Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Odelay

Neyite wrote: »
    I also think that there needs to be a rule whereby anyone who trashes a council property gets disqualified from ever getting another one. There is absolutely no reason why an adult who has the nous to fill out forms at 18 for their foreva home can't look after it. If you can't respect a property, then you don't deserve a property.

If you rip out fixtures and fittings then off with ya to get a mortgage of your own. Lets see how quickly you'll wreck the doors, carpets or plumbing that you actually paid for yourself.

Did she wreck a previous house? Or it that about others that wreck property's they are given?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Odelay wrote: »
    Did she wreck a previous house? Or it that about others that wreck property's they are given?

I was talking in general about anyone on the list, not necessarily anyone in particular.

There were some rumblings online about her previously having a council house that got trashed, but I can't confirm that I'm afraid. I'd find it hard to believe with her under such scrutiny since the night in the Garda Station that something like that wouldn't have came to light shortly after she became a household name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The mob mentality is unbelievable really, you'd have to wonder how many of them actually form/have their own opinions on matters, or are just blindly following the opinions of those who shout loudest. I find it hard to understand how so many people can defend Margaret Cash, considering the facts of the case - maybe they don't know the facts (i.e. that she's a leech) or, for some reason, just choose to ignore them. "There are none so blind as those who will not see" springs to mind..

Because contrary to what people say there is a huge proportion of the country who are part of this entitlement culture and feel the government are to blame for everything.

It’s not just a small number, it’s a huge number and it’s getting bigger each day.

They are a drain on society and things are getting worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I just realised something, when tax and deductions are taken into consideration this woman isn't far off the Net pay of a TD.

Why on earth have no media outlet put this question to this woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

Because contrary to what people say there is a huge proportion of the country who are part of this entitlement culture and feel the government are to blame for everything.

It’s not just a small number, it’s a huge number and it’s getting bigger each day.

The truth is, we're all to blame. We're to blame because we tolerate government after government who instead of wise and fair governance choose to just throw endless amounts of tax payers money at issue's until they're gone or at least gone from them. A culture of entitlement has been fostered over the past 30 years or so. it's much easier to just increase public spending on welfare service and make a show of tackling the problem instead of making the effort to break the cycle and change the culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Whilst I'm no supporter of this particular woman the amount of lies being spouted on here are unreal.

She HASN'T turned down council houses, she HASN'T been given a house in Tallaght, she's HASN'T refused to rent a place using HAP.

There's plenty to criticise this woman for without making up lies to make yourselves feel better about it.

As for making comments/jokes about her private parts, disgusting scumbag behaviour. If that's what makes you feel better about your miserable life you really need to look at yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I just realised something, when tax and deductions are taken into consideration this woman isn't far off the Net pay of a TD.

Why on earth have no media outlet put this question to this woman.

If you take into account all the extra benefits she gets (social housing, medical card, back to school stuff etc.) it probably works out as lots more.

but sure look I'm sure her sev.. err.. eight (nine?) kids will grow up to be great tax payers, right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

BBFAN wrote: »
    Whilst I'm no supporter of this particular woman the amount of lies being spouted on here are unreal.

She HASN'T turned down council houses, she HASN'T been given a house in Tallaght, she's HASN'T refused to rent a place using HAP.

There's plenty to criticise this woman for without making up lies to make yourselves feel better about it.

As for making comments/jokes about her private parts, disgusting scumbag behaviour. If that's what makes you feel better about your miserable life you really need to look at yourselves.

Of course she hasnt been given one - you really think she would be making a fool of yourself outside the Dail if she had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

cant believe this thread is still running .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Why hasn't she rented using HAP then? It won't cover the entire rent cost? Tough, stick your hand in your pocket and make up the difference.

You realise this is AH right? For discussions with no jokes there are other places to go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Cina wrote: »
    If you take into account all the extra benefits she gets (social housing, medical card, back to school stuff etc.) it probably works out as lots more.

but sure look I'm sure her sev.. err.. eight (nine?) kids will grow up to be great tax payers, right? :rolleyes:

But ah bless there's people saying we're making stuff up.

You don't bloody have to!!!!!

If a bookie would give odds, I'd have a ton says that before them kids are out of their teens they've 1,000 convictions between them and not a second in jail.

I'd imagine she has a fanny like a ripped out fire place so lots of thread needed there.

If I may quote the sainted mother, may God rest her soul:

"More pricks than a second hand dartboard".

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

...and she NEVER worked a minute in her life, she NEVER paid a broken penny in taxes and ALL what she DOES is leeching on hard working rest of community ... guess is a lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

...and she NEVER worked a minute in her life, she NEVER paid a broken penny in taxes and ALL what she DOES is leeching on hard working rest of community ... guess is a lifestyle

Careful now.

