Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

What do people reckon how long she'll last in her new forever home before anti social behaviour /none payment of rent..... results in her eviction.

I reckon 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

What do people reckon how long she'll last in her new forever home before anti social behaviour /none payment of rent..... results in her eviction.

I reckon 2 months

Forever I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Good. She's Irish and the most important job any woman can do is mother (apart from teacher and oncologist obviously).

Wow.

I reckon 2 months

I reckon the authorities would be too afraid of another media stunt and the fallout from it if they threw her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I reckon 2 months

How long does it take to remove the copper pipes, gas boiler, radiator's, solar panels and white goods?

I reckon 2 months

She’ll have learned how to occupy the property and avoid eviction at the infamous workshops supported by Peter McVerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

john4321 wrote: »

I had a look at that video.
    For perspective, I like to refer to travellers as misery merchants. Their presence and interactions with general society produces misery in the form of theft, violence, anxiety and intimidation.

This woman is being given a platform (Facebook) to peddle nonsense and outrageous claims such as "This government doesn't care about the people of this country". She hasn't a clue, and she is being permitted to broadcast this rubbish to easily influenced people. Without this government and the taxpayers of this state, her children would all be dead and she wouldn't be very far behind them.

She has a criminal record, for again, peddling misery but if you look at the comments on the video, she is being lauded as some kind of poor person's hero. She is no hero, she is a drain on resources and a very bad example to young people.

There is not an ounce of shame in her considering her story. On the contrary, she is boldly demanding more, more more! Soon she is going to need a custom built house to house all of her offspring. This is being paid for by people who are out working every day - away from their own (small) families.
    This for me is the worrying issue in all of this, that people who contribute nothing and take everything, are now feeling emboldened to demand more and accuse those who provide for them, as not doing enough.
    At the risk of sounding dramatic, there is a crisis in the entitlement industry and those peddling it's message.
    No one is defending the taxpayer's right to a fair shake for their contribution.

Forever I hope.

Said none of her neighbours ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Good. She's Irish and the most important job any woman can do is mother (apart from teacher and oncologist obviously).

Utter garbage.

:D:D:D
    Wow.

I reckon the authorities would be too afraid of another media stunt and the fallout from it if they threw her out.

The bailiffs would need to wear scuba diving outfits let alone balaclavas to do that eviction

van_beano wrote: »
    How long does it take to remove the copper pipes, gas boiler, radiator's, solar panels and white goods?

I'd say now the Ploughing is off for the day due to the weather there's a few of the country's "finest" finding that out before the owners get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Fairly sure she's still in the Drumcondra B&B for now. Hopefully they don't start giving priority treatment to those who shout the loudest to the media.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Ah FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So her stunt pays off for her

Some country where you pull a stunt by making your kids sleep in a Garda Station and you are rewarded for it

What is wrong is that in any common sense media, she wouldn't be "egged on" but what we have here is the media and hangers on, with mouthpieces and public airwaves access pushing her on, egging her and feigning scandalous outrage when she isn't given everything she wants.
    Jesus, you would just love a tougher stance to be taken on all this and someone to say what we are all thinking.

That would be a great slogan for a party by the way. "We will say what you are thinking"

Every media outlet seems to be left leaning these days, there's no balance to the debates. I would love to have a proper journalist out there who would ask the proper questions.

Look at Ryan Tubridy last Friday was pure soft with Connors or Miriam acting all lovey dovey with Ms. Cash. I would suggest that both Tubridy and Miriam are educated individuals but are both too afraid to ask the tough questions about the reasons people are having a herd of kids and expect the state to pick up the tab.

Media are afraid of the public backlash but I would think that far more of the public would respect them for doing it and bringing balance to the debate. It is just the left are the one's that shout the loudest whilst the rest of us are the silent majority too busy getting on with life.

The left go on about FF wrecking the country with all the giveaway budgets during the good times. As far as I recall no one from the left opposed the budgets when Social Welfare rates were increased yearly, funnily enough I seem to recall that the rate increases weren't enough. There's only so much money going around and all of it cannot be given out in Social Welfare.

To be fair to a broadcaster called Niall Boylan on 4fm, he does challenge the left narrative and I am increasingly giving his shows my ears because it makes a nice relief from the usual lefty softy shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Fairly sure she's still in the Drumcondra B&B for now. Hopefully they don't start giving priority treatment to those who shout the loudest to the media.

Oh they definitely will. Once one gets away with it, they'll all start sleeping in cop shops.
    That would be a great slogan for a party by the way. "We will say what you are thinking"

"*to a point lads, lets not go mad here".

There didn’t seem to be many outside the Dail to hear her rant so it’s being broadcast on Facebook.

It’s a pity she cut her education short as I’d say she could have made something of herself.

Whats hilarious is lushes in RTE/the journal etc etc desperately try to give the impression they understand the problems of "the workin classes" as they see it by doing sh#t like making sc#m like cash their postergirl thus clearly showing how out of touch and clueless they are. turbridy/o'callahan/duffy despicable trough feeders

300,000+ views on Facebook. Very surprised the comments are so positive, I don't see any negative at all.

