Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 -63% of Africans in Ireland are unemployed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Boggles wrote:
    African unemployment is in and around 16%.

But, but, but they are facts. You can't go around using facts on racist threads. You will confuse the racists

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boggles wrote: »
    African unemployment is in and around 16%.
    From article
    African nationals living in Ireland have a higher unemployment rate than other migrants and Irish people.

It has found that 16% of Africans living in Ireland are out of work, compared with 4% of people from western European countries.

The employment rate for Africans in Ireland was also very low at 45%, while 66% of Irish nationals were working.
    It doesn't mention why this is. Lower education levels perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yurt! wrote: »
    Albanian gangs are cleaning up in the cocaine trade in the UK. This is only my suspicion, but some of these gangs may be using Ireland as a way to access the UK, as the British have been cracking down with immigration for a number of years now.

There was a huge spike in Pakistani applicants here a couple of years back after a nationwide immigration enforcement on bogus students in Blighty. Among them was the infamous Longford based Pakistani 'nurse' who took to social media to fight his deportation - he was already persona-non-grata in the UK.

I keep saying it but Ireland is a soft touch and these scam artists can run rings around our caring sharing system and the general good nature of the Irish people. Australia is the model we should emulate- if the bleeding heart brigade go up in arms well they can pay for these fraudsters themselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

road_high wrote: »
    I keep saying it but Ireland is a soft touch and these scam artists can run rings around our caring sharing system and the general good nature of the Irish people. Australia is the model we should emulate- if the bleeding heart brigade go up in arms well they can pay for these fraudsters themselves

The EU make the rules.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The EU make the rules.

I’ve heard that excuse used numerous times but doesn’t add up because other EU states take a far harder line on this non sense.
    I blame our own govt, media and set of moral guardian who seem to dictate everything here

• Advertisement

lola85 wrote: »
    Remember lads build all the social houses we need for everyone who declares themselves homeless and arrives here from war torn countries.

Just keep building, I’m sure they will stop coming once there is an over supply of free houses because they are honest people who aren’t here to take advantage of us absolute mugs.

They’ll be reproducing also at a rapid rate (first priority usually, you’d think the last thing “refugees” would need are more kids but hey ho) so multiply that by about 5 or 6.

I’ve heard that excuse used numerous times but doesn’t add up because other EU states take a far harder line on this non sense.
    I blame our own govt, media and set of moral guardian who seem to dictate everything here

I would say that most Irish people are happy with the current immigration situation

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A 20% margin of error sounds like a guess. What percentage of those people are barred from working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I would say that most Irish people are happy with the current immigration situation

I would say most Irish people are fed up of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Give it until the Oct budget or a year or two for them to really notice the changes in Ireland.

• Advertisement

antix80 wrote: »
    I would say most Irish people are fed up of it.

Yet to see any real push back against it bar a few posts on boards.ie.

Have you?

They aren’t at all. But it’s slipped very much under the radar and any debate has been nicely shut down by the “you’re racist” brigade. It’s a fundamental issue for me, our migration policy or lack there of.
    No major issue with EU migration bar Romania which has landed a heap of problems on our doorstep and never should have been allowed free moment as the disparity in living standards is too great still.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Give it until the Oct budget or a year or two for them to really notice the changes in Ireland.

Over 820,000 people living here who were born in a foreign country at the time of census 2016.
    Almost one fifth of the population.
    Obviously vast majority are just normal working people.

But I haven't seen any real opposition to this. So people are happy with the current trend

Have you?

The debate gets shut down unfortunately

Over 820,000 people living here who were born in a foreign country at the time of census 2016.
    Almost one fifth of the population.
    Obviously vast majority are just normal working people.

But I haven't seen any real opposition to this. So people are happy with the current trend

Are the “vast majority “? Certainly not on the case of Africans where 70% aren’t. And god only knows what the real stats are.
    A County Cllr in Kildare spoke up a few years ago about his frustration dealing with the aggressive demands of certain Africans and the guy was absolutely vilified. All he did was speak the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Have you?

Mention concerns with immigration levels in the ‘real world’ and you very quickly get branded racist and right wing, with same reinforced by the media. So you won’t openly see push back which is by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

Meanwhile the native Irish are forced to commute from places like Portlaoise with their hard earned taxes paying the rent allowance for these lot. Some country!

Portlaoise is fairly bad too. Been abused a few times called a white devil etc. Have heard stories of Africans demanding new houses because they want 4 beds instead of 3 with not enough occupants to cover. Loads of houses also been turned down because they dont like the houses or too far away from centre of town. Fairly bad tbh. Not to mention abusive and threatening behaviour to people in council.

Are the “vast majority “? Certainly not on the case of Africans where 70% aren’t. And god only knows what the real stats are.
    A County Cllr in Kildare spoke up a few years ago about his frustration dealing with the aggressive demands of certain Africans and the guy was absolutely vilified. All he did was speak the truth

The vast majority of Africans clearly aren't. As per the stats.

Again I don't think the vast majority of people actually care. They are either happy with the situation, aren't informed or are too docile to complain.

But who do you go to if you aren't happy with the situation?
    You will definitely be branded a racist. Once one person calls someone a racist the masses automatically agree and your opinion becomes mute.

From your local politician to the top of the EU there is nobody who will listen to your concerns.

madmac187 wrote: »
    Portlaoise is fairly bad too. Been abused a few times called a white devil etc. Have heard stories of Africans demanding new houses because they want 4 beds instead of 3 with not enough occupants to cover. Loads of houses also been turned down because they dont like the houses or too far away from centre of town. Fairly bad tbh. Not to mention abusive and threatening behaviour to people in council.

How is this ****e being tolerated? Yes little Lagos as it’s called. They’ve added very little to an already fairly rough town

In bold, can you link to this claim?

This: https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1107/1009164-esri_migrants/ has already been posted on the thread but you insist on ignoring the facts & making up your own "Trump" like "facts"

It has found that 16% of Africans living in Ireland are out of work, compared with 4% of people from western European countries.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    In bold, can you link to this claim?

This: https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1107/1009164-esri_migrants/ has already been posted on the thread but you insist on ignoring the facts & making up your own "Trump" like "facts"

Ah the owl Trumpisms come out because I’m hitting a nerve ! I’m referring to the data in the original post that up to 63% are bone idle and living off the state- that can easily be rounded up to 70% with dead end courses and the like that are used to massage figures.
    Even your own stats state African Migrants are an eye watering 4 times more likely to be on the scratcher- no doubt hugely weighed down by the racist Irish and our endless prejudices

The real question is:

What are any of you going to do about it?

JamBur wrote: »
    The company I work in hires contract staff in quite regularly. There is often African lads come in. They require a lot of extra attention and training.

Most have never been in a factory environment before. Unfortunately some of them react negatively to this extra attention. They perceive it as being due to their colour. I cannot emphasize enough that it is ability. not race that necessitates the extra attention. Before I would have helped out with training them up, but now Ill stay away from it.

That’s because the do gooder brigade have instilled the race card into these people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

IMO if you do not have a job within 3 mo the of being here you should be shipped back home.

The real question is:

What are any of you going to do about it?

I’d close off non EU migration completely and base it rigorously and entirely on labour, skills and economic need. But unfortunately common sense isn't iin charge

• Site Banned Posts: 13 The Kang

But I thought the migrants were here to pay our pensions?

The Kang wrote: »
    But I thought the migrants were here to pay our pensions?

No we’re here to pay their housing, medical and welfare costs silly

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    But, but, but they are facts. You can't go around using facts on racist threads. You will confuse the racists

Why is it racist to scrutinize the abnormal unemployment levels in a community that have moved to Ireland? Surely it’s prudent and necessary to do so?

road_high wrote:
    Ah the owl Trumpisms come out because I’m hitting a nerve ! I’m referring to the data in the original post that up to 63% are bone idle and living off the state- that can easily be rounded up to 70% with dead end courses and the like that are used to massage figures. Even your own stats state African Migrants are an eye watering 4 times more likely to be on the scratcher- no doubt hugely weighed down by the racist Irish and our endless prejudices

Have you not read the thread at all?

The link on the opening post doesn't work but even if it did work we know as fact, real fact not alternative fact, that the claim is totally false. Why do you continue to quote fake news?

16 percent of Africans living in Ireland are unemployed. This is fact. 16 percent, not 50 percent or 70 percent.

I should point out that much more than 16 percent of some white Irish housing estates are unemployed. 16 percent isn't a massive percentage on the grand scheme of things considering education, language racism etc.

You can be as anti immigration as you like in your posts but jasus why can't you keep them factual instead of posting fake facts?

• Advertisement

I’d close off non EU migration completely and base it rigorously and entirely on labour, skills and economic need. But unfortunately common sense isn't iin charge

That will never happen. The majority see no problem or more importantly those with the powers to make changes see no problem with the current situation.

Europe is changing whether we like it or not. This is only the beginning.

Advertisement