Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

My data connection has settled since I updated yesterday. Data now automatically connects when I move from 2G to 3G

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What size is the update? I dont have access to wifi an awful lot so rely on the H+ signal on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Melion wrote: »
    What size is the update?.

around 700MBs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

Media999 wrote: »
    Dosnt sound right at all. Id say flash again.

nah theres an easier solution. involves wiping data of media player or something. a quick google would confirm it
    i did a wipe when i had it myself (1-2 months back now as i was testing the pre releases), but i found out after that thats the solution.
    there is a second similar error happens too sometimes from ics to jellybean and i think its maps causes it.. do similar. into the apps settings and wipe data of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭donkey balls

This problem of mine is really getting the better of me :mad: when I go into the settings for sound/volume the phone just freezes and while sliding through the apps it also freezes.
    The last time this happened to me was when using a nokia going try and back the phone up on kies and try to download jelly bean again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Any ideas how to connect to ODIN when it just keeps on coming up with the recovery menu instead of connecting.

All i get is a load of recovery options and

Manual mode

successfully applied csc.

phone still has jellybean on it if i restart

when turning on the phone press home, power + DOWN to put it in download mode.
    sounds like you are pressing up to go to recovery

kenyard wrote: »
    when turning on the phone press home, power + DOWN to put it in download mode.
    sounds like you are pressing up to go to recovery

Simple as that :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

any news on O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Does the "my own words" list still clear if the phone is off or restarted?

• Advertisement

any news on O2?

it was telling me nothing was available last i checked. might be worth checking kies now though to see whats going on. i dont think there is an unbranded european one as of yet is all.
    my splashscreen is now "three.co.uk" after flashing the latest one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

it was telling me nothing was available last i checked. might be worth checking kies now though to see whats going on. i dont think there is an unbranded european one as of yet is all.
    my splashscreen is now "three.co.uk" after flashing the latest one :P

I installed the Swedish release ( build I9300XXDLIH ) the CSC (Consumer Software Customization) is I9300VDSDLI1 which apparently means its for unbranded phones

it working perfectly for me with no crappy carrier preinstalled apps or splash screen

yeah I had that also before this,l and DLJ1 is only the next version up from that, so probably only changes are branding it to three.. either way its grand and smooth now for sure, i did have to uninstall a few of their apps that got installed with it also. bbc player etc
    theres a samsung help thing though that looks like it may be useful to some. kinda a troubleshooting app if you have issues. i didnt look into it too much but im guessing it will help a world of s3 users
    used to have moments before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

any news on O2?
    says they're testing it on their website, in the forum under new handsets coming. hopefully soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Help!

Using a rooted (unlocked via the app) S3 on three but I think it was originally meteor. When I go to software update it says none available but I want JB
    Also if I update will I lose the unlock? If so can it done again on JB..

Thanks in advance
    Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Finding the whole jellybean thing a bit buggy ..the data connection thing a few apps suddenlt not working phone contact very slow to open not finding it particularly buttery either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

It automatically downloaded the update when I was on wifi (overnight) without my say so :mad::mad: and now every 3 hours it pops up asking me to update.

How do I get rid of this update popping up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

To all the people having problems with Jelly bean. I would recommend doing a full wipe and re-flashing. For a better user experience.

Strange people having problems. Jellybean made my S3 a lot better on speed and battery.

I was on Polish version then went to Three version which is exactly the same apart from the Three splashscreen as far as i can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Bump

You could flash the polish version ? Im on meteor and have been using it since it was released without any problems

• Advertisement

also as has been posted in the main s3 thread, you will more than likely lose unlock + root access alright since you did it via an app which just changes the setting on it.

i would update to the swedish version if updating as its the latest and will be update-able in future

also as has been posted in the main s3 thread, you will more than likely lose unlock + root access alright since you did it via an app which just changes the setting on it.

i would update to the swedish version if updating as its the latest and will be update-able in future

Whats the difference between polish and swedish?

newer version so less buggy probably. i hafnt noticed any bugs on them anyway, though im up to a more recent one again since.
    swedish one also has btu csc so thats applicable to us, whereas the polish one isnt. because of that you can install future updates OTA/via kies i believe from the swedish one but not from the polish unless you do a factory reset.
    besides that, very little else.

