Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 -63% of Africans in Ireland are unemployed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

road_high wrote:
    Why is it racist to scrutinize the abnormal unemployment levels in a community that have moved to Ireland? Surely it’s prudent and necessary to do so?

It's racist to continue to post false facts when genuine facts have been shown to you with links to the source of facts. Again, the claim in the opening post are false. The correct percentage is 16 percent. The official figures are 16 percent & no higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's racist to continue to post false facts when genuine facts have been shown to you with links to the source of facts. Again, the claim in the opening post are false. The correct percentage is 16 percent. The official figures are 16 percent & no higher.

16% is still abnormal (even if it’s true which I very much doubt)- label away, means nothing to me. I’d be very interested to see the breakdown of % in receipt of all state benefits in the form of RA etc vs the rest of the workforce- there’s a massive issue with certain migrant groupings and welfare- a debate that needs to be had without the attempts to shut it down

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Blueshoe wrote: »
    That will never happen. The majority see no problem or more importantly those with the powers to make changes see no problem with the current situation.

Europe is changing whether we like it or not. This is only the beginning.

Well they love the moral superiority I suppose they think goes with the virtue signaling. It’s just there’s a very heavy tab to be picked up in economic (€3.6 m per month just to house “refugees”) and social costs in places like Balbriggan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Hap cost the state (taxpayers) 142 million euro in 2017

road_high wrote:
    16% is still abnormal (even if it’s true which I very much doubt)- label away, means nothing to me. I’d be very interested to see the breakdown of % in receipt of all state benefits in the form of RA etc vs the rest of the workforce- there’s a massive issue with certain migrant groupings and welfare- a debate that needs to be had without the attempts to shut it down

There are housing estates in Dublin where the White Irish population have much higher unemployment rates than 16 percent. 16 percent isn't "abnormal". Its easy to understand factoring in racists, language, education ect. Obviously we need to try get the 16 percent down.

If 16 percent are unemployed then doesn't that mean that 84 percent are employed? You are labeling an entire race lazy & social welfare frauds based on made up facts.

Can you provide any link to prove your belief that the official 16 percent figure is a lie?

• Advertisement

There are housing estates in Dublin where the White Irish population have much higher unemployment rates than 16 percent. 16 percent isn't "abnormal". Its easy to understand factoring in racists, language, education ect. Obviously we need to try get the 16 percent down.

If 16 percent are unemployed then doesn't that mean that 84 percent are employed? You are labeling an entire race lazy & social welfare frauds based on made up facts.

Can you provide any link to prove your belief that the official 16 percent figure is a lie?

But they are Irish citizens.
    Why fly in people only for the tax payers to house and pay benifits to. Makes no sense.

We don't owe these people anything. Just like other countries don't owe Irish people anything.
    Why are we flying them in? Who is authorising this?

It's very peculiar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

So, is she basically saying " employ black people or you're racist "

Will there now be calls for 'race quotas' just like there are 'gender quotas' ?

Blueshoe wrote:
    But they are Irish citizens. Why fly in people only for the tax payers to house and pay benifits to. Makes no sense.

Don't you think that the taxes collected from the 84 percent in employment more than covers the SW for the 16 percent? In other words Africans aren't a net drain on our system. That doesn't mean that we have to accept 16 unemployment in the long term. Education, courses etc are required. Educating the racists is required too though. There is no point training people if some employers /customers are racist and they still cannot get a job

Irish men seem to be shooting blanks. We aren't having enough kids. We need to import people from other countries to work here. There aren't enough Irish people to pay my pension when I retire. I welcome immigrants. The more the merrier if you ask me. I want to as well paid in my retirement and OAPs are today.

Irish men seem to be shooting blanks. We aren't having enough kids. We need to import people from other countries to work here. There aren't enough Irish people to pay my pension when I retire.

Is that actually true though? It's often quoted but the figures are rarely quoted to back it up.

Don't you think that the taxes collected from the 84 percent in employment more than covers the SW for the 16 percent? In other words Africans aren't a net drain on our system. That doesn't mean that we have to accept 16 unemployment in the long term. Education, courses etc are required. Educating the racists is required too though. There is no point training people if some employers /customers are racist and they still cannot get a job

Irish men seem to be shooting blanks. We aren't having enough kids. We need to import people from other countries to work here. There aren't enough Irish people to pay my pension when I retire. I welcome immigrants. The more the merrier if you ask me. I want to as well paid in my retirement and OAPs are today.

Fair enough. I appreciate your honesty but disagree with your opinion. That's life.

Ireland is almost bang on the replacement rate required but let's pretend it's not.

"The more the merrier"
    About 1/5 of the total population here are foreign born. Is that more the merrier statement true. If we got to 50% foreign born would you feel any different?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Irish men seem to be shooting blanks. We aren't having enough kids. We need to import people from other countries to work here. There aren't enough Irish people to pay my pension when I retire.

Why not have a proper points system immigration policy and not bring in any tom dick or harry with no qualifications and then having to house them, welfare etc. Or is bringing in any tom dick or harry a way of driving down wages ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's racist to claim otherwise when a black doctor tells you it's between 43 and 63 percent.
    3.10 into interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8qfy8ahveY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Can you explain Dr Joseph's methodology and explain in detail the massive discrepancy between the figures 16% and 43%
    Please explain this in detail.

Is that actually true though? It's often quoted but the figures are rarely quoted to back it up.

We are not producing enough children to support the system. This is fact. Mother, father and two kids isn't increasing the population. Its only keeping it the same or less.
    Blueshoe wrote:
    "The more the merrier" About 1/5 of the total population here are foreign born. Is that more the merrier statement true. If we got to 50% foreign born would you feel any different?

I live in Dublin. I meet different colours and nationalities daily. I don't have a problem with 50 percent. The travelling community are the only group keeping the birth rate up. Irish people have gone away from big families. If Irish can't /won't produce enough children then we have to import them. Latest figures show that average number of children per family in 2016 was 1.38. Do the maths. Two parents having 1.38 children isn't increasing or even keeping the same. It's decreasing. They aren't producing two children to replace the two adults. Factor in the adults that never will have children.

Ireland would be well and truly fecked in the future without immigration.

We are not producing enough children to support the system. This is fact. Mother, father and two kids isn't increasing the population. Its only keeping it the same or less.

I live in Dublin. I meet different colours and nationalities daily. I don't have a problem with 50 percent. The travelling community are the only group keeping the birth rate up. Irish people have gone away from big families. If Irish can't /won't produce enough children then we have to import them. Latest figures show that average number of children per family in 2016 was 1.38. Do the maths. Two parents having 1.38 children isn't increasing or even keeping the same. It's decreasing. They aren't producing two children to replace the two adults. Factor in the adults that never will have children.

Don't you mean they can't afford to have more children.

Have you not read the thread at all?

The link on the opening post doesn't work but even if it did work we know as fact, real fact not alternative fact, that the claim is totally false. Why do you continue to quote fake news?

16 percent of Africans living in Ireland are unemployed. This is fact. 16 percent, not 50 percent or 70 percent.

I should point out that much more than 16 percent of some white Irish housing estates are unemployed. 16 percent isn't a massive percentage on the grand scheme of things considering education, language racism etc.

You can be as anti immigration as you like in your posts but jasus why can't you keep them factual instead of posting fake facts?

16% of African migrants are out of work. Dr Joseph was speaking about all Africans including naturalised citizens and those born here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ive asked this in another thread, unsurprisingly I didn’t get an answer.

It is almost impossible to have more than one or two kids in Ireland due to the cost of living. Both parents need to have decent jobs just to be able to afford a house nowadays. Are there migrants going to suddenly be paid more than Irish people? Will their cost of living be significantly lower than Irish people?? If not, how will they afford 3+ children, plus housing etc?? Will it be council houses and handouts? Won’t that leave less money in the SW pot for pensions etc??

Your post confirms replacement migration is taking place. Ie the great replacement

Ive asked this in another thread, unsurprisingly I didn’t get an answer.

It is almost impossible to have more than one or two kids in Ireland due to the cost of living. Both parents need to have decent jobs just to be able to afford a house nowadays. Are there migrants going to suddenly be paid more than Irish people? Will their cost of living be significantly lower than Irish people?? If not, how will they afford 3+ children, plus housing etc?? Will it be council houses and handouts? Won’t that leave less money in the SW pot for pensions etc??

Their cost of living will be somewhat lower as there are proposals on the table that migrants pay less tax than Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe Ireland needs better incentives to help our birthrate, like Hungary.

Even then Ireland has highest birth rate and lowest death rate in EU
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-has-highest-birth-rate-and-lowest-death-rate-in-eu-1.3952983

• Advertisement

16% of African migrants are out of work. Dr Joseph was speaking about all Africans including naturalised citizens and those born here.

Dr Joseph plucked figures from the sky & was figuratively speaking. Dr Joseph guessed between 43% and 63. Guessed! No facts, just plucked this figure from the sky!

Have a read of what you just posted there. You are saying that a higher percentage of Africans born here or living here 20/30 years are on SW compared to recent immigrants? Now you know that's not true.

biko wrote: »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-has-highest-birth-rate-and-lowest-death-rate-in-eu-1.3952983

Tax relief for kids or more important to young families would be totally free child care. Not many parents can afford two or more kids in creche. This would put many off having more kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

biko wrote: »

no maybe about it. hungary has it's priorities correct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Irish men are shooting blanks? Guess it’s never the woman’s fault then? So you go to call people for being racist yet sit there as a massive feminist though? And you wonder why no one is listening?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

It is almost impossible to have more than one or two kids in Ireland due to the cost of living.

Unless you are some of the people referred to in the title. Then cost of living is not an issue ;)
    Irish men are shooting blanks? Guess it’s never the woman’s fault then? So you go to call people for being racist yet sit there as a massive feminist though? And you wonder why no one is listening?

... I read his comment as a random thought tbh, it is fairly common knowledge I assume that even things as commonplace as workplace stress can have significant affects on womens' fertility. No genders' fault, any declining birth-rate here is in fact socio-economic. We're becoming Japan, if Japan were completely asleep at the wheel on the topic of immigration.

You blame who you want. Men /women, it makes no difference to the birth rate. Blame the pill or abortion if it makes you feel better but it doesn't change the fact that we aren't having enough kids & we need immigrants to take up the slack. I've supported OAPs for over 30 years. I'll be 54 years working by the time they pay me a state pension and all the perks. I could care less if the young men & women who end up supporting me in my old age are black or white.

You blame who you want. Men /women, it makes no difference to the birth rate. Blame the pill or abortion if it makes you feel better but it doesn't change the fact that we aren't having enough kids & we need immigrants to take up the slack. I've supported OAPs for over 30 years. I'll be 54 years working by the time they pay me a state pension and all the perks. I could care less if the young men & women who end up supporting me in my old age are black or white.

Some people say the state pension won't exist by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Their cost of living will be somewhat lower as there are proposals on the table that migrants pay less tax than Irish people.

Hold on. That cannot be true!! Is it?

Blueshoe wrote:

They are still increasing it most years. Despite brexit they are stupid enough to give an extra 5 euro this year too I'll wager. Not a hope in hell of it being done away with in my lifetime. We just need to invite more suckers into the country to support it. Not just the pension either. I want free medical card, TV licence, phone rental, free travel, fuel allowance etc. I want, I want. I'm entitled! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Blueshoe wrote: »

Hope it won’t exist. Because this other poster seems to think others will save him later

Advertisement