Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tardis wrote: »
    Wonder if it'll be out soon for meteor

I flashed the Polish leak on my Meteor S3 when it came out, its easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

kippy wrote: »

On three, updated this morning and yes, am having that issue also.
    A quicker work around in the meantime however is to switch mobile data off, then on again, via the notification bar, but that doesnt resolve the issue (ie it gets mobile data up and running again but it appears to drop off later on.
    Gonna have a snoop around and see what could be doing this.

Overall nice update, few nice new features etc and fair play three, was expecting a longer wait.
    that doesnt get it working on my s3. im on three also

hopefully someone can figure this out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Power off then on again, happened me when I updated this morning, turned my phone off then on again. No problems since

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Walkman wrote: »
    Power off then on again, happened me when I updated this morning, turned my phone off then on again. No problems since

I had already tried that.
    Tried it again there however and now seem to have H+ access and stable connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

kippy wrote: »
    On three, updated this morning and yes, am having that issue also.
    A quicker work around in the meantime however is to switch mobile data off, then on again, via the notification bar, but that doesnt resolve the issue (ie it gets mobile data up and running again but it appears to drop off later on.
    +1 Not connecting to H+ after disconnection from wifi.
    PAIN! :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm not fixed, full H+ signal but no internet when I moved from 2G to 3G, needed to toggle airplane mode

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I updated on 3 this afternoon and Im only on 4.04?

i seem to have fix the problem on mine. i removed the battery and sim card for 1min and then replaced them a its sorted now. hopefull it will last

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Im glad im not the only one experiencing mobile connection trouble.
    Its a bit of a joke :(

Turned phone off, took out battery and sim and left it for a few minutes as mentioned above.
    Seems to be working ok so far.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Im glad im not the only one experiencing mobile connection trouble.
    Its a bit of a joke :(

Turned phone off, took out battery and sim and left it for a few minutes as mentioned above.
    Seems to be working ok so far.
    is your data connection still going ok?
    mine isnt. im having to restart the phone to wake up the data connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

yep got it with three too and I was on 4.04 also, now up to 4.1.1. I knew when I got the "installation failed" message on my phone this afternoon that it was trying to install an update. I don't know if this is just me, but you have to plug it in with usb to computer and use the Kies software to do it. Takes about half an hour.

Mine seems stable again (For now anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

how do i swap from polish release to Three release without restoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Help!

Using a rooted (unlocked via the app) S3 on three but I think it was originally meteor. When I go to software update it says none available but I want JB
    Also if I update will I lose the unlock? If so can it done again on JB..

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Media999 wrote: »
    how do i swap from polish release to Three release without restoring?
    hmm i just updated to dlJ1 and my splashscreen is three.co.uk XD
    http://www.hotfile.com/dl/176513786/4813ff1/I9300XXDLJ1_I9300H3GDLJ1_H3G.zip.html

it is the most recent release though so ill keep it unless theres more bloatware :)

its also the euro one, so after this you should be able to receive any updates also (correct csc means update checks will work i think...im on DLIH and its letting me check for updates, just says no newer available, as O2 are slow)
    if you want the specific three release it should be up on sammobile
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/
    easy enough navigate. even if you install an older one, it wont do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cider

I have updated to 4.1.1 last night but i am now unable to select Continuous input in my keyboard settings on a Galaxy S3.
    I have turned on predictive text but the Continuous input box cannot not be selected. Any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

My battery life is terrible now lads.
    Anyone else notice this.

The whole system seems slower. I'm not liking it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone else notice this.

Kinda noticed the battery too, i'd get 2 days (charge on second day) without hogging the phone, now i seem to have to stick it in every 8 hours or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Pikasso wrote: »
    +1 Not connecting to H+ after disconnection from wifi.
    PAIN! :mad:

+1 on that too.

Is this just a 3 prob?

Random slow downs for no reason and no auto jump back to 3G (or h/+) makes me wish they did more testing...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

god's toy wrote: »

+1 on that too.

Is this just a 3 prob?

Random slow downs for no reason and no auto jump back to 3G (or h/+) makes me wish they did more testing...

Appears to be ok now. Switches easily from H+ to wifi and back again.
    Did notice alright that the battery was declining more rapidly

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice this.

Can't say the same. Battery life seems grand and the system is significantly faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Guys could anyone experiencing Data Connection problems after the JellyBean update please report them to Three on this thread to give Three an idea of the scale of the problem.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shaneboyle

Bought my SIII SIM free from a shop from Luxembourg... any ideas when I'll get the update???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Pikasso wrote: »

Appears to be ok now. Switches easily from H+ to wifi and back again.
    Did notice alright that the battery was declining more rapidly

Not for me, still having to go onto plane mode even while using the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

i will say i was experiencing battery issues when i updated to jellybean. i had to uninstall a certain app and after i reinstalled it i dont have any issues.
    used betterbatterystats to see what was causing wakelocks on the phone, and it showed Fotmob was causing a rediculous amount of wakeup time, so i uninstalled, but kinda use the app a lot so reinstalled and its fine since. my guess is some of you guys cud have similar.
    as for network issues...goodluck i guess

Is there actually any difference between Polish and OTA three Jellybean? Might just leave the polish one on altogether.

early impression of Google Now voice search is very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hmm, still no sign of Jelly Bean on o2. Tried wireless and with Kies.

Could just be o2 UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Since I updated to jelly bean my phone has slowed down I cannot even open up any of the apps,A message appears saying process android process media has stopped.:eek: cant even get into my music or picture files.:mad:

• Advertisement

Since I updated to jelly bean my phone has slowed down I cannot even open up any of the apps,A message appears saying process android process media has stopped.:eek: cant even get into my music or picture files.:mad:

Dosnt sound right at all. Id say flash again.

Advertisement