Where do i actually get the swedish files?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

scroll down to the second post which has DLIH
    swedish

the three one at the top is 2 days more recent, but is branded by them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Got fed up waiting for an update so I flashed omegas jb with the aroma installer..nice clean OS with no bloat ware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

scroll down to the second post which has DLIH
    swedish

the three one at the top is 2 days more recent, but is branded by them

Cheers. Much quicker download from here after a google for the filename.

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4151583

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Since the JB update on Three (official) I keep getting my data connection dropping off and not coming back unless I go to flight mode for about 10 seconds, and then back to normal.

Really annoying. Anyone contacted three or heard of any fixes / workarounds for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

Got fed up waiting for an update so I flashed omegas jb with the aroma installer..nice clean OS with no bloat ware.

Couldn't wait any longer either! Did the same myself along with the motomoto theme....so far ....... amazeballs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am getting an update on S3 o2 phone. The size is around 300mb. I am not sure if its JB. Downloading... will update in a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I came on to say I updated to jb earlier. O2

Yes, it was a JellyBean update on o2. Phone now updated to 4.1.1

Download size 305mb. Got the update OTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

matrim wrote: »
    Since the JB update on Three (official) I keep getting my data connection dropping off and not coming back unless I go to flight mode for about 10 seconds, and then back to normal.

Really annoying. Anyone contacted three or heard of any fixes / workarounds for it?

Had the same intermittently from the polish version as well.
    Although it seems to have stopped now since I did a reflash.
    Didn't lose my unlock by the way , only root which is quick and easy to restore :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Vodafone released UK No sign or Ireland why am I not surprised useless tits

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yes, it was a JellyBean update on o2. Phone now updated to 4.1.1

Download size 305mb. Got the update OTA.

whats the version number?

• Advertisement

sorry i meant the baseband version

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Is that the Jelly Bean update on Vodafone this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

im thinking it is, got the message myself this morning, wont be updating until I get on the wifi this evening though.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

It is indeed, ringing it here now. Looking good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Yap just updated to JB on vodafone. Loving it

sorry i meant the baseband version
    19300xxdlid.

Battery so much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

Dear meteor,

hurry the Fcuk up.

Sincerely

Meteor customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

big_show wrote: »
    Dear meteor,

hurry the Fcuk up.

Sincerely

Meteor customers

eMobile have indicated on their own support forum that they have no planned release for Jellybean. I take it that would apply to Meteor too as they are more or less the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

On Vodafone, just noticed my phone downloaded the update, installing it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

My eMobile S3 is MET, so I guess it's up to Meteor.
    statto25 wrote: »
    eMobile have indicated on their own support forum that they have no planned release for Jellybean. I take it that would apply to Meteor too as they are more or less the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Got JB down on Vodafone this morning too. So what now... :D

Nothing to keep checking for now, when is the next version out?

One thing I notice is that the Battery Usage screen doesn't show the usage for Cell Standby now.. Voice Calls, and usual Screen, is showing most usage. Will see how it works out during the day.

Notifications seem to have been revamped and I like the look of the "Blocking Mode" and I can set up timed notification changes. Mail notifications seem updated too - I have about 7 mail accounts on the go so anything to help will be good:D

Edit: going to encrypt now too... will be back later when my device dies! FYI Kies won't connect to it now either so cannot get a good backup before I encrypt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

From the meteor facebook page
    Hi,

When you expect to release update for Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean ?
    I saw that Ireland Three Network got it yesterday.
    Like · · 19 October at 15:14

Meteor: Hi xxxxx, this is being tested as we speak and will be available real soon.
    19 October at 15:20 · Like
    xxxxxxxxx We are talking here about days or weeks ? :) Thanks.
    19 October at 15:23 · Like
    Meteor: From what we hear were looking at days :)
    19 October at 15:25 · Like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

big_show wrote: »
    From the meteor facebook page
    Flash it yourself.
    I had jelly bean on my s2 2 Months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

early impression of Google Now voice search is very good!
    My Google Now won't talk any idea

• Advertisement
Advertisement