Given the very low comments : views ratio (70 comments for 300K views?) I'd make a guess that the poster of the video is deleting any negative comments.

The Mirror's "Anti Vulture Campaign" or whatever ****e it's called is getting even more laughable in the face of "people" like the Cash one.

the journal etc etc desperately try to give the impression they understand the problems of "the workin classes" as they see it by doing sh#t like making sc#m like cash their postergirl thus clearly showing how out of touch and clueless they are

Can't speak for RTE but TheJournal were on a comment deleting spree on any of the articles about Ms.Cash, probably deleting 80%+ of comments, some with 1000s of thumbs up / likes too. Sad given the comments were just pointing out things that should have been in the article had the "journalist" done any research at all.

300,000+ views on Facebook. Very surprised the comments are so positive, I don't see any negative at all.

Given the very low comments : views ratio (70 comments for 300K views?) I'd make a guess that the poster of the video is deleting any negative comments.

Dey wer raysist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I wonder what she would say if asked where the grand a week she gets comes from. I reckon she would say the social. When pushed she might make the connection to the gubbermint. Pushed beyond that, I would expect a blank stare.

She and her type really do believe that money comes from the magic money tree behind government buildings.

Well, I think it's time that these people were made to understand that the money they are taking every week comes at the cost of the sick and disabled people of the state, the real hardship cases. Even the housing crisis that she keeps on mouthing off about. If we weren't paying for her expensive clothing, and crystal, or the upkeep of her baby habit, we might be able, as a country, to tackle some of these important issues. These people should feel shame for their actions, but they keep being told that they're the victims and, of course, they lap it up.

With the media the way it has gone and politicians only worried about the spin, who's going to tell these leeches that they should be ashamed of their actions?

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Every media outlet seems to be left leaning these days, there's no balance to the debates. I would love to have a proper journalist out there who would ask the proper questions.

Look at Ryan Tubridy last Friday was pure soft with Connors or Miriam acting all lovey dovey with Ms. Cash. I would suggest that both Tubridy and Miriam are educated individuals but are both too afraid to ask the tough questions about the reasons people are having a herd of kids and expect the state to pick up the tab.

Media are afraid of the public backlash but I would think that far more of the public would respect them for doing it and bringing balance to the debate. It is just the left are the one's that shout the loudest whilst the rest of us are the silent majority too busy getting on with life.

The left go on about FF wrecking the country with all the giveaway budgets during the good times. As far as I recall no one from the left opposed the budgets when Social Welfare rates were increased yearly, funnily enough I seem to recall that the rate increases weren't enough. There's only so much money going around and all of it cannot be given out in Social Welfare.

Media are not afraid of any backlash, the media supports the John Connors and Mrs cash of this world, its the media who create the narrative that these people are above criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I've seen some realist comments appear, but they are quickly removed. The front has to be kept up that she is some kind of national hero. No realism allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

This woman is being given a platform (Facebook) to peddle nonsense and outrageous claims such as "This government doesn't care about the people of this country". She hasn't a clue, and she is being permitted to broadcast this rubbish to easily influenced people.

To be fair, she's only echoing the rhetoric used regularly by the likes of Richard Boyd Barrett, Ruth Coppinger, Paul Murphy, et al. Yes, it's outrageous rubbish, but people do lap it up.

She's a bit of a firebrand, and not a bad public speaker for a traveller who left school at 12.

Surely some of these left-wing groups are behind her and promoting her at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

To be fair to a broadcaster called Niall Boylan on 4fm, he does challenge the left narrative and I am increasingly giving his shows my ears because it makes a nice relief from the usual lefty softy shíte

He's an ignorant uneducated shock jockey and more fool the people who listen to him. The amount of scum he has on his show is unreal. But work away, if his views are what you agree with I'm sure you'll put up with the scum he deals with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

The Mirror's "Anti Vulture Campaign" or whatever ****e it's called is getting even more laughable in the face of "people" like the Cash one.

What have the two issues got to do with each other?

You like the aul vulture funds do you? Great guys bringing employment and paying taxes in Ireland? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

When people get something for nothing, they will always complain that they are not getting enough

“What starts as gratitude quickly becomes dependency and ends as entitlement.”

Cicero

He would know, the Romans invented the dole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

It was her own choice to keep her children homeless. That's right, a choice she made. She has the money to rent somewhere but chooses not to.

It's not the government's fault
    It's not the gardas fault
    It's not the politicians fault

It is her choice

A when she's whining that she had to pack up 7 children each morning to move she should clarify it.

It is her choice to pack up her children every morning

It is her choice to be in a bedsit

It's her choice to live in drumcondra and have children in school in Tallaght

100% her choice

She has the income, she'd just chooses not to spend it on housing

BBFAN wrote: »
    He's an ignorant uneducated shock jockey and more fool the people who listen to him. The amount of scum he has on his show is unreal. But work away, if his views are what you agree with I'm sure you'll put up with the scum he deals with.

Seriously ?

You have not one tiny clue dear.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Boylan is good ( not great), his show has come on a lot and anytime he appears on TV, he speaks a lot of plain common sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement