked!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's my vid, myself and a mate laughing. Sorry for offending any of yeee PC heads, but if i find something funny i laugh

PC heads? wtf are you on about?
    You and a mate you say? even more of a reason to say grow the fcuk up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

same here in donaghmede ****ty dark clouds not even snow its like dusk:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Potential streamer setting up for Dublin CC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Cionád wrote: »
    Don't want to go off topic, but there was not a hell of a lot of damage, and I would be very surprised if the car was going over 15mph. Crumple zones are designed to do this.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.846275,-6.928519&spn=0.001218,0.002411&t=h&z=19

Blue dot is where the signpost is
    http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/184492/Capture.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Fairly light but steady snow falling here still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

why is the met eireann rainfall radar half an hour out of date? they dont have 11.45 up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

It's my vid, myself and a mate laughing. Sorry for offending any of yeee PC heads, but if i find something funny i laugh
    OK Fighting irish has apologised twice so that should be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

It's been snowing on and off here for the last 18hours. Haven't seen snow like it in 20yrs or so. Went for a walk and it was lovely when I started but soon developed into blizzard like conditions. The wind is blowing snow off the fields and drifting onto roads, which is gonna get interesting. And there doesn't seem to be any end in sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

why is the met eireann rainfall radar half an hour out of date? they dont have 11.45 up yet

Updates about 18 mins after each timestamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Whiteout in Drogheda!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

11.45 up now.

Most people using http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ as it is easier to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Mink wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be anything on AA Roadwatch re Dublin City Centre. Did anyone make it in there for work (who doesn't actually live in the city centre) this morning, what are the roads like.

I'm loving the snow but if I don't make it into work Thurs, Fri, Sat I'm seriously fecked!

Made it in from Finglas to Grafton street with relatively little bother. Roads aren't in great condition, but drivable (I got the bus).

If we get a good pelting today, I can see public transport going off line in fairness. One of the girls in the office reported her bus skidding on the quays on her way in :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

compsys wrote: »
    Really? I'm not too far away in Rathfarnham and still nothing (well apart from this morning's mini blizzard :D)

I work in DL/Blackrock and yesterday it seemed as if all the showers were in Rathfarnham. I took today off work and now it seems as if they're all out in DL/Blackrock! Typical!

The missus texted me.
    She wanted to know if it was alright to use the phrase "Bucketing down" wrt Snow. That was about 11:15-11:25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Will the snow in meath ever die down for a while so i can walk to the shop. or more trek to the shop :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Light snow falling:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

every few mins comes down lighty:mad::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

snowing again in navan now. not that heavy yet, but it's looking like it might go on for a while from whats going on in the sky. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Potential streamer setting up for Dublin CC?

Possibly - definately snow showers in the next hour in the cc. However will the IOM flow cut off the streamer?:pac:

Id say the north suburbs as well could get some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

V. light snow here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

compsys wrote: »
    Really? I'm not too far away in Rathfarnham and still nothing (well apart from this morning's mini blizzard :D)

I work in DL/Blackrock and yesterday it seemed as if all the showers were in Rathfarnham. I took today off work and now it seems as if they're all out in DL/Blackrock! Typical!

Correction, light snow finally beginning to fall again :D Here's hoping it gets heavier.

Dcully wrote: »
    PC heads? wtf are you on about?
    You and a mate you say? even more of a reason to say grow the fcuk up :rolleyes:

I am grown up but i find things funny that most other people don't find funny, apologies

If a guy falls out of a wheelchair, i'll help him up but more than likely laugh about it later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Carlow snowing on and off. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

irish147 wrote: »
    snwoing again here in wex town :)

Your getting mighty excited:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Snowing again in Navan, about 6 inches of snow here allready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

2qk4u wrote: »
    Snowing again in Navan, about 6 inches of snow here allready.

I know mad aint it. Im living in the middle of nowhere but near navan and we could possibly have more and that sky wont let up any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

DID U NOT HEAR!?... Town is Closed , no1 went into work!, theres big signs on all main roads into town... " Sorry, closed due to the S*** Load of White SSSSTuff!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

re that crash video - young fellas laugh at stupid stuff without thinking. its what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that IOM shadow is really annoying me! always just seem to be on the edge of a streamer... i want full whack! :D:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I am grown up but i find things funny that most other people don't find funny, apologies

If a guy falls out of a wheelchair, i'll help him up but more than likely laugh about it later

Fair enough LOL about the wheelchair tbh :P

I know that roundabout well ,exits for Portloise,Carlow Town Center [where that car was coming from?] and down towards the GAA pitch in Carlow town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'll have you know that my dad is in a wheelchair.

and you're right, it is pretty funny when he falls out of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Cloud cover here in Raheny/Killester , a few light snowflakes , we're out of the shadow for the moment anyway:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

couple of flakes blowing in there wind here now in Newbridge

Temp -1.9

Dp -3.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

You couldnt leave it could you...

who in gods name would save up the image of a guy falling out of wheelchair to have a chuckle to themselves later..you need help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Can we let this go now please, maybe you should have posted that in A/H!

GET BACK TO THE SNOW!!!

re that crash video - young fellas laugh at stupid stuff without thinking. its what they do.

we're both in our mid twenties, some people just don't take life as seriously as others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

that IOM shadow is really annoying me! always just seem to be on the edge of a streamer... i want full whack! :D:p

Let's organise a day trip to Navan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Serious snow in Kilkenny now.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

with all the snow and cold spell around i wonder will the be a baby boom in 9 months time :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Its grand in the CC. Bit slushy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just getting a few flurries from the Dublin CC streamer. Looks to be just 2-5 miles too far south.

smokin ace wrote: »
    with all the snow and cold spell around i wonder will the be a baby boom in 9 months time :D:D:D:D

I dont know but ive a fair sore arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

We're off again in Dublin CC (D2).

Light stuff though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sitec wrote: »
    Serious snow in Kilkenny now.:D

Where in KK are you????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Carlow town, just before the sugar factory round about

if its like that in the town, it must be really bad up the ridge and around the blackstairs.

Where in KK are you????

in the City

vibe666 wrote: »
    i'll have you know that my dad is in a wheelchair.

and you're right, it is pretty funny when he falls out of it. :)

glad other people have the same sense of humour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

we're both in our mid twenties, some people just don't take life as seriously as others

mid twenties is firmly young fella territory. the evidence is the the driving past a crashed car filming it and going "hur hur hur".

don't get butt hurt over it. if its ok to call someone an idiot for crashing a car, its also ok to say omeone is a spa for filming it and laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

Just getting a few flurries from the Dublin CC streamer. Looks to be just 2-5 miles too far south.

I'm around 5 miles south and not much here either :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement