Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 -63% of Africans in Ireland are unemployed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Daisies wrote: »
    If you continued to quote the remainder of my post you would see that he would have had a C&G if he completed another year in his technical college. I'm not going to continue to argue with you. I've given my experience from knowing "Africans" who want to work, who are working hard in Ireland etc
    He would have been an astrophysicist if he had completed a masters in that.
    I'm surprised he wasn't fully qualified after 4 years of a bona fide apprenticeship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Dr Joseph, the middle child of a family of seven, was a bright student, in her home country of Nigeria. She flew through school years, receiving her bachelor’s degree in microbiology at the age of 20, only to start from nil in Ireland at 30.
    Ebun Joseph Akpoveta was born in Nigeria in 1970. She is originally from Okpe in
    the State of Edo but she was later raised in Benin City. Her primary degree is in Microbiology from the University of Benin in Nigeria. Her professional career started in the State of Lagos and she was the Administrative Secretary for the Nigerian Britain Association before she moved to Ireland back in 2002.

Something doesn't add up here. Did she arrive under the anchor baby/refugee swindle in the early 2000s? If so whatever yarn she spun couldn't tally with her account of her life in Nigeria. Has her claim of a BSc in microbiology in 1990 been verified? It's hard to get the information from their website but she isn't listed as one of their prominent graduates. Did that university have such a course beginning in 1986? It's been a radical change of career direction...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/features/an-unforgettable-campaigner-talks-social-injustice-870383.html

https://www.estudiosirlandeses.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Interview-2.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

Boggles wrote: »
    First tell me, How did he know which country in Africa these fictional people he didn't meet were from?

You can't tell the difference between a Somali and a Nigerian by looking at them?

This is the main problem with the left. A lack of education. Projecting ones own ignorance on to everyone else. Expecting the rest of us to walk around in the same mode of perpetual stupidity.

It's like the people applauding the Sikh MP who laid into Johnson for his letterboxes remark. People proudly displaying their own ignorance in not knowing that the burqa/ niqab is

a- a statement of ones own alignment to Salafi/ Wahabbi Islam, a political statement essentially

b- almost unheard of in the west until up to and after 9/11. Not native to virtually every major source country of Muslim migration to Western Europe (Pakistan, Turkey, North Africa, fmr Yugoslavia)

Regarding the OP figures, what defines unemployed?

Are housewives unemployed? The elderly? Full time students over 16?

I'd like to see a figure about how many are claiming 198 per week or are on illness benefit before grabbing my pitchfork i.e is it dramatically higher than the circa 4 percent of the general population doing likewise. Certainly I've seen plenty working on sites- not as many as E Europeans but probably at a rate proportionate to their population (and contrary to popular stereotypes some E Europeans wouldn't work hard taking a ****e. A lot of them are very fond of a smoke break shall we say)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭quokula

You can't tell the difference between a Somali and a Nigerian by looking at them?

I didn't realise all black people were either Nigerian or Somalian. Thanks for that enlightenment.

• Advertisement

For the benefit of those who can't, the Somalis are the small skinny ones who are a bit arabic looking.
    I sometimes say Habari gani to them, and they smile and reply in Kiswahili.
    The Nigerians are the ones with a gigantic ass, its the powerful gluteus maximus that makes them the world's best sprinters.

quokula wrote: »
    I didn't realise all black people were either Nigerian or Somalian. Thanks for that enlightenment.

Nigerians and Somalians are both black.

Icelanders and Greeks are both white.

If I showed you 20 Europeans and asked you to seperate the Scandavians and Irish into one room and the Greeks, Italians and Spaniards into another, you would probably be able to do so with 100 percent success rate.

For the previous poster to claim he can't tell the difference between a West and East African shows his own lack of education and worldliness. And he expects everyone else to be similarly ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

N
    For the previous poster to claim he can't tell the difference between a West and East African shows his own lack of education and worldliness. And he expects everyone else to be similarly ignorant.

Firstly, welcome (back) to boards.

So let's say I post pictures of random Africans from different countries, you could tell me which countries they came from because of your "education" and "worldliness"? :pac:

You'll last long all right lad.

Get up the yard.

Firstly, welcome (back) to boards.

So let's say I post pictures of random Africans from different countries, you could tell me which countries they came from because of your education and worldliness.

You'll last long all right.

:pac:

Countries? Not quite.

Regions? Yes. Can I distinguish an Eritrean from a Somal? No. Can I distinguish East from West? Of course. You tend to be able to when you have an education, when you've travelled and interacted with people. Then again you see absolutely feck all black people turn up at left wing marches, so I suppose when your social group consists of Irish full time activist types you don't see much of other cultures.

We get it. The modern left resents education. It goes against their lack of life experience and their general adherence to book burning.

Tell me this. When you go door knocking for the PBP what sort of reaction do you get trying to sell Soviet glorifying communism to Lithuanians and Poles?

Countries? Not quite.

Oh right.

That's what the poster was claiming he could do.

I know you are "new" but try keep up lad.

So far I see no evidence of that education you keeping bleating on about.

Yard
    >

• Advertisement

Oh right.

That's what the poster was claiming he could do.

I know you are "new" but try keep up lad.

So far I see no evidence of that education you keeping bleating on about.

Yard
    >

So just to make it clear, you can't tell the difference between East, West and Southern Africans and expect the rest of us to stew in similar ignorance.

Thank you Boggles, all we needed to hear!

So just to make it clear, you can't tell the difference between East, West and Southern Africans and expect the rest of us to stew in similar ignorance.

Thank you Boggles, all we needed to hear!

You are having an argument no one is having. :D

Maybe just observe a bit before posting again, it can be tricky being "new".

You are having an argument no one is having. :D

Maybe just observe a bit before posting again, it can be tricky being "new".

Tell me Boggles, why is the Irish left so stale and pale?

I don't recall ever seeing a minority at your crusty marches or as a fielded candidate on posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

LuasSimon wrote: »
    At least there’s a fair amount of Africans working when you compare it to the Irish traveller population where 99% are claiming welfare

Thats not exactly a very high bar to be raising for people you are importing into a country with zero links or connection to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

First tell me, How did he know which country in Africa these fictional people he didn't meet were from?

Secondly, how did he even know they were from Africa?

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Secondly, how did he even know they were from Africa?
    :) Good one.
    I suppose in hindsight, it could have been Bill Cosby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

There is no point in debating with the illiberal left
    Black & Brown people with black hair & brown eyes are people of colour, but you can't call them coloured, that would be racist.
    The White people with Blonde, brown, black, red hair & blue, brown, green ,hazel, grey eyes are not people of colour.
    The people of colour are the minorities
    While the whites are the minority on the planet
    With the illiberal left, up is down & down is up.
    The classic liberal should not be confused with the modern "liberal left"

These Africans on the Dole in Ireland are all Doctors and Engineers, just waiting for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭riddles

It amazes me the experience of people on this thread. According to the narrative proposed by RTE. The direct provision are bursting at the seems with people “who just want to go out and work!”

riddles wrote: »
    It amazes me the experience of people on this thread. According to the narrative proposed by RTE. The direct provision are bursting at the seems with people “who just want to go out and work!”

The direct provision propoganda is getting tiresome. In fact, when it comes to comparisons with Magdalene Laundries and industrial schools it becomes downright offensive.

Let's break it down for a second. An asylum claim for any non EU state will generally be entertained for up to several years potentially, as long as the claimant doesn't originate from a country we'd regard as rich and westernised (North America, Australia etc). Hence why many claimants come from imperfect but fully functioning democracies such as Georgia, Albania and South Africa (S.A having been democratic since 1994 and legalised gay marriage back when most Irish people thought it was a laughable idea).

Despite having no genuine fear of persecution, an asylum seeker can spend years living in direct provision. While there they get-

- free electric and heat
    - free food
    - free internet
    - free TV licence (and presumably a sky package)
    - free medical cover
    - free schooling for children (I somehow doubt they get shaken down for the "voluntary contribution")
    - I'm fairly sure they get some free travel, if not unlimited

No rent bills food or clothes to pay for, all with an additional 40 euro a week. And some people whose nations will probably be EU members by 2030 are on this.

Now, some idiot might suggest much of the above is also given to prisoners.

Difference being, an asylum seeker can leave DP and source their own accommodation if they can afford it or have a relative willing to put them up. A prisoner can't swan off home. The only drawback of DP is that you can draw the short straw and be exiled to rural Kerry and the like.

It's the ****ing life of reilly living in them. I was floored reading the account of a Sierra Leonean girl the other week in the IT who had lived in one- unlike some of the mouths giving out she was highly grateful for her time spent in one. She said it could be boring but it was a roof over her head and all up not an entirely unpleasant place to live. Maybe she thought, shock horror, people from abroad shouldn't just be handed a subsidised house ahead of people already on the list during the worst housing shortage in 50 years.

Clearly the PBP visiting committee didn't get to meet her and fill her head with entitled nonsense.

An asylum claim for any non EU state will generally be entertained for up to several years potentially..
    If they can withstand the boredom for 4 years, get papers and sign on for 6 months, then work for 6 months, they can claim Irish citizenship.
    Which makes them as Irish as somebody born and bred here, according to some.

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    If they can withstand the boredom for 4 years, get papers and sign on for 6 months, then work for 6 months, they can claim Irish citizenship.
    Which makes them as Irish as somebody born and bred here, according to some.

I always wonder how people even end up getting deported at all when you see people from the likes of Bangladesh be granted asylum or leave to remain. It's like there's a minimum quota and some poor sod has to draw the short straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Augme

JamBur wrote: »
    The company I work in hires contract staff in quite regularly. There is often African lads come in. They require a lot of extra attention and training.

Most have never been in a factory environment before. Unfortunately some of them react negatively to this extra attention. They perceive it as being due to their colour. I cannot emphasize enough that it is ability. not race that necessitates the extra attention. Before I would have helped out with training them up, but now Ill stay away from it.

Rascist posts like this post perfectly sum up why unemployment rate with Africans is so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Augme wrote: »
    Rascist posts like this post perfectly sum up why unemployment rate with Africans is so high.

Yep sure is. Ya hit the nail on the head there so ya did. That's whys totally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

The unemployment rate is below 5% in this country. If you cannot find a job in this economy, you are one or more of the following

1. Bone idle lazy
    2. Mentally incapacitated
    3. On drugs
    4. Prefer to stay on benefits

Almost Anybody with a heart beat can find a job today. An overhaul of the benefits system in this country is long overdue. Specific, long term welfare cases should be targeted with legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Maybe you need to stop thinking with your feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Let's break it down for a second. An asylum claim for any non EU state will generally be entertained for up to several years potentially, as long as the claimant doesn't originate from a country we'd regard as rich and westernised (North America, Australia etc). Hence why many claimants come from imperfect but fully functioning democracies such as Georgia, Albania and South Africa (S.A having been democratic since 1994 and legalised gay marriage back when most Irish people thought it was a laughable idea).

I know that there have been people from the USA, South Korea and Chile in the direct provision system making claims for international protection at various stages. All developed, wealthy democracies.

They are of course declined, but they are legally entitled to go through the appeals process should they wish to do so. Barristers and solicitors making bank all they way.

The unemployment rate is below 5% in this country. If you cannot find a job in this economy, you are one or more of the following

1. Bone idle lazy
    2. Mentally incapacitated
    3. On drugs
    4. Prefer to stay on benefits

Almost Anybody with a heart beat can find a job today. An overhaul of the benefits system in this country is long overdue. Specific, long term welfare cases should be targeted with legislation.

There's two types of permanently unemployed people in Ireland.

There are those who think refugees etc get a better standard of benefits than they do, and get hassled less by Intreo to find a job. This goes on a case by case basis. Is a person in direct provision getting better benefits than some waster in his 50s who got a council house in his 20s and has barely worked?

No.

Is a Syrian family being gifted a home within 3 months of arrival being treated better than an Irish family living in a hotel for a year?

Absolutely. And unlike the aforementioned dole lifer, plenty of lower income working people can find themselves in emergency accommodation.

The other class of Irish welfare warrior is the left wing party aligned one. He or she lives a comfortable if not extravagant life on benefits and housing assistance, and they see no reason why people from abroad shouldn't be entitled to some of the same pie, seeing as you and me will pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Some of the top “asylum “ countries to Ireland are frankly a piss take- the likes of Albania and Georgia near the top- they are economic migrants nothing more. And psssed through about a dozen safe countries to get here. Total and utter farce

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

road_high wrote: »
    Some of the top “asylum “ countries to Ireland are frankly a piss take- the likes of Albania and Georgia near the top- they are economic migrants nothing more. And psssed through about a dozen safe countries to get here. Total and utter farce

Albanian gangs are cleaning up in the cocaine trade in the UK. This is only my suspicion, but some of these gangs may be using Ireland as a way to access the UK, as the British have been cracking down with immigration for a number of years now.

There was a huge spike in Pakistani applicants here a couple of years back after a nationwide immigration enforcement on bogus students in Blighty. Among them was the infamous Longford based Pakistani 'nurse' who took to social media to fight his deportation - he was already persona-non-grata in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Remember lads build all the social houses we need for everyone who declares themselves homeless and arrives here from war torn countries.

Just keep building, I’m sure they will stop coming once there is an over supply of free houses because they are honest people who aren’t here to take advantage of us absolute mugs.

Advertisement