We will have the pedantic ones arriving to tell us she pays VAT on things she buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I'm not going to comment on whether she and her family were offered, turned down or trashed properties because i don't know but I have heard of people on the housing list who turn down properties offered to them for various reasons.

We would all turn down properties we did not like if we could afford an alternative property we did like. Most of us can't do that and have to take what we can afford to pay for with what's left after tax.

I don't think people should be making comments about Margaret's body even if it is AH. Comments like that invalidate any rational debate on the thread.

Emme, there's nothing rational about any of this.

Its been 500 pages of the majority complaining about the entitlement culture with the minority basically saying "won't somebody think of the kids".

Why hasn't she rented using HAP then? It won't cover the entire rent cost? Tough, stick your hand in your pocket and make up the difference.

You realise this is AH right? For discussions with no jokes there are other places to go.

She hasn't rented with HAP because there are no landlords out there who will accept someone with 7 children on a HAP payment, get a grip.

I do realise it's AH yeah. There's jokes and then there's making disgusting comments about a real persons private parts. Those comments are not jokes and not funny.

...and she NEVER worked a minute in her life, she NEVER paid a broken penny in taxes and ALL what she DOES is leeching on hard working rest of community ... guess is a lifestyle[/QUOTE

"All what she does"?? "guess if it's a lifestyle".

If you're going to rant please pause from your spitting at the screen to use proper English.

Emme, there's nothing rational about any of this.

Its been 500 pages of the majority complaining about the entitlement culture with the minority basically saying "won't somebody think of the kids".

And the majority who are complaining about her would like to see the kids have a good life with all that kids deserve, but unfortunately they are more than likely going to be turned into future benefit freeloaders with little respect for others or their property.

Thats the sad thing in all this. Its a continuous cycle.

She hasn't rented with HAP because there are no landlords out there who will accept someone with 7 children on a HAP payment, get a grip.

Might have been something to think about before having 7 children then. You know, like most of us have to think about these things. Apparently shes intelligent enough to game the system but not to realise her choices may have consequences.
    I do realise it's AH yeah. There's jokes and then there's making disgusting comments about a real persons private parts. Those comments are not jokes and not funny.

That would be a matter of opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

There are no landlords who will accept HAP for her and her 7 children? Has she asked them all?

Why can't she rent without HAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

NIMAN wrote: »
    Careful now.

We will have the pedantic ones arriving to tell us she pays VAT on things she buys.

With OUR money.
    The VAT that is pays when she is buying her fags, alcohol etc. is money that the tax payer provided to her.

Kivaro wrote: »
    With OUR money.
    The VAT that is pays when she is buying her fags, alcohol etc. is money that the tax payer provided to her.

yeah, I know that and you know that.

But the defenders of these folk always try to say its her money. Many say "there's no such thing as a free house, people pay rent", ignoring the fact that the Gov gives her the money to pay the rent, so in effect the house is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Kivaro wrote: »
    With OUR money.

But the defenders of these folk always try to say its her money. Many say "there's no such thing as a free house, people pay rent", ignoring the fact that the Gov gives her the money to pay the rent, so in effect the house is free.

It's only one person who says that on here.. and I'm sure they will be along soon!

I've just bought an Aero, with a euro my boss gave me as he had it on his desk and I'm working through lunch and I think he felt sorry for me.

I bought it but not with my money. It was a free Aero.

That's the point that so many defenders of these wastrels fail to understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

If I may quote the sainted mother, may God rest her soul:

"More pricks than a second hand dartboard".

Like throwing a sausage up O'Connell st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

...and she NEVER worked a minute in her life, she NEVER paid a broken penny in taxes and ALL what she DOES is leeching on hard working rest of community ... guess is a lifestyle[/QUOTE

"All what she does"?? "guess if it's a lifestyle".

If you're going to rant please pause from your spitting at the screen to use proper English.
    Nice. Just a little bit pointlessly judgemental.

The fact that this thread relates to a work-shy leech whose neck you couldn’t mark with a blow-torch escapes you, it seems.

It’s been pointed out on the thread before, if you find yourself defending this parasite, you’re either a cretin or a parasite yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

I've just bought an Aero, with a euro my boss gave me as he had it on his desk and I'm working through lunch and I think he felt sorry for me.

If your boss then said, "I contributed to your free chocolate by giving you a euro" , would you reply "no you didn't because I was entitled to that chocolate and a euro wouldn't buy a chocolate bar for everyone in Ireland who is entitled to free chocolate?"

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Hardly surprising so many believe the government should wipe their ar5e when the media are constantly demanding more and more public spending, any politician who suggests tax cuts should be a bigger priority than increased spending is branded a thatcherite.

We are conditioned into believing the state should deal with everything on a constant basis, public discourse in Ireland is exclusively left wing on every topic now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

did you believe you were entitled to the said Aero? :D:) probably not because you are a contributor to society unlike that Cash wagon.

Ps. was it at least a mint one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement