Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    300,000+ views on Facebook. Very surprised the comments are so positive, I don't see any negative at all.

Given the very low comments : views ratio (70 comments for 300K views?) I'd make a guess that the poster of the video is deleting any negative comments.

You can't comment on it sure - go ahead and try.
    I am not au fait with fb rules etc but I can see from looking at it with a colleague here that there is no option to comment.
    Correct. Sure the cretins involved can’t have a dissenting voice within their echo-chamber pointing out facts.

Scumbags. These entitled, deluded wastes of skin and oxygen need a good hard wake up call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

What's your bra size...

Much the same as Ms. Cash's.

Although my neck is a lot thinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

There didn’t seem to be many outside the Dail to hear her rant so it’s being broadcast on Facebook.

It’s a pity she cut her education short as I’d say she could have made something of herself.
    I have to agree with this, she's well able for public speaking, better able than I am after years of third level education and work. She's certainly smarter than I am, what with my working full time and tax paying in the hope that maybe, some day before it's too late, I'll be able to afford a second child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I have to agree with this, she's well able for public speaking, better able than I am after years of third level education and work. She's certainly smarter than I am, what with my working full time and tax paying in the hope that maybe, some day before it's too late, I'll be able to afford a second child.

Don't mistake ignorance for smarts and don't mistake the "fúck yourself" attitude travellers have toward everyone, for confident speaking.
    Margaret Cash doesnt care what you or anyone else thinks. So with that in mind, she's able to stand there with a borrowed microphone and talk horse shìt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

the "fúck yourself" attitude travellers have toward everyone

So very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anybody following the story in Cork about the mother of nine who's also homeless?
    She was living in a tent with them and now the kids are in friends houses and she's in a shed.
    She is originally from the UK but has family here and has mental health issues.

http://www.redfm.ie/news/cork/homeless-mother-of-nine-in-east-cork-living-in-a-tent-in-a-friends-back-garden/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Anybody following the story in Cork about the mother of nine who's also homeless?
    She was living in a tent with them and now the kids are in friends houses and she's in a shed.

http://www.redfm.ie/news/cork/homeless-mother-of-nine-in-east-cork-living-in-a-tent-in-a-friends-back-garden/

She turned down two houses. IIRC One for not having a washing machine and the other for having a fire escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

I always have to wonder with these large homeless familes that are taking in €50K+ a year from social. Would they not just move somewhere out of the big cities? A quick look on Daft shows many 4-5 bed houses in Mayo, Longford, Sligo etc. up for rent for €600-700 a month, probably a much better chance of a landlord accepting HAP payment too. Better moving away from family than staying in a Gardai station, hub or 1-bed B&B surely.
    Most people that live in cities do so because that's where the jobs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I always have to wonder with these large homeless familes that are taking in €50K+ a year from social. Would they not just move somewhere out of the big cities? A quick look on Daft shows many 4-5 bed houses in Mayo, Longford, Sligo etc. up for rent for €600-700 a month, probably a much better chance of a landlord accepting HAP payment too. Better moving away from family than staying in a Gardai station, hub or 1-bed B&B surely.

Too much entitlement . I really think if you go down the route of depending on the state so much you shouldnt have a right to housed in a city .

You should be housed in towns and villages that the need extra people

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Too much entitlement . I really think if you go down the route of depending on the state so much you shouldnt have a right to housed in a city .

You should be housed in towns and villages that the need extra people

Name one town or village that needs more people like Ms Cash? (Rathkeale excluded)

• Advertisement

She turned down two houses. IIRC One for not having a washing machine and the other for having a fire escape.

I was under the impression she wanted a house in Youghal but was offered one in Cobh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Seriously ?

You have not one tiny clue dear.

Absolutely deadly serious. I've no doubt you're one of his regular listeners and probably callers given your attempt at a smart reply. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Christ no theres only so much I can take. One parasitic Neanderthal with a litter of kids is enough. I know theres more but no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I was under the impression she wanted a house in Youghal but was offered one in Cobh!

Yes she wants to stay in Youghal only as she has family in the area and her doctor is there

Moving would be bad for her mental health

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

BBFAN wrote: »
    Absolutely deadly serious. I've no doubt you're one of his regular listeners and probably callers given your attempt at a smart reply. :rolleyes:

Wasn't an attempt but bless, keep trying to be an intellectual. Faux or normal.

And to the ignore pasture you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Most people that live in cities do so because that's where the jobs are.

The lady mentioned above is looking for something in Youghal. I wouldn't call Youghal a city by any stretch of the imagination??

Christ no theres only so much I can take. One parasitic Neanderthal with a litter of kids is enough. I know theres more but no

Says she is "trying to remain positive" ?

9 f**king brats, Jaysus she's some moments of happiness I'd say. Any point asking where dadddy/ies is/are ?

Says she is "trying to remain positive" ?

9 f**king brats, Jaysus she's some moments of happiness I'd say. Any point asking where dadddy/ies is/are ?

Daddy has a place she goes to for netflix and chill. His other children live across the road from his house.

Daddy has a place she goes to for netflix and chill. His other children live across the road from his house.

In the UK, or in Leoland of the Handouts?

Turnipman wrote: »
    In the UK, or in Leoland of the Handouts?

In cork

• Advertisement

Off topic but I only found out what that meant recently!!!!!!

Could have had a few dodgy moments saying that was what my plans were with the dog that weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Off topic but I only found out what that meant recently!!!!!!

Could have had a few dodgy moments saying that was what my plans were with the dog that weekend!!!!

Dogs need lovin too! :pac:

So sprog number 10 may already be on the way. :(

I ventured onto her Facebook page to see her outside the Dail all I really saw was a traveller woman yelling and shouting. Which is something i often see in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I can't think of another thread that enrages me so much every time I read it and yet I keep coming back in the hope that she gets ousted for the scandalous thieving b*tch that she is, but then it never happens.

A perpetual state of forum blue balls, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

BBFAN wrote: »
    The lady mentioned above is looking for something in Youghal. I wouldn't call Youghal a city by any stretch of the imagination??

It's not at a Dublin or Cork city centre price point but looking on Daft a 4-bed is still ~€1.5K a month to rent whereas you can get the same for less than half that elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

She turned down two houses.

Turned down two homes? She shouldn't have been given the opportunity to turn down the second! If you turn something down you should be removed from the housing list and made to reapply putting you at the bottom of the list. I hope she has that tent well pegged down.

Turned down two homes? She shouldn't have been given the opportunity to turn down the second! If you turn something down you should be removed from the housing list and made to reapply putting you at the bottom of the list. I hope she has that tent well pegged down.

I think that you're allowed 2 refusals and then you're removed from the list. Although if her refusals were for non-trivial reasons, she may be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Turnipman wrote: »
    I think that you're allowed 2 refusals and then you're removed from the list. Although if her refusals were for non-trivial reasons, she may be OK.

If you're living in a tent with 9 kids then the only valid reason for turning down a home is if it's made of asbestos and located in Chernobyl.

• Advertisement

If you're living in a tent with 9 kids then the only valid reason for turning down a home is if it's made of asbestos and located in Chernobyl.

Is not having enough room for the trampoline a valid one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement