Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Is not having enough room for the trampoline a valid one?

We talking an 8ft or 13ft? And does it have a good netting enclosure?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We talking an 8ft or 13ft? And does it have a good netting enclosure?

Well an 8ft would be out because you need to have more than 1ft per child.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good. She's Irish and the most important job any woman can do is mother (apart from teacher and oncologist obviously).

No.
    ShaneC93 wrote: »
    300,000+ views on Facebook. Very surprised the comments are so positive, I don't see any negative at all.

Given the very low comments : views ratio (70 comments for 300K views?) I'd make a guess that the poster of the video is deleting any negative comments.

You can only comment if you are friends with the video poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Turnipman wrote: »
    I think that you're allowed 2 refusals and then you're removed from the list.

3 in a 12 month period before they face sanction

As it currently stands

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gatling wrote: »
    3 in a 12 month period before they face sanction

As it currently stands

... and after that you take your kids to a Garda station for the night and get your face in the media and you're landed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Del Boy says it so eloquently...
    https://youtu.be/FO6osJlH3II

Surely an articulate woman like this is capable of working?

The irony is thousands of working people agree with some of what she says but they're too busy working to stand in front of the Dail and rant. Working people have rights too, Margaret. Many of them lost their homes in the last financial crisis despite them working their fingers to the bone and doing their best to keep the banks happy. Many of them are homeless too. People who have worked all their lives, paid into the system all their lives and have done so through thick and thin.

Working people have rights too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... and after that you take your kids to a Garda station for the night and get your face in the media and you're landed.

She played a ****ty not fit for purpose system and won. If she was a TD reaping in expenses the party faithful would be chiming in with, 'What did he/she do that was illegal'? Or pats on the back for being a cute hoor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Says she is "trying to remain positive" ?

9 f**king brats, Jaysus she's some moments of happiness I'd say. Any point asking where dadddy/ies is/are ?

So am I , If it wasn't for the long hours at work, the extortionate rent , the unending bills, the stress of living in a **** hole where feral vermin are ruining the lives of decent hardworking people bringing their kids up to be good tolerant kind people Im sure I'd be grand. Im F*ckin trapped in this open prison and cnuts who contribute nothing have more chance of getting a "Forever Home" than me or any of my friends. Im f*ckin depressed A house in Dublin 4 near the sea will cheer me right up any chance I can skip the Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

If she was a TD reaping in expenses the party faithful would be chiming in with, 'What did he/she do that was illegal'? Or pats on the back for being a cute hoor.

What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

What I think annoys others and definitely myself, is that we did not have one politician from any party call out this blatant p*ss take. Similar to that other spoofer Erica, who was congratulated by the now Tanaiste and got to speak at another's party's ard fheis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

She is originally from the UK but has family here and has mental health issues.

No Bloody reproductive health issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    300,000+ views on Facebook. Very surprised the comments are so positive, I don't see any negative at all.

Given the very low comments : views ratio (70 comments for 300K views?) I'd make a guess that the poster of the video is deleting any negative comments.
    Facebook is not anonymous.

There is no way in hell I'd state my views (moderate with respect to the tone on this thread) publicly.

I kinda value being employed....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd love to have seen someone take the microphone from her outside Dail Eireann and challenge her.
    Just any random walking on Kildare Street that day.
    Ask her the awkward questions that the media won ask her.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd love to have seen someone take the microphone from her outside Dail Eireann and challenge her.

You'd be hammered on social media for picking on a vulnerable woman.
    They'd be calls for you to be sacked from your job and if you didn't they'd want a boycott of where you worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I think the likes of Facebook and Twitter have became dangerous places. I don't think you should just be able to block comments on your page so only peoples comments you agree with appear , which in turn are not seen by people who follow you. It creates a very one dimensional view of society.

I don't comment on Facebook or Twitter just observe but lately you see the same nonsense thrown up unchallenged for example the ruc evicted squatters, guards are scum, everything in politics is corrupt because Gemma won't be president and it's recited again and again by the followers.

While I won't agree with everyone on boards it's good the platform is there where you can see both sides of a debate, challenge statements or just try and give help to someone trying to wire a plug in the electrical forum.

I know this is not directly related to this story but nice to hear alternative voices and thanks to the mods etc. who make it possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Far right lunatic verbally assaults mother of six?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Far right lunatic verbally assaults mother of six?

Seven*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Seven*

... thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

You'd be hammered on social media for picking on a vulnerable woman.
    They'd be calls for you to be sacked from your job and if you didn't they'd want a boycott of where you worked.
    The mob mentality is unbelievable really, you'd have to wonder how many of them actually form/have their own opinions on matters, or are just blindly following the opinions of those who shout loudest. I find it hard to understand how so many people can defend Margaret Cash, considering the facts of the case - maybe they don't know the facts (i.e. that she's a leech) or, for some reason, just choose to ignore them. "There are none so blind as those who will not see" springs to mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Someone on 50k is well able to spend 300 on clothing

Someone on €50k that would rather spend €30 on fake designer clothing. It’s a Moore street special I bet. Those Cash types squander it all on their boyfriends/husbands drink, people carriers, gold and fake tan.

Someone on €50k that would rather spend €30 on fake designer clothing. It’s a Moore street special I bet. Those Cash types squander it all on their boyfriends/husbands drink, people carriers, gold and fake tan.

I think that's the most depressing sentence I have ever read.

Because it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

The mob mentality is unbelievable really, you'd have to wonder how many of them actually form/have their own opinions on matters, or are just blindly following the opinions of those who shout loudest. I find it hard to understand how so many people can defend Margaret Cash, considering the facts of the case - maybe they don't know the facts (i.e. that she's a leech) or, for some reason, just choose to ignore them. "There are none so blind as those who will not see" springs to mind..

People like cash are seen as anti establishment rebels, a segment of the Liberal population despise the middle class and cheer on anyone who sticks two fingers up to them, hence why the media loves travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Exactly.

For example why she can't go and find a house to rent with all the completely unearned money she receives...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

I think that's the most depressing sentence I have ever read.

Because it's true.

it's the 2nd most depressing sentence.

The most depressing sentance is "we're still talking about her"

... thus far.

The clown car is away getting refueled?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

People like cash are seen as anti establishment rebels, a segment of the Liberal population despise the middle class and cheer on anyone who sticks two fingers up to them, hence why the media loves travellers.

Unless they're living near by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The wizards sleeve is being re-hemmed.

She's 29 isn't she ?

That car has plenty of mileage left sadly!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Turnipman wrote: »
    I think that you're allowed 2 refusals and then you're removed from the list. Although if her refusals were for non-trivial reasons, she may be OK.

I also think that there needs to be a rule whereby anyone who trashes a council property gets disqualified from ever getting another one. There is absolutely no reason why an adult who has the nous to fill out forms at 18 for their foreva home can't look after it. If you can't respect a property, then you don't deserve a property.

If you rip out fixtures and fittings then off with ya to get a mortgage of your own. Lets see how quickly you'll wreck the doors, carpets or plumbing that you actually paid for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

She played a ****ty not fit for purpose system and won. If she was a TD reaping in expenses the party faithful would be chiming in with, 'What did he/she do that was illegal'? Or pats on the back for being a cute hoor.

I wouldn't be surprised if Margaret ends up in politics herself.

If she had got a proper education and applied herself she would have had no problem getting into further education but her culture has held her back. It would be good to see her getting a proper education followed by some kind of job and setting a positive example for her children. Sadly politics is the best option for her, she would be far worse off if she were working.

Yes we're all annoyed at her for milking the system but in a way she knows no better and is astute enough to know that there is no better option for her. She knows that she won't find a job that pays enough to support the lifestyle she currently has. She is intelligent enough to realise that many people who have completed college and are working full time are no nearer to getting a house than she is.

If she does get further education the best way she could use it for herself in the current rigged system is to become an activist and join one of the far left parties that call for the non-working class to get even more handouts. It may not be right, but it's the way the system currently works.

• Advertisement

She's 29 isn't she ?

That car has plenty of mileage left sadly!

Well it is regularly serviced, so should go on for many more miles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement