Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

rubadub wrote: »
    The 6 pack brioche hot dog buns are still there. I can see a post 11months ago and they were gone, so hopefully they stay as standard now, there were plenty there.

The jarred aldi hot dogs fit them fine, I have also been putting 2-3 chicken nuggets in them with some lettuce. I put nuggets in the burger buns too but they are trickier to handle and fall out.

Micowave the bun for ~10seconds and it goes nicely soft and steamed.

Hot dogs are so unhealthy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭con747

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Hot dogs are so unhealthy

Then don't eat them. If other people want to let them munch away. I love a good hot dog.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,706 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Picked up the Diplomat 80 teabags, reduced to 85c
    Taste ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Aldi used to do an amazing pasta with cheese salad pot. Still miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

the Beef Barbaccoa burrito bowl isn't bad at all - have not tried the chicken one, but there is always loads of them left over. So I'll take that as a sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

bassy wrote: »
    Bloody nice alright,but very heavey in fat.

And people put them in brioche buns *Scream emoji*

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Ya only live once I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thread has got me thinking about making hotdogs tonight now. I dont suppose Aldi do crispy dried onions? I get them the odd time in the food section in Ikea but thats wont be up there for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They did yeah but Im not sure if Ive seen them in a while. Caramelized fresh ones nicer in a hotdog imo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭con747

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thread has got me thinking about making hotdogs tonight now. I dont suppose Aldi do crispy dried onions? I get them the odd time in the food section in Ikea but thats wont be up there for a while yet

I make mine similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IId7UC5vTU add flavour in if you want.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The pickled gherkins are not the same :(
    There's hardly any flavour off the vinegar, it tastes like it's watered down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The pickled gherkins are not the same :(
    There's hardly any flavour off the vinegar, it tastes like it's watered down.

Agreed,I thought they were shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Good offers here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058120540

Picked up the white buttons today - very similar to milky bar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

1kg rooster potato bag has loads of 100% compostable signs over it. Is that the bag or the potatoes?

The back of the bag says Don’t Recycle. Confused!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

1kg rooster potato bag has loads of 100% compostable signs over it. Is that the bag or the potatoes?

The back of the bag says Don’t Recycle. Confused!

I would take it to mean put in your brown bit (food waste) as opposed to your recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Duckegg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

RobAMerc wrote: »
    the Beef Barbaccoa burrito bowl isn't bad at all - have not tried the chicken one, but there is always loads of them left over. So I'll take that as a sign.

Beef was decent, but I found far too many bones in the chicken one. Put me off that companies products.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got the last 3 bags of skin-on fries in my local today, stocked up for a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thargor wrote: »

We have a couple of bags in the freezer. There's no sign of them running low in our branch so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Roald Dahl

fin12 wrote: »
    Can u explain what was in the wine calendar? I’d be interested in the beer one.

It's 24 x 200ml bottles of wine; six each of red, rose, white and sparkling.

It looks like they're on sale on 1 November.

Here's a new link for the UK:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/16/aldi-is-going-to-sell-wine-and-bubbly-advent-calendars-for-2020-13434471/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Roald Dahl

I shall be in my local Aldi at noon to hopefully nab one! Make a beeline to the booze section and then do the rest of the shopping - the opposite to my normal routine - and be at the tills for just after 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Roald Dahl wrote: »
    I shall be in my local Aldi at noon to hopefully nab one! Make a beeline to the booze section and then do the rest of the shopping - the opposite to my normal routine - and be at the tills for just after 12:30.

Sounds good. I was kind of hoping there would be a beer one aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Sounds good. I was kind of hoping there would be a beer one aswell.

oi oi oi to the beer one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

I bought the fancy funghi or whatever they're called. What did people do with them? I was thinking of cooking them in some butter and thyme, add some cream and have on toasted sourdough?
    Opinions or other ideas please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Aldi have a new 750g beef stew in a sealed pack that you add water and veg to and slow cook. Made it the other day and it was terrible. One of the worst meals I've had in a long time. The beef was cheap and there was big lumps of fat in it. Awful stuff.

Did a lovely slow cooked chili with their beef brisket and did another gorgeous slow cooked beef and Guinness stew recently with their diced beef. I'll stick to making it from scratch in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Are these finished?
    I have tried 3 different Aldi's and couldn't find them. I asked one of the staff and he didn't know what I was talking about (no signal in store and I couldn't bring them up on the phone).
    Suckit wrote: »
    I thought that's what the kits are?

On a side note, the Red Pepper and Mozarella parcels are really nice for anyone that mightn't have tried them :)
    VVSRZNp.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Are these finished?
    I have tried 3 different Aldi's and couldn't find them. I asked one of the staff and he didn't know what I was talking about (no signal in store and I couldn't bring them up on the phone).

I dont know but this is the time of year that some products vanish to make space for Xmas products so you might not see them until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Thargor wrote: »

I saw these in my Aldi last night so picked up a bag, can't say I saw them before but there seemed to be plenty in the freezer and no indication they were being discontinued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Are these finished?

These are new so should display a new flash card on the price, might help you find them easier, also sometimes they are mixed with another product and thats why you cant find them..

Advertisement