Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 239 Jones Vs Santos

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Violently knocked out? As opposed to getting gently knocked out. :confused: You do know the objective each fighter has right?

So whats more sporting?

1. Knocking out someone in a full contact MMA contest.
    2. Taunting / Mocking someone while they're unconscious?

You know what honestly I don't really care anymore. What I don't like is people getting their knickers in a twist because other people are daring to have the opinion that the after KO ****e wasn't called for? The fcuk is that about? Its like you have to think it was great or else you'll be labelled a softy, choose another sport, grow up, ah you've no clue about MMA. Insert more toughman talk :rolleyes:

Anyway i'm not going to post again in this thread. Last thing i'll say is having varying opinions is a good thing. Be a vary boring world otherwise.

I dare you to post again - soft jaw :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Askren had that KO coming (from a purely fight POV) but I do think that Masvidal really made himself out to be a total dick. Bad loss for Ben obviously but doesn't really tell us anything much about either fighter, just one of those things, bit like McGregor knocking out Aldo.

Agreed, but at least with Conor's win, there was some action and feeling out/plotting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

walshb wrote: »
    Agreed, but at least with Conor's win, there was some action and feeling out/plotting.....

Same thing here. Masvidal standing open, leaning back.

Has to be a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The Nal wrote: »
    Has to be a rematch.

I disagree. It was as comprehensive a win as you get.

I get why you would want to see a rematch but I don't think Jorge owes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mellor wrote: »
    That Masvidal is smarter than he makes out.
    The entire start was choreographed. His hands behind his back, side stepping. It was fake passiveness to get Ben to press forward. Then he rushes him.
    Ben, well he exposed his predictability, and the fact he probably still swings more to wrestler than MMA fighter . We all know he is only after he TD, no shock there. But when put under pressure he instinct was to duck. Charge DC and you'd probably meet an overhand right.

If Jorge just ran at the bell, I don't think Ben responds by shooting on him.

It actually went further than the start of the fight,

All week in the build up whenever Jorge dumped into Ben or was in the same room of him he put his hands behind his back to come across as passive ,
    His idea was to not make Ben feel threatened, he wanted Ben to feel relaxed and think there would be a feeling out stage,

It was quite brilliant ,

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I disagree. It was as comprehensive a win as you get.

I get why you would want to see a rematch but I don't think Jorge owes it!

Ben said himself he does not deserve a rematch but felt if he wins a few fights down the line they will meet again ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

dulux99 wrote: »
    Arnold Allen needs to get himself a new manager.

What about diego sanchez. No wonder dana loves him. Costs him F all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

All week in the build up whenever Jorge dumped into Ben or was in the same room of him he put his hands behind his back to come across as passive ,
    His idea was to not make Ben feel threatened, he wanted Ben to feel relaxed and think there would be a feeling out stage,

It was quite brilliant ,

You watching too much Chael

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

You watching too much Chael

he is
    and not paying attention
    it was Ben doing the arms behind the back stick !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Just saw the askren ko. What a classless prick masvidel is.
    Masvodel has spoken previously how he loved to start fights by sucker punching people, he is a scummy cnut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

It was quite brilliant ,

I don't think that was a tactic for just for Ben as he done the same thing when walking toward Leon Edwards after the Till fight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Few there the other night who should seriously consider retirement,

Sanchez
    Rockhold
    Holm

Holm is 2-5 since she beat Rousey like, years since Sanchez beat anyone decent and Rockhold has a glass jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

rob316 wrote:
    Holm is 2-5 since she beat Rousey like, years since Sanchez beat anyone decent and Rockhold has a glass jaw.
    Rockhold look like he was carrying a few injuries into the fight. He certainly has a bad jaw but he has won plenty of decent fights despite it. He has plenty to offer yet.
    Sanchez will make money for a while yet as a litmus test for younger fighters. He isn't going to win titles again or beat top fighters but certainly still has enough about him to face up and comers.
    Holly Holm I agree with, she looks old in the ring in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Rockhold look like he was carrying a few injuries into the fight. He certainly has a bad jaw but he has won plenty of decent fights despite it. He has plenty to offer yet.
    Sanchez will make money for a while yet as a litmus test for younger fighters. He isn't going to win titles again or beat top fighters but certainly still has enough about him to face up and comers.

Holm was fighting possible the best female fighter of all time in fairness, as opposed to the two other lads who were put to the sword by a top 10 and maybe top 20 fighter respectively.

While Holm maybe should retire, I feel the other two should definitely consider it. Sanchez is just too tough for his own good, and Rockholds body is just not tough enough it would seem (though he definitely remains a supremely skilled fighter).

eagle eye wrote: »

I think Luke is done , he has been ko'd 3 of his last 4 and moved up in weight where guys hit harder ,

Yes your right he has plenty to offer he could beat 50% of the division but Luke was a champion and a made plenty of cash I can't see him fighting if he has no chance of a title , He is going to get ko'd against any of the top guys so probably best calling it day ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Luke is an incredible athlete but it certainly looks like he has been figured out as a fighter .
    his decision making is becoming increasingly poorer and you wonder if his heart is really in it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Rockhold should go to Bellator, smash bums, become the champ, use it to boost his modelling career to make lots of Dosh even after he retires from fighting

Advertisement