Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

BBFAN wrote: »
    What have the two issues got to do with each other?

You like the aul vulture funds do you? Great guys bringing employment and paying taxes in Ireland? :rolleyes:

Oh give it a day off eh ?

Try actually reading what they are campaigning for, and see where I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Can't speak for RTE but TheJournal were on a comment deleting spree on any of the articles about Ms.Cash, probably deleting 80%+ of comments, some with 1000s of thumbs up / likes too. Sad given the comments were just pointing out things that should have been in the article had the "journalist" done any research at all.

And the same crowd is taking full control of boards.
    Wonder how well that will work out.

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

BBFAN wrote: »
    He's an ignorant uneducated shock jockey and more fool the people who listen to him. The amount of scum he has on his show is unreal. But work away, if his views are what you agree with I'm sure you'll put up with the scum he deals with.

"ignorant uneducated shock jock"

Code for person in media who says non PC things which offend me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

€2.5k on a communion dress.
    €280 on a pair of top of the range runners.
    €300 on a tracksuit.

And us workers are funding it all.

This has to stop.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    €300 on a tracksuit.

This has to stop.

That camouflage rag was 300 quid ???

****'s sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

It was her own choice to keep her children homeless. That's right, a choice she made. She has the money to rent somewhere but chooses not to.

It's not the government's fault
    It's not the gardas fault
    It's not the politicians fault

It is her choice

A when she's whining that she had to pack up 7 children each morning to move she should clarify it.

It is her choice to pack up her children every morning

It is her choice to be in a bedsit

It's her choice to live in drumcondra and have children in school in Tallaght

100% her choice

She has the income, she'd just chooses not to spend it on housing

Income? Thats an insult to those that work. More like social benefits we mugs, sorry tax payers, contribute towards to fund her waterford crystal, tracksuit and nike air max addiction. 2,500 on a fecking communion dress, it must have been made out of Angle (angel) tears or something to cost that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

€300 on a tracksuit.

This has to stop.

Where are these figures coming from? Is she seriously posting all this on FB while holding out her hand to the government?

Where are these figures coming from? Is she seriously posting all this on FB while holding out her hand to the government?

The runners for sure yeah. No shame whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    300,000+ views on Facebook. Very surprised the comments are so positive, I don't see any negative at all.

Given the very low comments : views ratio (70 comments for 300K views?) I'd make a guess that the poster of the video is deleting any negative comments.

You can't comment on it sure - go ahead and try.
    I am not au fait with fb rules etc but I can see from looking at it with a colleague here that there is no option to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The runners for sure yeah. No shame whatsoever.

I don't think I spent that on my last 3 pairs of runners.

Half this story seems to be playing out on FB, first time I've felt I'm missing something by not being on it.

• Advertisement

I don't think I spent that on my last 3 pairs of runners.

Half this story seems to be playing out on FB, first time I've felt I'm missing something by not being on it.

I'm currently wearing 12 quid Penney's runners.

Do me no harm!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

€300 on a tracksuit.

This has to stop.

It’s worse it’s going to get. Nothing but council houses being built, the ordinary worker being rode for tax to fund the fleagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

€300 on a tracksuit.

This has to stop.

Can you link to these figures?

Bloody disgraceful from the 'single' homeless mother of seven :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Jimmy. wrote: »
    €300 on a tracksuit.

This has to stop.

It’s worse it’s going to get. Nothing but council houses being built, the ordinary worker being rode for tax to fund the fleagh.
    Where are these Council houses being built?? Not in Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Blazer wrote: »
    And the same crowd is taking full control of boards.
    Wonder how well that will work out.

Has boards been sold to the same company that owns journal?
    I genuinely will delete my account if so.
    Have you a link?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Have you a link?

Here's the details.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057904013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

There didn’t seem to be many outside the Dail to hear her rant so it’s being broadcast on Facebook.

It’s a pity she cut her education short as I’d say she could have made something of herself.

She's definitely qualified to be a Sinn Fein or Solidarity councillor or might even make Senator.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Does this mean that thejournal.ie will now be interfering in the site or dictating what can or can’t be talked about?

It's a concern though!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Have you a link?

Boards is already owned by Distilled Media which also owns TheJournal, been that way for years. They said recently they are restructuring the companies so that Boards is owned by Journal Media Ltd. rather than being a seperate company. What changes that will mean other than legally, who knows, they already worked out of the same floor of the same offices.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

"Since its launch over 20 years ago Boards has grown from a single Quake forum ..... "

Pardon my hignorance but wtf is a single Quake forum? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Turnipman wrote: »
    "Since its launch over 20 years ago Boards has grown from a single Quake forum ..... "

A forum where people discuss the game Quake, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Stop derailing the thread, we want more discussion of miss cash and her brood.;)

Faith+1 wrote: »
    A forum where people discuss the game Quake, nothing else.

Thanks.

I'm rather proud of the fact that until your reply I had never even heard of a game called Quake. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It's a concern though!

It really isn't. They've actually been owned by the same crowd for years, this is more a restructuring.

Anyway, having seen the video from yesterday I am seriously considering selling up the house and leaving this country. It is something I've given thought too, it seems as a single person I am bottom of the rung when it comes to anything, I am absolutely ridden with tax and yet we reward this entitlement culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

DChancer wrote: »
    Where are these Council houses being built?? Not in Dublin anyway.

There is plenty in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Boylan is good ( not great), his show has come on a lot and anytime he appears on TV, he speaks a lot of plain common sense.
    It's a damning indictment of the media in this country that Niall Boylan is seen as a bastion of reason. He is by no means an exemplary journalist but, in the current climate of feeling over facts, he simply says it as it is. And fair play to him for doing so, his no bull**** policy has certainly gained a few new listeners to his show, in the form of me and many of my friends (the much-maligned "squeezed middle").

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

She's definitely qualified to be a Sinn Fein or Solidarity councillor or might even make Senator.

Senators talk a lot, have wacky ideas, little common sense, don't live in the real world, cost lots of tax payers money and achieve hardly anything

Mrs Cash elected first count

It's a damning indictment of the media in this country that Niall Boylan is seen as a bastion of reason. He is by no means an exemplary journalist but, in the current climate of feeling over facts, he simply says it as it is. And fair play to him for doing so, his no bull**** policy has certainly gained a few new listeners to his show, in the form of me and many of my friends (the much-maligned "squeezed middle").

Every day I miss George Hook more and more. He was a bit of a buffoon but he tried his best to ask the non-pc questions.

mikemac2 wrote: »

Senators talk a lot, have wacky ideas, little common sense, don't live in the real world, cost lots of tax payers money and achieve hardly anything

Mrs Cash elected first count

Could she afford the reduction in household income?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Every day I miss George Hook more and more. He was a bit of a buffoon but he tried his best to ask the non-pc questions.

What's your bra size...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement